Bills dont draft a WR

2 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Lets see how many of the wide receivers are good in the NFL. Easy to dismiss them all right now for Bills fans, but before the draft it was considered one of the deepest WR classes ever. 

My problem with RB in the third is first of all he’s second/third string this upcoming season with McCoy and Gore. You can say they’re looking to the future, ok fine but what about taking a RB next year when those guys are gone?

Dip your toe in the deepest we class in years and if you hit on a #1 WR it’s much more valuable than if you hit on a RB. The WR can be bust but so can the RB. Y’all act like there’s no chance of that happening. 

-One of the deepest WR draft ever?  Interesting. Maybe grab one of those guys with a 4th rd grade as an UDFA because the class is so deep?

- Singletary was their BPA.  They loved him.  He does thing that no other RB in the draft can do.  Why not have him come in this year, learn from 2 HoF RBs and improve while taking the reins next year?  Because we need instant IMPACT NOW!  Shortsighted

- we got one of those WRs you talk about and we didn’t even spend a draft pick on him, all while landing the BPA and potential star rb

But I get it, stick to your guns.

7 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Who would they have drafted in round 2-7 that would of beaten out Brown or Foster?  I don’t think any of them would have.  I’m glad they didn’t take one just for the sake of taking one.  They invested in Brown and Beasley and probably are very excited for what Foster showed them in the second half of last season.  Allen seemed to have a good rapport with Foster.  

what are the odds none  of those receivers end up being pro bowlers?

I say at least one makes it next year and others show that potential. 

Colts already have TY and Funches but they drafted Campbell. There are countless examples of this throughout the draft. We have been ignoring WR for years. 

2 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Lets see how many of the wide receivers are good in the NFL. Easy to dismiss them all right now for Bills fans, but before the draft it was considered one of the deepest WR classes ever. 

My problem with RB in the third is first of all he’s second/third string this upcoming season with McCoy and Gore. You can say they’re looking to the future, ok fine but what about taking a RB next year when those guys are gone?

Dip your toe in the deepest we class in years and if you hit on a #1 WR it’s much more valuable than if you hit on a RB. The WR can be bust but so can the RB. Y’all act like there’s no chance of that happening. 

Actually it wasnt considered to be a deep class of WR's. The most hyped WR didnt have the production to match and every team passed on him multiple times. There were a few guys that were considered first round picks....only two went at the end of the first round so they were not considered impact players. The rest of them were graded out in the 2nd to 5th rounds. This draft had quantity but lower on quality. That doesnt mean some of those WRs wont turn out to be good starters it just means that there wasnt a lot of first round talent dropping to the second and third rounds. The talk is about the 2020 draft for WR and RBs. 

I thought the Bill would pick Bryce Love with one of their 4ths to get him into the system and ready to play in 2020. I dont have anything against Singletary and the Bills getting him into the system to learn and get some snaps. Likely Gore and McCoy wont be here after 2019. Wouldnt surprise me if the Bills pick another RB in next years draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chemical said:

what are the odds none  of those receivers end up being pro bowlers?

I say at least one makes it next year and others show that potential. 

Colts already have TY and Funches but they drafted Campbell. There are countless examples of this throughout the draft. We have been ignoring WR for years. 

Obviously other areas were more important for them at this moment.  I’ll respect their judgment.  

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

-One of the deepest WR draft ever?  Interesting. Maybe grab one of those guys with a 4th rd grade as an UDFA because the class is so deep?

- Singletary was their BPA.  They loved him.  He does thing that no other RB in the draft can do.  Why not have him come in this year, learn from 2 HoF RBs and improve while taking the reins next year?  Because we need instant IMPACT NOW!  Shortsighted

- we got one of those WRs you talk about and we didn’t even spend a draft pick on him, all while landing the BPA and potential star rb

But I get it, stick to your guns.

I never said their philosophy is is insane, but it will lead to an underwhelming WR group once again. They seem fine with that. So do a lot of Bills fans. I would go another way with it that’s all. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Who would they have drafted in round 2-7 that would of beaten out Brown or Foster?  I don’t think any of them would have.  I’m glad they didn’t take one just for the sake of taking one.  They invested in Brown and Beasley and probably are very excited for what Foster showed them in the second half of last season.  Allen seemed to have a good rapport with Foster.  

I believe Deebo and Aj Brown would’ve challenged them to start.  Deebo was drafted.  Brown, while a good wr, wasn’t BPA.  BPA was Cody Ford who also plays a postion/s of need.  He was a no brainer.  Rd 3 is where the crying begins and the prospects available rd 3 were meh. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Actually it wasnt considered to be a deep class of WR's. The most hyped WR didnt have the production to match and every team passed on him multiple times. There were a few guys that were considered first round picks....only two went at the end of the first round so they were not considered impact players. The rest of them were graded out in the 2nd to 5th rounds. This draft had quantity but lower on quality. That doesnt mean some of those WRs wont turn out to be good starters it just means that there wasnt a lot of first round talent dropping to the second and third rounds. The talk is about the 2020 draft for WR and RBs. 

I thought the Bill would pick Bryce Love with one of their 4ths to get him into the system and ready to play in 2020. I dont have anything against Singletary and the Bills getting him into the system to learn and get some snaps. Likely Gore and McCoy wont be here after 2019. Wouldnt surprise me if the Bills pick another RB in next years draft. 

Why does a running back need a year to learn? We see rookie RBs tear it up every year. If anything a wr would need a year in the system to learn so they can be good by year 2-3 

Not too bent about this, WR class is projected to be better next draft anyways. Don’t sleep on John Brown - he was pretty damn good last year with BAL until they switched to Lamar, who sucks as a passer (currently.)

WR was last of my top 5 needs. I would have taken an edge rusher or WR in the third instead of a running back. But I'm ok with the group they have now. It's significantly better than a year ago.

TE is still a black hole for this team. I don't think anyone they have signed/drafted is as good a blocker as Clay was. The kid from Mississippi is intriguing. I think Ford was the right pick in the second round so I'm not going to complain about it. And trading back into the first for Fant was going to cost too much.

11 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Why does a running back need a year to learn? We see rookie RBs tear it up every year. If anything a wr would need a year in the system to learn so they can be good by year 2-3 

WR and DT are the hardest positions to transition to NFL. OT is now really difficult to evaluate/project with all the spread offenses. I have some hope for Phillips and maybe Zay. 

22 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Depends on the talent and the fit to the system. Barkley could have prob played in any system. I think Lindsay had talent that flourished in the right system. He was wasnt drafted but signed for depth but beat out Booker. 

Edited by BillsfanAZ

52 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Okay, we now have John Brown and acquired Beasley in free agency. I wanted DK, but it's not an automatic fail situation.

It's not, but I was hoping we'd do more for Allen's sake.  Brown is a deep threat.  He's a 60 reception type of guy.  Maybe Zay will become the dependable possession option.

A lot of their success will depend on Daboll's scheme.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chemical said:

There were still people saying Benjamin was a borderline 1/2 WR and Zay could improve. A lot of ifs just like now. 

They signed two 30 year old WR and have one 1000 season between them. Other teams with much better wr corps drafted multiple receivers to go with their young qb. Cards drafted one last year and butler and Isabella this year.

I say we will be making the WR excuse for Allen again after this season. You disagree I’m guessing. Your camp was wrong last year. We will see about this year. 

I fully expected the team to be bad last year, including the WR's. So my "camp" was right.

15 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Just noticed singletary’s 3 cone drill. Interesting DK gets hammered for his time which he improved at the pro day yet singletary gets a pass at a position where that drill might be more important. 

Not saying it matters or doesn’t, but the rhetoric is telling of a bias

I think that's because one is an anomaly and the other confirms the worst suspicions.

Singletary has loads of tape and play after play after play, that show he has quick feet and is capable of making crisp cuts and juking people out of their jock. So if he has a slow cone time people go "Well thats a little weird but it isnt going to change my mind against 3 years and 4500 yards of tape".

Where as Metcalf has always been a one-trick horse (too big to call pony). He can only run a post or fade, and cant make a double-move. Folks were hoping that his agility drills would show he could and was simply not asked to. But instead, they confirmed that he literally can't change direction.

What "bias" would there be?

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

He’d prefer the Bills passing game sucks so he can come here and bump this thread.  Lots of them here.

I know, a minority, a nuisance, but damn, how can that be your goal? 

please suck so that i can come back here and say i was right!

13 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I think that's because one is an anomaly and the other confirms the worst suspicions.

Singletary has loads of tape and play after play after play, that show he has quick feet and is capable of making crisp cuts and juking people out of their jock. So if he has a slow cone time people go "Well thats a little weird but it isnt going to change my mind against 3 years and 4500 yards of tape".

Where as Metcalf has always been a one-trick horse (too big to call pony). He can only run a post or fade, and cant make a double-move. Folks were hoping that his agility drills would show he could and was simply not asked to. But instead, they confirmed that he literally can't change direction.

What "bias" would there be?

The bias being “people that don’t this Dk is nearly as good as Chemical”

People that can see that DK is a one trick pony based on his tape being the same people that see how elusive Singletary is based on  years of tape

Just now, Cripple Creek said:

I know, a minority, a nuisance, but damn, how can that be your goal? 

please suck so that i can come back here and say i was right!

Sad but so true,