Look Out for Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State in Rd 2

PUNT750

I’m really coming around on him. Chris Simms has him very highly rated and had some interesting things to say about his actual ability to run a complex route tree vs. what he was asked to do at OSU. 

I can’t imagine that any D coordinator in the NFL would be thrilled to face him, Foster and Brown on the field at the same time. 

46 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Tenacious player.   He was underused until his senior year but I think he offers a lot, speed, blocking, special teams.   See him more as a 3rd round guy.

I’m not sure “underused” is the correct term. He was limited by the QB, as many college WRs are. But they tried to use him on deep throws downfield and that’s not (or wasn’t) his strength. They wisely used him differently this year and used the other guys more downfield, and the QB play was also on a different level. He also got a new WR coach this year which was a huge improvement. He was actually at osu 5 years - enrolled at age 16, redshirted, played 4 years, graduated, team captain. Also ran track. He has decent size. 6’1 210

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Can he be our Tyreek Hill? Just faster than everyone?

Honestly, yes he can be just faster than everyone. There is a play that just jumps out at me every time I think about Campbell and it was this TD vs. Indiana. Watch the way that he outruns the angles!! That’s a different kind of fast (sorry for the music). 

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Honestly, yes he can be just faster than everyone. There is a play that just jumps out at me every time I think about Campbell and it was this TD vs. Indiana. Watch the way that he outruns the angles!! That’s a different kind of fast (sorry for the music). 

It’s tough to get a good angle on him

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Honestly, yes he can be just faster than everyone. There is a play that just jumps out at me every time I think about Campbell and it was this TD vs. Indiana. 

Indiana!   

The Penn State cheerleading squad probably has more talent / speed than the Hoosiers football team...

34 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yesterday we had Bill from NYC lauding a former 'Bama running back and today it is Kirby with a man crush on a receiver from The Ohio State University. Knock me down with a feather.

:D

I’ve tried to contain myself but I can’t stop thinking about that play. Honestly, I love the potential of Campbell but agree with Yolo that he is more of a weapon than a WR. I think that the Bills need a guy that COULD be a number 1. I don’t think that’s Campbell.

If they were to draft him though, and use him correctly, he will make some HUGE plays.

27 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Indiana!   

The Penn State cheerleading squad probably has more talent / speed than the Hoosiers football team...

I didn’t post the one against Michigan who is loaded with defensive talent. I promise that Campbell is explosive. But if you want to watch him run away from Michigan...

Edited by Kirby Jackson

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree too. I just don't think Campbell is that good.... he is just fast.

I have him right at the bottom of the 3rd round. If he was there in the 4th, sure - pick him. He just isn't complete enough to be a 2nd round pick for my tastes.

Is there any difference between Campbell and Ross from last year?

4 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

yea john ross tore his acl 3 times i think and his injuries continued into this year. campbell has no injury history like that. he put up some real nice production in the ohio st offense. 90 catches is very nice. 

Just now, BillsMafia13 said:

Thats the guy lol.  What a forgettable career hes had so far

I don’t see a lot of similarities with these two except speed. Ross is about 2 in and 20 lb smaller. I still think he has potential though, new offense so we will see. I think cincy should play him in the slot. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Ross was 2017, not last year. I was lower on Ross than the consensus as well - had him as a borderline 1st /2nd - but I do think he was a better prospect. More polished route runner and better hands - but I did make the argument with him that I never saw true #1 upside.

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

He's one of my favorite receivers coming up this year but I don't know if he'll be on the board by pick 40.

Someone termed him more of an "offensive weapon" vs WR. Looking at his film, I would like this kid.

39 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Someone termed him more of an "offensive weapon" vs WR. Looking at his film, I would like this kid.

This staff loves versatility so a guy like him could be a good fit for what Daboll wants to do. I'd like to see him here but like I said, I dunno if he'll be there when they pick in the second round.

• Like (+1) 1