I'd like a reasonable to above average LB corps

The NFL is trying to kill defense, and of course QB is the #1 position, but try to tell me there is any CB, EDGE... whatever the hell that is, DT, OT, WR(Maybe Jerry Rice excepted, maybe), Safety, TE, Guard or Punter, who changes the game for an entire team the way a truly dominant MLB does.  

LB's are the football players out there- the men amongst boys, if you will.  They keep the  prima donnas in check, the DT's in check.  MLB's aren't the answer to everything on defense, but they're the ones I want setting the tone.  

Outside of great roles played by great players, Bruce, Deion, Reggie, the truly intimidating defenses have been anchored by the linebackers.  

Try it in your head without looking... list the great DL, LB's and DB's, then write them down.  $42.76 on the LB's.  

Edmunds was a teenaged when drafted in the first round (last time for that was 2007 I think).  He is a very high ceiling/medium floor and NOT going to reach is full potential in the first year or even the second year.  Suck it up people, we have to wait and see if the risk in getting him is going to pay off.  I'm hoping for a DT LB OT for our first three picks this year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

The NFL is trying to kill defense, and of course QB is the #1 position, but try to tell me there is any CB, EDGE... whatever the hell that is, DT, OT, WR(Maybe Jerry Rice excepted, maybe), Safety, TE, Guard or Punter, who changes the game for an entire team the way a truly dominant MLB does.  

LB's are the football players out there- the men amongst boys, if you will.  They keep the  prima donnas in check, the DT's in check.  MLB's aren't the answer to everything on defense, but they're the ones I want setting the tone.  

Outside of great roles played by great players, Bruce, Deion, Reggie, the truly intimidating defenses have been anchored by the linebackers.  

Try it in your head without looking... list the great DL, LB's and DB's, then write them down.  $42.76 on the LB's.  

Seriously? You don’t know what Edge means??

We need a kiddies table forum..

• Haha (+1) 6

I know we live in an instant gratification society, but do you think it's possible to give Edmunds at least a year to figure things out?    What were you doing when you were his age?  For God's sake the kid can't even buy a beer yet.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Tough crowd, but where did I insult the child of Ferrel Edmunds?   I want a merciless LB corps.

9 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Seriously? You don’t know what Edge means??

We need a kiddies table forum..

So, tell me what it means. 

You don't either, btw, b/c it's always capitalized EDGE

old people trying to get stuff.  )

Edited by BringMetheHeadofLeonLett

48 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Edmunds was a teenaged when drafted in the first round (last time for that was 2007 I think).  He is a very high ceiling/medium floor and NOT going to reach is full potential in the first year or even the second year.  Suck it up people, we have to wait and see if the risk in getting him is going to pay off.  I'm hoping for a DT LB OT for our first three picks this year.

Yep. Although I expect huge production from Edmunds this year. Milano is an ace as well and Devin Bush may be an option. Who knows? I definitely believe we draft another LB somewhere in the draft, only Beane and McD know when, although I think it's pretty obvious at this point that that'll be a reality on draft day.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'm confused.

I'll agree, though. The concept of "edge" is a bit too "edgy" for me.

What ever happened to DE? Is it just not trendy enough a name?

:lol:

You changed your profile name... why should the poor DEs not be allowed to call themselves EDGE? Name fascist.  

Just now, NewDayBills said:

Yep. Although I expect huge production from Edmunds this year. Milano is an ace as well and Devin Bush may be an option. Who knows? I definitely believe we draft another LB somewhere in the draft, only Beane and McD know when, although I think it's pretty obvious at this point that that'll be a reality on draft day.

Day 3 - look for another Milano like gem.

• Thank you (+1) 1

EDGE/pass rusher is the key to defense. Ask Luke Kuechly... Who is the best linebacker in football.. Without a pass rush everyone else is left on an island and in a PASSING league you can’t cover for more than 3-4 seconds. 

That dominant middle line backer spoken of rarely rushes the passer. It’s great kuechly can have 175 tackles every year, but it’s also pointless if they’re all tackles past the line of scrimmage. Quarterback and pass rusher will be the most important positions for a long time with the state of the game. Issue is you now need 2 pass rushers at elite level. A pass rush makes everyone look good. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Are we going to start calling DTs PLUG?

Maybe WRs should be FLANK?

QBs "THROW"?

I like it.

My none NFL supporting mate calls offensive linemen "PUSHERS". I think we are onto something.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Haha (+1) 2