Bi-Partisan Support For Impeachment

• 3 weeks later...

Polls-smolls, right? But he is getting crushed in his latest polls, and judging by this action, the internals must be showing those poll numbers to be true. So, what's he gonna do? Why leave the party, of course!

Those tariffs on China must really be hurting his family's coffers.

Link

Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) on Thursday announced he's leaving the Republican Party and becoming an independent, months after igniting a political firestorm when he became the first sitting GOP congressman to call for an impeachment inquiry against President Trump.

</snip>

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Polls-smolls, right? But he is getting crushed in his latest polls, and judging by this action, the internals must be showing those poll numbers to be true. So, what's he gonna do? Why leave the party, of course!

Those tariffs on China must really be hurting his family's coffers.

Link

Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) on Thursday announced he's leaving the Republican Party and becoming an independent, months after igniting a political firestorm when he became the first sitting GOP congressman to call for an impeachment inquiry against President Trump.

</snip>

heh

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I’D TAKE HIS “THE TWO PARTY SYSTEM IS AWFUL” STANCE MORE SERIOUSLY IF HE WEREN’T TRAILING BADLY IN THE PRIMARY POLL AS A REPUBLICAN: 

Justin Amash Slams The Trump GOP. Vox, of course, loves the idea of a third party that will siphon off enough votes to elect democrats.

And there’s this: “I started to hear [the word] nationalism more and more. And that’s a concept that really is about a love for your people simply by virtue of being your people, not related to any principles you hold or what your country stands for, what ideals you’re striving for.”

Yes, Justin. Voters like the idea that the people who govern them are loyal to them. Nationalism is unpopular with elites because it involves such loyalty, and loyalty to one’s own people limits one’s options in ways that our governing class finds unacceptable. I don’t think supporting the governing class here is either principled or libertarian. 

It's interesting when "principled conservatives" precipitously flip. Usually there's a clear demarcation and an underlying reason. In Joe Scarborough's case we know what it is; in John Roberts' we don't (yet).

Edit: I guess we can remove the "bi-" from the "bi-partisan" adjective again. I'm sure that will trigger some in the QWERTY community.

Edited by Ralonzo

12 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

It's interesting when "principled conservatives" precipitously flip. Usually there's a clear demarcation and an underlying reason. In Joe Scarborough's case we know what it is; in John Roberts' we don't (yet).

Edit: I guess we can remove the "bi-" from the "bi-partisan" adjective again. I'm sure that will trigger some in the QWERTY community.

Yup. W Amash we know what it’s about too: his deals and his family’s w China. He’s passing it off as principles when it’s all about his own pocketbook and corruption.