Pre-draft Visit: Jaylon Ferguson

Hosting Ferguson is another indication the process has been "revised" now that there's an expectation of winning more games in 2019. 

The process is an ambiguous plan that exists to demonstrate the coach has credibility.  No one knows what it is anymore than Dorothy knew the Wizard of Oz. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

He's very stiff but the man produced for 4 years. I know people will flip but I'd be super excited if our first two picks were Christian Wilkins and Jay Ferguson.

Yeah, that would be a very underwhelming draft, to me...

• Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Hosting Ferguson is another indication the process has been "revised" now that there's an expectation of winning more games in 2019. 

The process is an ambiguous plan that exists to demonstrate the coach has credibility.  No one knows what it is anymore than Dorothy knew the Wizard of Oz. 

His "incident" does not seem to be that big of a thing whether or not the Bills draft him.

"We disagree with the NFL's position with regards to Jaylon Ferguson," said Lawson via statement. "Jaylon is a great person who made a mistake 4 years ago before he started playing college football. He was involved in a scuffle that resulted in him being charged with misdemeanor simple battery. He received a deferred judgment and $189.00 fine, a proper punishment for a fight between two teenagers. Since that day Jaylon has been a fine and upstanding student athlete that personifies the things we are trying to teach our young people today. The past four years at Louisiana Tech Jaylon has been a team leader who has led on and off the field clearly learning from the lessons of his past."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

I don't care what it is if the outcome is results on the field..

I don't know what this guy's full profile is, but most of us did stupid things as a teen that we may or may not have gotten caught doing that have zero impact on our character as adults.  If anything, getting caught and punished may result in a person being MORE responsible as an adult.  If a fight as teenager, prior to his college career, is the only mark on his record, I wouldn't be too concerned about it.  It's the guys with repeated offenses, or really egrigous offenses that teams need to be wary of.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

I think they went in fully believing they could compete at the highest level with character alone. After two seasons, they've come to the realization that they're gonna need to amend that a bit if they're going to succeed. Case in point; AB. While some may criticize them for deviating from the "plan," I applaud them for learning from their mistakes.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

His "incident" does not seem to be that big of a thing whether or not the Bills draft him.

"We disagree with the NFL's position with regards to Jaylon Ferguson," said Lawson via statement. "Jaylon is a great person who made a mistake 4 years ago before he started playing college football. He was involved in a scuffle that resulted in him being charged with misdemeanor simple battery. He received a deferred judgment and $189.00 fine, a proper punishment for a fight between two teenagers. Since that day Jaylon has been a fine and upstanding student athlete that personifies the things we are trying to teach our young people today. The past four years at Louisiana Tech Jaylon has been a team leader who has led on and off the field clearly learning from the lessons of his past."

...some of this stuff is a real head scratcher CB.....our warped society is now going back 20+ years even without any criminal charges, well beyond any statute of limitations, based on alleged "victim accounts", costing people their careers.....better watch your back.....bushes lurkers everywhere with no remorse.....

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...some of this stuff is a real head scratcher CB.....our warped society is now going back 20+ years even without any criminal charges, well beyond any statute of limitations, based on alleged "victim accounts", costing people their careers.....better watch your back.....bushes lurkers everywhere with no remorse.....

Agreed - I think it's gone too far.

Additionally, I don't see this contradicting McDermott's plan in any capacity, nor does it indicate that they're admitting any sort of "mistake."

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I think they went in fully believing they could compete at the highest level with character alone. After two seasons, they've come to the realization that they're gonna need to amend that a bit if they're going to succeed. Case in point; AB. While some may criticize them for deviating from the "plan," I applaud them for learning from their mistakes.

being a young Team, perhaps they are developing the core of players and Coaches who have bought in to the program. and then expanded again Coaching changes after last seasons end.

I think build it from inside out. a strong foundation.
QB        MLB and Captain of the defense. both are great investments to your core covering each side of the ball.

get that stuff dialed in asap ? you can take some risks. Locker room can shape any player.
they have not given an inch on their program imho

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Like I said (and many others have said before), I'm glad there was no cell phones and internet recording my youth.

I carried a pocket knife in school.  Today they put you "under the jail".

• Thank you (+1) 1

A lot of this stuff is just B/S-NFL Football is an extreme sport-it is not tennis. They want intelligent, violent players who will do anything to help the team win and do their best to avoid getting into trouble off the field. High football "character" means helping the team win, not necessarily being a super nice guy. Until he went nuts Richie Incognito was considered a "high character" guy even though he got caught up in that whole Dolphins thing-his teammates and coaches liked him-it was the coaches that told him to toughen up the guy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Like I said (and many others have said before), I'm glad there was no cell phones and internet recording my youth.

I carried a pocket knife in school.  Today they put you "under the jail".

my cousin's kid got expelled from day care FIFTY-FIVE years ago for biting another kid....so in the interest of moral terpitude and judicial fairness, I'm emailing his current employer demanding immediate termination.....

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

He's very stiff but the man produced for 4 years. I know people will flip but I'd be super excited if our first two picks were Christian Wilkins and Jay Ferguson.

How do you know he’s “stiff”?  Did you touch him?

Edited by CaptnCoke11
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Yeah, that would be a very underwhelming draft, to me...

1. Christian Wilkins-DL Clemson

2. Jaylon Ferguson-DE LA Tech

3. Kahale Warring-TE San Diego State

4. Mecole Hardman-WR Georgia

4. Devine Ozigbo-RB Nebraksa

I'd be pretty excited if it played out like that but I know what you mean. I kinda want to get a bunch of offensive guys