Dare I say, Bills might be the pick for Hard Knocks this year

D521646

3 minutes ago, D521646 said:

I think there's a good chance we see this, and if so I won't hate it.  Very excited about his year.

Tim-

I root for it every year.  Not sure I buy the "distraction" element of it.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Bills are NOT eligible this year.

Those rules are: A team can't be selected if it was in the playoffs either of the last two seasons, if it has a first-year head coach or if it has been on the program at any point in the last 10 years.

These five teams can appear on "Hard Knocks" in 2019

• Lions
  • Raiders
  • Giants
  • 49ers
  • Redskins

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/hard-knocks-2019-which-teams-are-eligible-for-this-years-hbo-show/h2e6ctldxgas1pt29kif934rh

Edited by stosh64
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, stony said:

I root for it every year.  Not sure I buy the "distraction" element of it.  

Same, Would love to see it. Wouldve LOVED to see it when Whaley and Marrone were going at it.

I dont buy the distraction thing either, and even if it is, how much worse could it have been over the last 20 years?

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I believe they CAN do it,  but only if they want to do it. The league cannot force them to do it. Due to playoffs two years ago 

You are correct sir.  They could if they wanted, but...

Technically, any team can say yes to be on the show, but the possibility of that happening is roughly zero percent. Coaches have complained about the presence of "Hard Knocks" at their facilities in the past, and it really doesn't provide a benefit to the franchise, so in 2013, the NFL gave itself the power to force a team to participate in the show, with a set of rules.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I believe they CAN do it,  but only if they want to do it. The league cannot force them to do it. Due to playoffs two years ago 

Correct. I think we would be much more interesting to them next year if we were to go say 9-7 or 10-6 this year with Allen really looking good but miss the playoffs then I think we would be prime candidates next year because everyone would be picking us as the team to watch.

3 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Given this criteria, is it not a given it'll be Chucky and the Raiders? 

Mayock, AB, Chucky...how could they pick anyone else? 

I'm hoping it is, any other team would just be boring in comparison.:lol:

The AB drama would be priceless entertainment.

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...don't see McDermott approving of it......just a hunch.......

I thought of this, but he must've signed off on the Bill's own version of Hard Knocks this past camp.  Probably not quite as intrusive, though.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, stony said:

I thought of this, but he must've signed off on the Bill's own version of Hard Knocks this past camp.  Probably not quite as intrusive, though.   

That wasnt even close to Hard Knocks. That was pure marketing with zero inside info and completely controlled messaging. It was one big rah-rah commercial.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

That wasnt even close to Hard Knocks. That was pure marketing with zero inside info and completely controlled messaging. It was one big rah-rah commercial.

Very true.  

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, JOFUS311 said:

There is ZERO chance of it being anyone but the Raiders.

I can't see it being anyone other than the Raiduhs either. And I sincerely hope that the Bills are never chosen.