Whistleblower Says Security Clearances Process Corrupted

58 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

I contend there is hypocrisy on display here by the Trump defenders.  (see definition 2 above) 

That contention is based on an nonsensical comparison created to make the point you are trying to make. Square peg, round hole. 

Of of course you'd understand this if you bothered to ever utilize your own free thought and discernment rather than continuing to follow the talking points of people who were JUST exposed as liars for two plus years. 

A smarter man would learn from his mistakes rather than repeating them. 

5 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Is it possible that there are similarities and yet still some differences?  Wait, don't type yet.  Is that possible?

Wait

So, could someone point out the similarities in two situations without them being identical?  Is that possible ?   If yes, then you are seeing how the comparison might be made.  If your answer is no, then surely you are being dishonest.

The only one being dishonest here is you. 

A dog is similar to a dinosaur in that both are animals. Thus, dogs are reptiles. 

Thats the the kind of blisteringly idiotic "comparison" you're attempting to make. You don't see it as problematic because you have no understanding of the issue at hand and are instead parroting talking points rather than thinking for yourself or learning why your contention is asinine. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That contention is based on an nonsensical comparison created to make the point you are trying to make. Square peg, round hole. 

Of of course you'd understand this if you bothered to ever utilize your own free thought and discernment rather than continuing to follow the talking points of people who were JUST exposed as liars for two plus years. 

A smarter man would learn from his mistakes rather than repeating them. 

And, a smarter poster would recall that you have been a confrontational jerk with me several times.  Given that, as you well know, I will no longer engage with you.  Please quit trying.  Your thoughts aren't all that important to me.

20 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

And, a smarter poster would recall that you have been a confrontational jerk with me several times.  Given that, as you well know, I will no longer engage with you.  Please quit trying.  Your thoughts aren't all that important to me.

Only after pushed... but details have never been your strong suit. Or logical thinking. Or critical thinking. Or anything resembling an honest discussion. 

You've been lied to for two plus years by people who knew you wouldn't question them because of your partisan leanings. Now they've been exposed as frauds - even to you who stuck your head in the sand for two years despite me trying to reason with you and get you to see the truth. You were wrong then. I was right. Now, instead of reassessing your missteps over the past two years you're once again following the talking points pushed by the same people who just got done lying to you

They think you're stupid, @Bob in Mich - and you're proving them correct. 

Be better than that. Think for yourself. Do your own research - or at least listen to those on this board who have direct experience in the matters of clearances telling you how ridiculous your point in this thread is in reality. 

... Or continue to live down to your reputation.

37 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Really? You guys howling to high heaven over anything Hillary or Obama did? You personally claiming they'd be in jail now? Yet Trump handing the keys of our intelligence over to unqualified, possibly corrupted, conflicted and unethical people is ok?

Ya, that's hypocrisy 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Holy *****, Az!   Let me try once more just because I need a distraction at the moment.  Otherwise I would be done with this brick wall 'discussion'.

Is it possible that there are similarities and yet still some differences?  Wait, don't type yet.  Is that possible?

Wait

So, could someone point out the similarities in two situations without them being identical?  Is that possible ?   If yes, then you are seeing how the comparison might be made.  If your answer is no, then surely you are being dishonest.

The similarities are not material, though.  Because one is a crime, and the other isn't.  

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Holy *****, Az!   Let me try once more just because I need a distraction at the moment.  Otherwise I would be done with this brick wall 'discussion'.

Wait

Both involve people? 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"Dogs and dinosaurs are both animals. Thus, dogs are reptiles"

#Logic

No, it means it's illegal to not clean up after your dinosaur.

Big-ass pooper-scooper, though...

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Wait

I don't know - how in your mind are there some similarities? What would those similarities be? Detail if possible.

Wait

So, if someone could draw an actual similarity between the two situations, with one being legal and the other a crime, what would that similarity be?

Wait

Okay, now show how they are similar. Please. I would truly appreciate seeing you make a legitimate connection between the two. Don't ask me to use my imagination and connect the dots for you. Spell it out, once and for all. Please.

Go.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Azalin said:

I don't know - how in your mind are there some similarities? What would those similarities be? Detail if possible.

Wait

So, if someone could draw an actual similarity between the two situations, with one being legal and the other a crime, what would that similarity be?

Wait

Okay, now show how they are similar. Please. I would truly appreciate seeing you make a legitimate connection between the two. Don't ask me to use my imagination and connect the dots for you. Spell it out, once and for all. Please.

Go.

I no longer feel you are attempting a legitimate discussion. Too bad. 

16 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

I no longer feel you are attempting a legitimate discussion. Too bad. 

I'm pretty much the only one who has been continually replying to you, but since I continue to point out that you're attempting to equate criminal activity with non-criminal activity, you no longer feel I am attempting a legitimate discussion?  And you say that we're the ones with a problem?

:lol:

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

Yeah, it is such an outlandish comparison.  Sort of odd that I heard the exact same comparison being made from several members yesterday in the House Oversight Committee hearings

Members of the house oversight committee commented yesterday that the security clearance overrides were comparable to Hillary's illegal use of a private server?

• Haha (+1) 1

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/04/02/elijah_cummings_wh_security_clearance_issue_a_million_times_worse_than_clinton_email_scandal.html

Here is an LA Times Story also making the same comparison.  (The above link seemed to be bogged down when I tried it)

Please don't repeat the 6 time conceded point that Trump's actions were legal.  You are beginning to sound like The Rainman, only badly concussed.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/editorials/la-ed-security-clearances-20190403-story.html

Edited by Bob in Mich

47 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/04/02/elijah_cummings_wh_security_clearance_issue_a_million_times_worse_than_clinton_email_scandal.html

Here is an LA Times Story also making the same comparison.  (The above link seemed to be bogged down when I tried it)

Please don't repeat the 6 time conceded point that Trump's actions were legal.  You are beginning to sound like The Rainman, only badly concussed.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/editorials/la-ed-security-clearances-20190403-story.html

The LA Times is wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

Please cite the law that Trump broke in overriding his subordinates recommendations?

• Like (+1) 1

The President has complete discretion as to whom receives security clearances in his service.  Full stop.

The prior President exercised the exact same prerogative when Ben Rhodes obtained his clearance against advice.

Your argument boils down to “the President exercised his justly prescribed authority in a manner completely compliant with the letter and intent of the law, but I don’t like him.”

Stop listening to people who are lying to you, and trying to distract you, playing on your confirmation biases in order to do so.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The President has complete discretion as to whom receives security clearances in his service.  Full stop.

The prior President exercised the exact same prerogative when Ben Rhodes obtained his clearance against advice.

Your argument boils down to “the President exercised his justly prescribed authority in a manner completely compliant with the letter and intent of the law, but I don’t like him.”

Stop listening to people who are lying to you, and trying to distract you, playing on your confirmation biases in order to do so.

If you haven't been paying attention to the discussion, please don't feel obligated to jump in.  Your characterization of my posts is incorrect. 

Yeah, it is such an outlandish comparison.  Sort of odd that I heard the exact same comparison being made from several members yesterday in the House Oversight Committee hearings

You mean the very same people who told you Russia trump collusion was real for two years? Those are the guys you're still listening to? 

Showing us all you've learned zero. 

Shame. 

Hilarious is but a shame. 

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You mean the very same people who told you Russia trump collusion was real for two years? Those are the guys you're still listening to? 

Showing us all you've learned zero. 

Shame. 

Hilarious is but a shame. 

One thing I have learned.  You need help.  Seriously dude. 

Obsession to this extent where you feel the need to harass any one that does not see it your way, is, well deranged.  Oh, I get it now.  Is that it?  Do I win something now?  I hope the prize is that you now will truly go the ***** away, lunatic!

2 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Of course it is difficult not to savor the irony in a White House whistleblower’s claim that the Trump administration improperly granted security clearances to more than two dozen individuals. As a candidate, Donald Trump claimed that Hillary Clinton’s use of a insecure private email server to transact State Department business was corruption “on a scale we have never seen before.” Now, after all those years of “lock her up” chants, Trump’s own administration stands accused of playing fast and loose with the nation’s secrets.

But the complaint by Tricia Newbold, a career employee, that the White House overrode the recommendations of her and her colleagues is more than just ironic; it is alarming in itself. Newbold, an adjudications manager in the White House Personnel Security Office, told the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee that the clearances were granted despite disqualifying issues including “foreign influence, conflicts of interest, concerning personal conduct, financial problems, drug use and criminal conduct."

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

If you haven't been paying attention to the discussion, please don't feel obligated to jump in.  Your characterization of my posts is incorrect. 

My characterization of your posts is accurate.

The fact that you disagree means you dont understand the law or it’s intent.  The President has complete discretion in choosing his own advisors, and assigning them the security clearances necessary to best advise him.  There is absolutely nothing scandalous about his choices or actions here.  Full stop.

18 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Obsession to this extent where you feel the need to harass any one that does not see it your way, is, well deranged.  Oh, I get it now.  Is that it?  Do I win something now?  I hope the prize is that you now will truly go the ***** away, lunatic!

He’s not harassing you.  He’s mocking your steadfast belief in a baseless conspiracy, which has been debunked at every level.

• Like (+1) 1

To prove him wrong, please provide the link or references to the law that Trump broke.

• Like (+1) 1

No, it's completely correct.  You're creating a scandal where there isn't one.  Have another toke.

49 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

The one who needs help is the man who keeps slapping away the branches people are offering to help pull him out of the river of disinformation. (that's you)

The one who needs help is the guy who called me a Putin supporter for daring to ask questions about a narrative we now know was bogus from the start. (that's also you)

The one who needs help is the guy who just figured out he's been lied to for two years, yet he decides to believe the next lie told by the very same people. (yup, you again)

You bring this on yourself with your refusal to think for yourself or learn from your past mistakes. 

Or... you can keep lashing out at the guy who's been honest with you from the jump.