I Missed My Exit

TSNBDSC

3 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

My daughter turns 16 next month. I am terrified.

You should be terrified!

But only because it’s natural. Things will be fine.

For the most part.......

58 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

My daughter turns 16 next month. I am terrified.

My son was about 18 when he got a new car to get around at college. He got 8 miles from the house with this brand new car.....before his buddy opened the front passenger door on a five lane road in the middle lane. EIGHT miles on the car since bringing it home, and the door was blown off by a car passing on the right.

We can laugh about that.............now.

It took some time. 

Focus on the laughter, I’m not here to scare you! 

32 minutes ago, Kevbeau said:

That’s par for the course in Atlanta. Like how nobody stopped to check to see if the person/people in the car were ok.

That was my first thought, haha.

People become worse versions of themselves when driving....

I encountered something similar on the highway last weekend. Car swerved to miss a blown big trailer tire, lost control, completely spun around and hit the median.

People kept driving. I was a few cars back.

It was an old Buick, so I immediately thought "this is probably an old person." I pulled over to check on them and it turned out to be a teen boy.  A hand-me-down car probably. He was super shook up, but fine. 

Thanks for lending us the car George, oh by the way, it got a little ummm crumpled...

An exit ramp in downtown Toronto leads to once a month seeing a car resting on the concrete divider with wheels spinning.

21 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I'm going to put a dash cam on my kid's car and monitor speeds and the video for the first year. 

Having done a Fort Erie to Hamilton commute daily for a couple of years via the QEW, I would say the dash cam is a great idea, strictly for all the other a******* out there.  ‘The Fast and the Furious 11’ at times.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

I'm going to put a dash cam on my kid's car and monitor speeds and the video for the first year. 

That is not a bad idea. I mentioned up thread that my little girl turns 16 next month. Some others have told me to track her movements via cell phone GPS, but I am not cool with that. I trust her, mostly, and I want her to respect my trust.

Dash cam seems slightly less intrusive, but still very effective in certain circumstances. 

4 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

That is not a bad idea. I mentioned up thread that my little girl turns 16 next month. Some others have told me to track her movements via cell phone GPS, but I am not cool with that. I trust her, mostly, and I want her to respect my trust.

Dash cam seems slightly less intrusive, but still very effective in certain circumstances. 

My wife wanted one of those Hum by Verizon things.  It plugs into the diagnostic plug under the dash.  It will report the car’s location to a cell phone app.  You can also set it so that it texts you if the car goes over a certain speed or outside of a certain distance from home.

I’ve never used those features, but I’ve used it to keep track of my wife’s progress when she goes on weekend trips to visit family or friends. It came in handy once when my daughter called and said mom is late and she was worried.  I used the app to find out that she made a detour to do some shopping en route. 

57 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

My wife wanted one of those Hum by Verizon things.  It plugs into the diagnostic plug under the dash.  It will report the car’s location to a cell phone app.  You can also set it so that it texts you if the car goes over a certain speed or outside of a certain distance from home.

I’ve never used those features, but I’ve used it to keep track of my wife’s progress when she goes on weekend trips to visit family or friends. It came in handy once when my daughter called and said mom is late and she was worried.  I used the app to find out that she made a detour to do some shopping en route. 

Thanks. I will look into that. I am trying not to invade personl space, yet still trying to be somewhat informed.

Then there I this Dude on a Midnight Bender... Taking the shortcut through an Appleton, Wisconsin roundabout... The hard way to Taco Bell!

Head for the Border!©

WTF is wrong with people! /smh

Story:

https://www.postcrescent.com/story/news/crime/2019/04/01/appleton-taco-bell-drunken-driving-crash-driver-arrested-sunday/3330563002/

Edited by ExiledInIllinois