Jethro Tull

TSNBDSC

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Crap band.  That's not rock and roll.  ***** flute??  What the matter with you??

BTW what ever happened to Wawrow?

They were one of the few groups putting out something "heavy" in 1968....

18 hours ago, stuvian said:

from the days when musicians played instruments

I go to a lot more live shows that I did 40 years ago during the days when musicians "played instruments".  I listen to almost only live music these days and I'm here to tell you that there are still lots and lots of great musicians making and playing great music.  And it actually sounds good live because they are not hammered out of their minds like many were 40 plus years ago.  And yes I know you're being facetious.....at least I think you are. 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

I remember when I saw him at the opener the year before last.  I introduced myself "hey John.  You don't like me!"

That reminds me of the first time I met Promo the Robot.  He said, "I'm Promo the Robot."  I said, "I'm Gugny."  He said ... "oh .... you're him, huh?"

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

That reminds me of the first time I met Promo the Robot.  He said, "I'm Promo the Robot."  I said, "I'm Gugny."  He said ... "oh .... you're him, huh?"

So I don't get punched I introduce myself as "Hi I'm Gugny!"

Just now, Gugny said:

No!!  That WILL get you punched.  Try "Beerball" or "Simon."

For me it's usually after meeting me and talking to me for a bit it's "you're really not an ####### are you!"  No, I just play one on a message board. 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

For me it's usually after meeting me and talking to me for a bit it's "you're really not an ####### are you!"  No, I just play one on a message board. 

That's where PTR and I ended up by the end of the tailgate.  Even met up in NJ later in the year for the Bills/Jets game.  That's a story for a different thread.  @CountryCletus nearly killed me that night.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

That's where PTR and I ended up by the end of the tailgate.  Even met up in NJ later in the year for the Bills/Jets game.  That's a story for a different thread.  @CountryCletus nearly killed me that night.

Well even the #######s are friends after a tailgate.  134 beers will do that.  @CountryCletus nearly kills us all every years.  

Me:  This ***** is good! What is it?

CC: Braised beaver balls! 

Me:  Oh...the transvestite special 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Well even the #######s are friends after a tailgate.  134 beers will do that.  @CountryCletus nearly kills us all every years.  

Me:  This ***** is good! What is it?

CC: Braised beaver balls! 

Me:  Oh...the transvestite special 

We went to that game just short of a week after I had a vasectomy.  After the game, he decides we should walk back to the hotel.  It turned into a full day of Marine Corps boot camp condensed into a 2-3 hour period of pure hell.  I successfully hitched us a ride and he ended ***** that up, too.

My daughter played a few different musical instruments in high school, one of which was the flute.  My wife and I took her to a Jethro Tull concert to show her that flute is cool.   My wife and I had a great time, my daughter not so much.  Must have been around the year 2002 or so. 

1 hour ago, Gray Beard said:

My daughter played a few different musical instruments in high school, one of which was the flute.  My wife and I took her to a Jethro Tull concert to show her that flute is cool.   My wife and I had a great time, my daughter not so much.  Must have been around the year 2002 or so. 

do you recall the set list somewhat?

36 minutes ago, row_33 said:

that's a keeper

Yes!  The internet is amazing.  My first concert was Kiss at the Niagara Falls Convention Center  4/14/1976.  I had just turned 15 the day before.  I've not been able to find the exact set list but Wiki does show the songs played and the "typical list" which they likely played every night.  That's why I love jam bands.  Every show is completely different.  Widespread Panic supposedly has one of their crew members take a laminated sheet of all their songs.  He highlights all the songs they've played the last three shows and those are out.  The band then picks set one from the songs left.  And then I heard (not sure how true this is) they write the second set during the intermission based on the vibe they get from the audience.  If true that is ***** awesome!   

The Kiss Alive! Tour: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alive!_Tour

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes!  The internet is amazing.  My first concert was Kiss at the Niagara Falls Convention Center  4/14/1976.  I had just turned 15 the day before.  I've not been able to find the exact set list but Wiki does show the songs played and the "typical list" which they likely played every night.  That's why I love jam bands.  Every show is completely different.  Widespread Panic supposedly has one of their crew members take a laminated sheet of all their songs.  He highlights all the songs they've played the last three shows and those are out.  The band then picks set one from the songs left.  And then I heard (not sure how true this is) they write the second set during the intermission based on the vibe they get from the audience.  If true that is ***** awesome!   

The Kiss Alive! Tour: 

I am so jealous of this.  I love early Kiss.  Looks like you were about a year late to have seen Rush open for them.  Talk about a killer show.

15 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The Kiss Alive! Tour: 

we were 12 and someone's dad agreed to drive 90 minutes back and forth and to sit in the car a few blocks from Maple Leafs Gardens while we went to see KISS

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I am so jealous of this.  I love early Kiss.  Looks like you were about a year late to have seen Rush open for them.  Talk about a killer show.

It was ***** awesome!.  I grew up around Batavia so it was a decent drive to Niagara Falls.  So we made sure we weren't late and left at.......10:30am!  We sat in the parking lot all day listening to music and smoking cigarettes and other things. We got to listen to the sound check through the doors.  "Rock and Roll and Party Every Day"! We ran in as the doors opened.  Ten feet from the stage for Brownsville Station!!!  Then intermission!  Holy hell it got crowded.  Real crowded.  Scary crowded.  We split from there and wen to the bleachers.  They were pulling people from the crowd during the show.  It was 43 years ago but I remember it as if it was yesterday. 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

It was ***** awesome!.  I grew up around Batavia so it was a decent drive to Niagara Falls.  So we made sure we weren't late and left at.......10:30am!  We sat in the parking lot all day listening to music and smoking cigarettes and other things. We got to listen to the sound check through the doors.  "Rock and Roll and Party Every Day"! We ran in as the doors opened.  Ten feet from the stage for Brownsville Station!!!  Then intermission!  Holy hell it got crowded.  Real crowded.  Scary crowded.  We split from there and wen to the bleachers.  They were pulling people from the crowd during the show.  It was 43 years ago but I remember it as if it was yesterday. 

Like most people, I'm significantly younger than you.

When "Dynasty" came out in 1979, I was 8-years-old.  It's the last KISS album I ever liked.  When they lost their make-up, I lost total interest.  When Peter and Ace left, I was completely done.

Then came 1998.  Finally, I got to see them - Gene, Paul, Ace and Peter - makeup and all.  It was a dream come true.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

And I, unlike most of you, will be sitting on a beach for the rest of my life soon while you all slave away.  So I've got that going for me......which is nice. 

15 minutes ago, Gugny said:

When "Dynasty" came out in 1979, I was 8-years-old.  It's the last KISS album I ever liked.  When they lost their make-up, I lost total interest.  When Peter and Ace left, I was completely done.

Then came 1998.  Finally, I got to see them - Gene, Paul, Ace and Peter - makeup and all.  It was a dream come true.

you missed the boat, KISS in 1978 when i was 12 was the titzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by row_33

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

And I, unlike most of you, will be sitting on a beach for the rest of my life soon while you all slave away.  So I've got that going for me......which is nice. 

You don't have to be hurtful.  Especially after I paid you a compliment.