Will the Bills go to camp with 9 RBs?

4 hours ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

A good possibility, but the big question maybe how well he can and recognizes pass protection 

Replacing McCoy in pass pro wouldn't be difficult. McCoy's really not very good at it.

4 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

okay, I'll go with the question as crazy as it is to think 9 will go in to camp, no, they will not. my misunderstanding, if they have 4 going in, one will be cut by the deadline.

3 going in to the final 53

honestly, why even the question this early when common sense should tell one there is no way in hell they keep all these rb/fb...common sense

1 minute ago, The Bills Blog said:

That wasn't the question...

you're late to the party.

3 hours ago, YodaMan79 said:

With the influx of young talent on offense, why would/should this team keep McCoy?  He's done after this year.  I know you could say the same about Gore, but for some reason they obviously feel he's a good option to help develop the younger guys.  A guy like Gore has earned the right to say when he's done.  He didn't sign here thinking he could be a camp casualty.  Plus he's really inexpensive.  At this stage McCoy isn't going to bring anything special to the table.  Obviously he's expensive, too, but throw that out.  Good to great teams seem to grow together at the core positions.  Faulk was much better than McCoy has ever been and the Colts were willing cut the cord. 

If they can take his job in camp than let them. We didn't spend a tremendous amount fo draft capital or money to get the guy.  Best players make the roster and will play.

1 hour ago, Spiderweb said:

Replacing McCoy in pass pro wouldn't be difficult. McCoy's really not very good at it.

Really? I think he's actually pretty good at it. Probably much better than Gore and yeldon. Never seen singletary block but something tells me isn't great.

I think dimarcos the cut. 15 percent of snaps a year ago and I don't remember any impact plays with him on the field.

On 4/27/2019 at 10:12 AM, Jay_Fixit said:

I think McCoy and Singletary are the only locks to make the team.

I know some of you think Gore is, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a training camp casualty. He’s 36. 

I agree with you but might want to add yeldon the kid from jax

On 4/27/2019 at 7:57 AM, Tsaikotic said:

well first, Wade doesn't count towards the 53 so its actually 8 guys that would count...DiMarco could be gone and we end the FB position in Buffalo... Murphy, Ford and Perry...do any of these guys have PS eligibility?

I believe he doesn't count toward the 90 man training camp limit, but I don't think the exemption extends to the 53 man roster.  He may not count toward the PS limit.

7 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

that was yesterday morning....

Sorry, not sure what you’re referencing unless you’re referencing the Buffalo Bills twitter prank maybe?  

Not asking to be rude, just was curious if there some rumbling somewhere that prompted that or just something you thought on your own as a possibility 

Edited by Alphadawg7

On 4/27/2019 at 6:46 AM, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I don’t think so. 

Singletary  will be there and most likely Gore and Yeldon. Everyone else I think is 50/50 for one reason or the other. 

I agree with, and support this. Trade McCoy for whatever you can get. Singletary and Yeldon are the two RB’s I absolutely want on the roster. Don’t care much about the others but am intrigued by the season Gore had last year on an average at best Dolphins team. Love Yeldon for 3rd down receiving and Singletary due to recency bias. 

McCoy - Starter although with less snaps than he has been used to.

Gore - Specialty Role Player (short yardage/lead blocker (DiMarco's role)/passing down blocker/etc)

Singletary - Backup for McCoy this year.  The amount of snaps he gets will depend on Shady's play and availability.

DiMarco - CUT

Yeldon - 3rd and 4 or better RB.  General Depth (Needs to show his worth to stay after this year).

Murphy - CUT

Ford - CUT to PS

Perry - NOT A RB - His fate is decided on ST play.  He will have to be outstanding in that to make the team.

Wade - Goodell PR player.

This is how I foresee the RBs going forward this year.

More RB by committee than we have been use to.

I can see some games were all 4 will get snaps.

FWIW the past two years Bills have brought another FB to camp.  I haven't seen one signed yet.

Just another glimpse of DiMarco's future.

On 4/27/2019 at 12:32 PM, dneveu said:

If they can take his job in camp than let them. We didn't spend a tremendous amount fo draft capital or money to get the guy.  Best players make the roster and will play.

Really? I think he's actually pretty good at it. Probably much better than Gore and yeldon. Never seen singletary block but something tells me isn't great.

I think dimarcos the cut. 15 percent of snaps a year ago and I don't remember any impact plays with him on the field.

I have no idea whether you're saying you don't like the pick or that you believe it would be normal for a 3rd round RB to not see pretty extensive PT.

I think we'll see quite a bit of Singletary, but if we don't, something went wrong.

On 4/27/2019 at 12:59 AM, Georgie said:

Age is a concern.  A couple of these guys will have PS eligibility,if you dare expose them. Might be the end for FB in Dabolls offense? Trade McCoy? A lot can happen 

Yeah, older guys might not be getting many reps in camp.  Didn’t McCoy sit for all the preseason games last year?  Also, allows for injuries.  There will be a lot of good competition for roster spots at all offensive positions except QB.

4 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I have no idea whether you're saying you don't like the pick or that you believe it would be normal for a 3rd round RB to not see pretty extensive PT.

I think we'll see quite a bit of Singletary, but if we don't, something went wrong.

I guess I'm saying he'll have a role. But it's likely going to be taking dimarco off the roster