Bills dont draft a WR

1 hour ago, McBean said:

I think Hakeem Butler and AJ Brown are going to be good. We’ll see. Draft is a crap shoot.

Butler may be good...in a couple of years. AJ Brown will be good ...immediately.

You cant always get everything you want, even if you need it, so I'm not second guessing the Bills braintrust, not at all. But for my money AJ Brown was the one and only guy in this draft who might have transformed the Bill's WR corps, making everybody better, maybe a lot better. His value to the Bills was exponential because of the kind of player he is. Duke Williams better be good because IMO this group could really use a sure handed, versatile physically imposing WR who you could mistake for an RB after he catches the ball. Small or finesse UDFA receivers are not in the mould that's likely to help you in that way, even on the off chance that one of them is actually exceptional enuf to eventually make the roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/27/2019 at 6:22 PM, downunderbill said:

I can't believe how they've mismanaged the wide receiver position!!?!!

Yes totally neglecting the offense in FA and the draft.?

1 hour ago, dakrider said:

Hakeem Butler, Terry McLaurin, Miles Boykin and Gary Jennings all sitting there in round 3 and Bills take a undersized running back with very average speed.  ?

I liked the Knox pick but the other pick s/h/b a WR! 

...great burst and great short area quickness.  Basically a TD machine.

I was disappointed they did not take a WR.  Although It was a bit eye opening to see DK and Butler fall like they did.  Made me wonder   If there was big drop off after Brown x 2 and  Harry. 

With that said, I think we are pinning our hopes on Jones and Foster improving.   As the old saying goes, hope is the raw material of losers.

I would have been happier if they took Butler in the 3rd just to add a little more in the talent pool.  However, I will be rooting for Singletary to succeed!

The 2020 WR class looks absolutely loaded.

CeeDee Lamb looks like a stud.

Henry Ruggs is 2020's version of Tyreek Hill without the off-field crappola, and his teammate Jerry Jeudy is a machine.

Tylan Wallace is a true deep threat.

Then you've got some other intriguing guys like Tee Higgins, Laviska Shenault, Jaelen Reagor, and KJ Hill.

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Their WRs are an average group that really needs Foster to continues to emerge.... if he doesn't they'll look even worse.

They didn't do enough at the position for Allen, IMO. 

Just an opinion. Don't get mad.???

This makes NO sense

"Look even worse" what?  Worse then what.......Kelvin Benjamin?  Is that even possible.

The two veteran wideouts that we brought in start on most NFL teams......even our special teams WR has had some offensive success.   The WR is VERY MUCH improved from last year because the quality of the WR's overall is better.

This does not count Foster who if he carries his game over from the 2nd half of last season is a very good player.......and it totally discounts if other guys like our Canadian WR or Sills do nothing.

43 minutes ago, The Senator said:

So your not happy about David Sills V?  You don’t think Robert Foster turned out well?

No.  I like Sills a lot.   What I posted that for was to show that UDFA WRs are all over the league--taking 17% of the snaps since 2006.    

Foster showed it can be done and I think Sills has a chance as well...

• Like (+1) 1

I mean the front office is banking on their current WR's to take the next step and for Allen to really improve his game next season

if both of those things don't happen they could lose their jobs in the next 2 years 

13 minutes ago, XABI64 said:

I mean the front office is banking on their current WR's to take the next step and for Allen to really improve his game next season

if both of those things don't happen they could lose their jobs in the next 2 years 

I think they're banking more on the idea that their hand-picked QB can raise the level of play of a rather mediocre group of WRs, each of whom have a single thing that they do pretty well.

And that's not necessarily wrong per se, but I'm a much bigger fan of the Rams/Chiefs approach that says "stack the roster with ridiculously talented pass catchers and give my QB the best chance I can" 

• Like (+1) 5

38 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I think they're banking more on the idea that their hand-picked QB can raise the level of play of a rather mediocre group of WRs, each of whom have a single thing that they do pretty well.

And that's not necessarily wrong per se, but I'm a much bigger fan of the Rams/Chiefs approach that says "stack the roster with ridiculously talented pass catchers and give my QB the best chance I can" 

As am I, but that seems to be an unpopular position around these parts.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

As am I, but that seems to be an unpopular position around these parts.

It took the rams a while to do that.....their process of that started WELL before they drafted their QB

and

Its not like they did not address the offense in this draft......and word is next year's draft is heavy on the skilled position players...this years draft was supposed to be heavy on DL

Just now, John from Riverside said:

It took the rams a while to do that.....their process of that started WELL before they drafted their QB

and

Its not like they did not address the offense in this draft......and word is next year's draft is heavy on the skilled position players...this years draft was supposed to be heavy on DL

Seems I hear that story every year. Only next year never comes.

lol