Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
prissythecat

Robert Kraft Video Evidence Thrown Out by Judge

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Is this really so suprising?

 

The haves "nothing to see here"

The have nots "throw the kitchen sink at them we have a quota to keep"

 

 

The have nots will benefit form the same ruling.  

 

Money didn't get the evidence suppressed.  The cops and the DA made it so all their work would get tossed.  It really didn't require complex legal arguments or a blizzard of motions and paperwork.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

No thanks - do not want to be paid to see that.

Gravity sucks for old people (a friend once told me).

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Cause for celebration.  It is a great day for slave traders worldwide.  Thank God for technicalities, mistakes and limited resources.  Billionaires should have their needs fulfilled on a whim and maintain plausible deniability.

 

 

Cheer up Chief.  It didn't have to end this way for you.  You could have just read what everyone in the world was saying about the "shady" evidence gathering that doomed this case.

 

Limited resources??  Palm Beach County spent tons of resources on a months-long investigation that they new early on was just a rub and tug joint sting.  Palm Beach has money to burn if this was such a priority for them.

 

Still stuck on the "slaves" fantasy, eh?  Daenerys freed them at Slaver's Bay like 5 seasons ago , bro.  Splurge for On Demand....

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

LOL.....money talkes bull### walks......that was the plan from the getgo...thats why he decided to fight it.....Mastergate??  sorry mods...

Edited by JPP
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

 

Cheer up Chief.  It didn't have to end this way for you.  You could have just read what everyone in the world was saying about the "shady" evidence gathering that doomed this case.

 

Limited resources??  Palm Beach County spent tons of resources on a months-long investigation that they new early on was just a rub and tug joint sting.  Palm Beach has money to burn if this was such a priority for them.

 

Still stuck on the "slaves" fantasy, eh?  Daenerys freed them at Slaver's Bay like 5 seasons ago , bro.  Splurge for On Demand....

What were they looking for in minimization language?

 

Also the surveillance was only for apparently 5 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

What did he do?  Obviously, they had nothing that would hold up in court.  They bluffed the others into paying a small fine.  

Pretty sure he engaged in illegal prostitution.  Also pretty sure it was recorded by camera surveillance.  Almost positive no one replying is an attorney.  Absolutely positive Kraft had sufficient funds to mount a great (il)legal defense.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

What were they looking for in minimization language?

 

Also the surveillance was only for apparently 5 days.

 

 

They didn't insert any language as to how they would avoid videotaping innocent patrons.  The filmed everyone who walked in

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. WEO said:

 

 

They didn't insert any language as to how they would avoid videotaping innocent patrons.  The filmed everyone who walked in

How exactly were they supposed to distinguish between the two?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Pretty sure he engaged in illegal prostitution.  Also pretty sure it was recorded by camera surveillance.  Almost positive no one replying is an attorney.  Absolutely positive Kraft had sufficient funds to mount a great (il)legal defense.

Seems its obvious that with a message there is a blurred line.  Where is it?  Two adults consent prove otherwise.  Not an Attorney or judge or prosecutor?  You must be all three.  The state still has the burden of proving that Kraft solicited sex.  Not knowing the conversation or cooperation of either party, seems it's a long shot to prove.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

How exactly were they supposed to distinguish between the two?

 

 

Well....that's easy.  The warrant was obtained under the pretense that there were "slaves" being held agains their will to perform sex acts inside the premises.  Instead of limiting the filming for evidence that people were being held against their will (they had to already know it was a well-known rub and tug joint), they just taped everyone and everything.  They soon realized there were no sex slaves.  So they just filmed everyone so they could catch 24 johns.

 

That's an obvious no no that someone on the DA's staff should have known was a problem many weeks ago.....instead they doubled down on the idiocy by announcing anyway a huge human slavery ring!, which of course, they knew didn't exist.

 

So dumb.  What other jurisdiction could so totally botch a simple solicitation bust?

 

Oh Florida......

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Estro said:

Good for him.  The whole bugging of the massage room is a blatant breach of privacy, IMO.  Then to drag his name through the whole trafficking mud when his circumstance had nothing to do with trafficking was an attempt to make the story a lot bigger than it was.  

Kraft was probably one of the few men who was indicted who had the money and legal advice to expose this case for what it was.......a whole lot of nothing.  

 

Thank goodness some of the “massage” places in Niagara Falls, Canada weren’t bugged in the 1980’s.  We’ll leave it at that!

  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For all we know, she may have been lending him a hand with a science experiment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

 

Well....that's easy.  The warrant was obtained under the pretense that there were "slaves" being held agains their will to perform sex acts inside the premises.  Instead of limiting the filming for evidence that people were being held against their will (they had to already know it was a well-known rub and tug joint), they just taped everyone and everything.  They soon realized there were no sex slaves.  So they just filmed everyone so they could catch 24 johns.

 

That's an obvious no no that someone on the DA's star should have known was a problem many weeks ago.....

The warrant was for prostitution its linked in the article along with the Judge's decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

 

Well....that's easy.  The warrant was obtained under the pretense that there were "slaves" being held agains their will to perform sex acts inside the premises.  Instead of limiting the filming for evidence that people were being held against their will (they had to already know it was a well-known rub and tug joint), they just taped everyone and everything.  They soon realized there were no sex slaves.  So they just filmed everyone so they could catch 24 johns.

 

That's an obvious no no that someone on the DA's staff should have known was a problem many weeks ago.....instead they doubled down on the idiocy by announcing anyway a huge human slavery ring!, which of course, they knew didn't exist.

 

So dumb.  What other jurisdiction could so totally botch a simple solicitation bust?

 

Oh Florida......

No slaves?  Cuz Turnip truck?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Warcodered said:

The warrant was for prostitution its linked in the article along with the Judge's decision.

 

 

It was obtained on the premise that people were being held against their will after a health inspector tipped the cops of stuff she saw inside.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. WEO said:

 

 

It was obtained on the premise that people were being held against their will after a health inspector tipped the cops of stuff she saw inside.

 

 

Is it somewhere in the warrant because I'm not seeing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

In other news, a local massage therapist has apparently won the state lottery....

 

Did she work in Niagara Falls, Canada in the late 1980’s?  I might know her.  Might.

Edited by BillyWhiteShows
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I say, "Good for him."

 

You were on tha same tape, weren’t you???    

 

 

It’s OK, we won’t judge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Cause for celebration.  It is a great day for slave traders worldwide.  Thank God for technicalities, mistakes and limited resources.  Billionaires should have their needs fulfilled on a whim and maintain plausible deniability.

 

Look at it this way 4mer: now we know that owners can get away with breaking the law just like players can.  Even in the face of incontrovertible evidence (and not, say, needing to invent fantastic theories as to why a crime that didn't occur somehow still happened).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Is it somewhere in the warrant because I'm not seeing it.

 

 

This is where the evidence gathering failed:  the order was "not sufficiently precise so as to minimize recordings not related to the crimes under investigation".

 

The court's ruling goes into greater detail as to how they failed at minimization.

 

      
8 minutes ago, Doc said:

 

Look at it this way 4mer: now we know that owners can get away with breaking the law just like players can.  Even in the face of incontrovertible evidence (and not, say, needing to invent fantastic theories as to why a crime that didn't occur somehow still happened).

 

 

There you go doc!!  You always come around.

 

 

And "fantastic theories"?  Nah, just the same theories that everyone who commented on this case were telling you countless dozens of times....for weeks.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikemac2001 said:

I don’t want to see the video idc anymore Everyone knows he did it and that’s the real damage 

 

But he’s gonna get out of all these charges

 

 

Yup and a lot of us dont care and I for one am glad it was thrown out.

50 minutes ago, JPP said:

LOL.....money talkes bull### walks......that was the plan from the getgo...thats why he decided to fight it.....Mastergate??  sorry mods...

They will give you a point.  They gave me a point for something a lot of people said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Augie said:

 

You were on tha same tape, weren’t you???    

 

 

It’s OK, we won’t judge. 

 

You ... ah so.

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Doc said:

 

Look at it this way 4mer: now we know that owners can get away with breaking the law just like players can.  Even in the face of incontrovertible evidence (and not, say, needing to invent fantastic theories as to why a crime that didn't occur somehow still happened).

This isn't really about Kraft.  He just made it famous.  I find it sad that people say "there was no slavery" because slavery can't be proven in a court of law.  Completely tossing logic aside in some weird absolution of a favorite footballs team's owner is pretty sad in its own right.  

 

I hope that that some day those women are free but sadly it probably won't happen.  This plight is not uncommon even in 2019 but it gets mocked in the interest  of rooting for the Patriots.  It is sad.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...