Operation Boomerang AG Barr's Investigation of Acts of Treason by Federal Employees

2 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Barr's personal review of Flynn, Stone, and now McCabe decisions are because Trump did not like the way the courts and/or Justice were deciding the issue.  Trump is directing the Justice Dept to attempt to reward his cronies and to punish his perceived enemies. 

Do you have any evidence of this?

Seems a lot like you’re speculating.

2 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

I suspect the vast majority of cases are delegated to lower Justice Dept personnel and are closed without the AG's input. 

Barr's personal review of Flynn, Stone, and now McCabe decisions are because Trump did not like the way the courts and/or Justice were deciding the issue.  Trump is directing the Justice Dept to attempt to reward his cronies and to punish his perceived enemies.  That slope is slippery and treacherous. 

...so then if Barr felt he was being directed or coerced, why wouldn't he walk away?......he could CERTAINLY  do much better monetarily in the private sector, right?....

21 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Pulease!  Barr re-examining cases for Trump's guys is pretty strong indication that Barr is acting upon Trump's wishes. 

Does Trump wish to charge McCabe?    Of course, and Trump would not say to Barr,  'Ah, might as well let a guilty McCabe stay out of jail until later', would he?  Mr Vindictive?  The only reason Barr didn't overrule the McCabe decision was that he could find no way to legally justify doing that.   As much as he wants to please the boss, so far anyway, he still seems to care a smidge about appearances.

Flynn had the DOJ go after him when the FBI didn't think he committed a crime. The Deep State did everything they could to denigrate Flynn and keep his knowledge away from Trump. The Deep State's malfeasance is getting a second look. Roger Stone had been given a sentencing recommendation of 7-9 years by Mueller team prosecutors for doing less than James Wolfe did who got 2 months for lying to investigators and nothing for leaking Intelligence Committee secrets. Completely in line with treating people in a just manner.

10 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

I suspect the vast majority of cases are delegated to lower Justice Dept personnel and are closed without the AG's input. 

Barr's personal review of Flynn, Stone, and now McCabe decisions are because Trump did not like the way the courts and/or Justice were deciding the issue.  Trump is directing the Justice Dept to attempt to reward his cronies and to punish his perceived enemies.  That slope is slippery and treacherous. 

Shame on me for discussing anything with you. You pretend to be open minded but then inevitably come up with shitlikethis. 

22 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

You are a very dumb person. 

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

From your link:

The 40-page Inspector General report that prompted the criminal referral and preceeded Andrew McCabes termination from the FBI was released in April of 2018. What many don’t realize is that it also demonstrates massive potential corruption at the highest levels of the Obama DOJ. Then Attorney General Loretta Lynch and Andrew McCabe threatened the NY Field office and NYPD with arrests, should they disclose what they found on the laptop of Anthony Weiner.

Let’s rewind to November of 2016. James Comey had just announced they were reopening the investigation into the Clinton email matter because of emails found on Anthony Weiner’s laptop in a related sexting case. Weiner was later convicted of the charges. On November 4, 2016, Erik Prince did an interview on Breitbart News Daily (broadcast on Sirius XM) where he shared damning information about what was happening in the case.

At the time, it was relegated to “conspiracy theory”, because as Erik Prince indicated in the interview:

“They found State Department emails. They found a lot of other really damning criminal information, including money laundering, including the fact that Hillary went to this sex island with convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein. Bill Clinton went there more than 20 times. Hillary Clinton went there at least six times,” he said.

“The amount of garbage that they found in these emails, of criminal activity by Hillary, by her immediate circle, and even by other Democratic members of Congress was so disgusting they gave it to the FBI, and they said, ‘We’re going to go public with this if you don’t reopen the investigation and you don’t do the right thing with timely indictments,’” Prince explained.”

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/14/2020 at 6:17 PM, Bob in Mich said:

Len, the point is Stone's treatment was no way rough, compared with what I described as common arrest tactics.  The Stone arrest looked like they had more force than was necessary, true, but a very common tactic and so, not unusual.

Again, my point is, that no knock arrests happen all the time and to an even worse degree, as demonstrated by the cannabis raids.  Right, no.  Unusual or especially rough for Stone, no.  What I recall seeing was very tame

yep, violent criminals get much harsher treatment, Bob.

wake the *****up...

https://twitter.com/JFNYC1/status/1229043535283998720

Edited by Foxx

3 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

You wanted even handed investigations and I want not only even handed investigations but just outcomes. 

The government is still rife with lifers who have their own agenda. Before leaving office Obama quadrupled the amount of NSA staffers. Does that not cause reason to be concerned?

On a whim I clicked on "show this post" for one of my 2 ignores.

Glad I did. 

The utter hypocrisy in this post made me LOL so hard I spit out my coffee.

Thanks for that. :thumbsup:

Maybe you guys should divvy up the Elephant rather than all staying on different parts of the same Trunk.

Just a thought. :beer:

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Glad I did. 

Maybe you guys should divvy up the Elephant rather than all staying on different parts of the same Trunk.

Honest question: You think a bloated administrative state, comprised of unelected and unaccountable intel officers and analysts dictating policy from the shadows is a good thing? 

Are you at all familiar with the history of the CIA and the IC? And if you are, why would you ever be okay with the above?

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.theblaze.com/news/doj-opens-news-investigation-into-james-comey-andrew-mccabe-peter-strzok-former-top-official-says

Panic for nothing. ;) 

Andrew Weissmann, a former top lawyer at the Justice Department who played a central role in Robert Mueller's investigation, said Friday the Justice Department has begun a new investigation into several former top FBI officials.

Weissmann, speaking to MSNBC host Chuck Todd, said the Justice Department has swapped its "loser case" against Andrew McCabe — in which the DOJ declined to pursue charges against McCabe for lying to investigators — for a new case against former FBI Director James Comey, McCabe, and Peter Strzok.

"All they did was swapped out a loser case for starting an investigation that is going to be of Comey, McCabe, Pete Strzok," Weissmann said, the Washington Examiner reported.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Glad I did. 

So, your response makes no actual point other than reminding everyone here what a foolish little prick/clown you are. Aren't you the teacher who claims he gets his elementary school kids accepted into Harvard? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Maybe it’s not the trunk?

Okay... you should all move away from the same tail then...

or side... 

or ear...

You're all blind and stuck on different parts of the same appendage shouting out similar descriptions and believing you have the correct holistic interpretation because you're all shouting similar things to each other.

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

or side... 

or ear...

You're all blind and stuck on different parts of the same appendage shouting out similar descriptions and believing you have the correct holistic interpretation because you're all shouting similar things to each other.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Honest question: You think a bloated administrative state, comprised of unelected and unaccountable intel officers and analysts dictating policy from the shadows is a good thing? 

Are you at all familiar with the history of the CIA and the IC? And if you are, why would you ever be okay with the above?

Just now, njbuff said:

You expected heads to role or is everyone getting off like we suspect?

My personal opinion remains the same as it was when this started: history/tradition/precedent says the most likely outcome is they will skate -- but this is a different administration/world post 2016. I am still of the mind that there will be justice doled out to a slew of folks in the DOJ/FBI/IC. Going higher up the food chain, into cabinet officials and the like, gets murkier.

The people I trust most who are in the trenches on this issue haven't changed their tune, which gives me some confidence. I never expected, nor wanted, them to wait until 2020 because of the election and the "political persecution" angle the left would (and is) trying to play. But circumstances forced them to wait, countering the moves of the opposition. 

Either way it goes, there's very little chance this is done and wrapped up by November -- with or without a Trump win. There's too many fish on the hook, it's going to take more than one term to do properly. 

(We'll find out soon enough if this truly is a different world/administration, or just more of the same)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

My personal opinion remains the same as it was when this started: history/tradition/precedent says the most likely outcome is they will skate -- but this is a different administration/world post 2016. I am still of the mind that there will be justice doled out to a slew of folks in the DOJ/FBI/IC. Going higher up the food chain, into cabinet officials and the like, gets murkier.

The people I trust most who are in the trenches on this issue haven't changed their tune, which gives me some confidence. I never expected, nor wanted, them to wait until 2020 because of the election and the "political persecution" angle the left would (and is) trying to play. But circumstances forced them to wait, countering the moves of the opposition. 

Either way it goes, there's very little chance this is done and wrapped up by November -- with or without a Trump win. There's too many fish on the hook, it's going to take more than one term to do properly. 

Meanwhile, the MSM gets to continue to hide all this under the rug and get away with it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, njbuff said:

Meanwhile, the MSM gets to continue to hide all this under the rug and get away with it.

They are far too invested in the outcome as an institution. They lied for three years, knowingly, and now are scrambling to distract anyone from asking about that whole "Trump is a traitor" meme they pushed. If they report the latest developments honestly (like FISA abuse), it shines a bright light to the malfeasance they pulled on their viewers/readers. So they can't/won't do that. Instead, they're going to go down with the ship. 

The people are already tuning them out, distrust of the media is lower than Congress right now (which is saying something). 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

or side... 

or ear...

Well all I can say is thank you to a guy like you who comes around to tell us blind idiots that all we’re doing is pulling an elephant’s pud.

?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

These accusations of uneven justice are a bit rich, especially coming now.  Without arguing the charges and sentencing again, I doubt any of us here would have the AG intervening on our behalf in our cases regardless of any injustices.  Also, Durham is still investigating some of these folks, right?  If chargeable misdeeds are uncovered I hope those deserving are charged.  The investigations need to be even handed though.

Another possible reason these deep state bad guys don't get thrown in jail after investigation is that the accusations were overblown initially.  FoxNews, like the other MSM networks, operates to make money.  Just like those other networks, FoxNews chooses its programming to keep Trump supporters coming back nightly.  Perhaps, constantly beating the drum that everyone has conspired in a years long coup attempt was hyping up the facts? 

As an example, nuggets of suspicious texts from Page/Strzok were extrapolated into a massive conspiracy to overthrow the President.  After IG investigating, bias was found but not in their work, right?  The nugget was factual but the extrapolation was not.  That seems to be a bit of a pattern and so we see repeated disappointment here in bringing the supposed deep state plotters to justice. 

Well, you had me on LIsa Page’s handling of Strzok’s nuggets up until I remembered you left out the counter-intelligence op with phony dossiers, CIA Directors accusing the Prez of treason, the $40,000,000 dumpster dive into the president, the sodomization of the FISA court, and the unscrupulous actions of the director of the FBI and how it all lead to one big donut hole of nothingness. 

As you know, I’m all for us all a’setting under the tent, cooking s’mores and singing Jim Croce songs when your guy is in office.  We can extrapolate the $&#@ out things then! 

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/doj-opens-news-investigation-into-james-comey-andrew-mccabe-peter-strzok-former-top-official-says

Panic for nothing. ;) 

Andrew Weissmann, a former top lawyer at the Justice Department who played a central role in Robert Mueller's investigation, said Friday the Justice Department has begun a new investigation into several former top FBI officials.

Weissmann, speaking to MSNBC host Chuck Todd, said the Justice Department has swapped its "loser case" against Andrew McCabe — in which the DOJ declined to pursue charges against McCabe for lying to investigators — for a new case against former FBI Director James Comey, McCabe, and Peter Strzok.

"All they did was swapped out a loser case for starting an investigation that is going to be of Comey, McCabe, Pete Strzok," Weissmann said, the Washington Examiner reported.

@Bob in Mich... would this count as even-handed and the reasonable investigation you would support?  

14 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Well, you had me on LIsa Page’s handling of Strzok’s nuggets up until I remembered you left out the counter-intelligence op with phony dossiers, CIA Directors accusing the Prez of treason, the $40,000,000 dumpster dive into the president, the sodomization of the FISA court, and the unscrupulous actions of the director of the FBI and how it all lead to one big donut hole of nothingness

As you know, I’m all for us all a’setting under the tent, cooking s’mores and singing Jim Croce songs when your guy is in office.  We can extrapolate the $&#@ out things then! 

The repetition around here that Mueller discovered absolutely no wrong doing has worked well.  I will give credit for that trick.  Many posters here repeat it now, like they might actually believe that.  Hard to tell

Maybe review some of the findings and myths about those Mueller findings that persist, in spite of facts to the contrary.

https://time.com/5610317/mueller-report-myths-breakdown/

While Mueller was unable to establish a conspiracy between members of the Trump campaign and the Russians involved in this activity, he made it clear that “[a] statement that the investigation did not establish particular facts does not mean there was no evidence of those facts.” In fact, Mueller also wrote that the “investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the Campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts.”

To find conspiracy, a prosecutor must establish beyond a reasonable doubt the elements of the crime: an agreement between at least two people, to commit a criminal offense and an overt act in furtherance of that agreement. One of the underlying criminal offenses that Mueller reviewed for conspiracy was campaign-finance violations. Mueller found that Trump campaign members Donald Trump Jr., Paul Manafort and Jared Kushner met with Russian nationals in Trump Tower in New York June 2016 for the purpose of receiving disparaging information about Clinton as part of “Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump,” according to an email message arranging the meeting. This meeting did not amount to a criminal offense, in part, because Mueller was unable to establish “willfulness,” that is, that the participants knew that their conduct was illegal. Mueller was also unable to conclude that the information was a “thing of value” that exceeded $25,000, the requirement for campaign finance to be a felony, as opposed to a civil violation of law. But the fact that the conduct did not technically amount to conspiracy does not mean that it was acceptable. Trump campaign members welcomed foreign influence into our election and then compromised themselves with the Russian government by covering it up.

Mueller found other contacts with Russia, such as the sharing of polling data about Midwestern states where Trump later won upset victories, conversations with the Russian ambassador to influence Russia’s response to sanctions imposed by the U.S. government in response to election interference, and communications with Wikileaks after it had received emails stolen by Russia. While none of these acts amounted to the crime of conspiracy, all could be described as “collusion.”

PS Now I am off listening to Jim Croce.   What a tragedy for his family and friends of course but for all of us that only knew his music too

Edited by Bob in Mich

14 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

@Bob in Mich... would this count as even-handed and the reasonable investigation you would support?  

I don't know.  The timing is a bit suspect certainly but I don't claim to know as much as some here.  Time and hopefully more clues will eventually tell us about the justification.

Coming the same week that even Barr has complained about Trump trying to push him, one has to wonder if this is a legitimate investigation brought about now by some newly uncovered case facts.  Or, is it the type of investigation that many have been warning about.....Trump/Barr's political use of the Justice Dept to punish the president's enemies

Edited by Bob in Mich

15 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

The repetition around here that Mueller discovered absolutely no wrong doing has worked well.  I will give credit for that trick.  Many posters here repeat it now, like they might actually believe that.  Hard to tell

Maybe review some of the findings and myths about those Mueller findings that persist, in spite of facts to the contrary.

https://time.com/5610317/mueller-report-myths-breakdown/

PS Now I am off listening to Jim Croce.   What a tragedy for his family and friends of course but for all of us that only knew his music too

Why cite the report itself when you can read... 

(checks notes)

"Time magazine" instead? 

Reason 10004 why Bob continues to be woefully underperformed. As for the bolded, how bout that projection?! :lol: 

17 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Coming the same week that even Barr has complained abut Trump trying to push him, one has to wonder if this is a legitimate investigation brought about now by some newly uncovered case facts.  Or, is it the type of investigation that many have been warning about.....Trump/Barr's political use of the Justice Dept to punish the president's enemies

Incorrect spin.

Barr specifically said that President Trump had never contacted or spoke with him about any case..............but his tweets were unhelpful.

sorry.

Andrew Weissmann: AG Barr Is Starting New Investigation into Fired FBI Officials Jim Comey, Andrew McCabe and Peter Strzok

by Jim Hoft

Original Article

Little crooked man Andrew Weissmann told Chuck Todd today the new investigation initiated this week by Attorney General Bill Barr involving US Attorney in St. Louis Jeff Jensen is a ruse to investigate Jim Comey, Andrew McCabe and Peter Strzok.On Friday Attorney General Bill Barr assigned an outside prosecutor to review the abusive case against General Mike Flynn.Barr also assigned a handful of prosecutors to review other cases in the US Attorney’s office in DC.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1