Everyone talks OL and WR, but our ST sucked last season

27 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

When the talent on the team is terrible the special teams will be awful. Crossman was not the issue. 

Special teams are overvalued anyways.  Its no where near a third of the game as people point out.  My take on STs is don't give up a blocked kick and cut down on the penalties. Not much else matters. 

The year crossman excelled was because we kept lesser talented players for teams. Otherwise mostly agree. Good kicker, decent coverage, no penalties. Not gamechanging positive just no negative plays 

16 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

If his reply was that of a sociopath I’m scared to ask what yours is

One from a person who loathes rude and believes in two things:  The Golden Rule, and not turning the other cheek.  I won't apologize. . .well, I will.  I'm sorry their words and actions made me act in a way that is how I normally act.  They really need to work on that.I l

I wonder how people back home in the States teach their children manners, civility, and tact, when, from what I see living overseas and what I get online, there isn't any anymore.  I'm glad I'm live in a place where there is still shame.  If my thread is something you don't like, just ignore it.  A simple "yeah, you're right" was all that was warranted, not snide responses.

One more thing. . .don't give me "it's just the internet."  There is a pathology in behavior like this.  They know they are safe behind a computer screen.  If they said or acted this way in public, they'd probably get a fist in the teeth.

Edited by Seoulful Soul

1 hour ago, Seoulful Soul said:

The team seems to be hosting and signing things to plug up that hole.  Remember, everyone wanted Crossman's head.  The ST last year was BRUTAL!

You do realize these days special teams is the majority of the 2nd and 3rd tier players on D and O right?

1 minute ago, fansince88 said:

You do realize these days special teams is the majority of the 2nd and 3rd tier players on D and O right?

Yes I do.  But I also know that ST normal has that.  And giving up huge returns and stupid flags on ST plays is completely inexcusable.  I was on shoutcast here during games.  People on this site were screaming for Crossman's head with good reason.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Seoulful Soul said:

No need to be flip or rude, buddy. 

Commenting how positive signings to help one of our weakest areas is fail.  Okay then.  More flippant internet responses because people are locked safely behind a computer screen.

Yes. . .because that's what a message board is for.  Sorry it doesn't rise to your level of brilliance, but I left my Hooked on Phonics and Crayons back in second grade.  Care to do the same and respond with maturity closer to your age and not your shoe size?

LAMP = YOU. 

You don’t even in other peoples threads.  Looking at your profile, in which I can only see  the  first page of posts, you haven’t posted in one thread other than the ones you have created.  Not to say that you haven’t, but you only have 54 posts.  Can’t be too many others

2 hours ago, Seoulful Soul said:

The team seems to be hosting and signing things to plug up that hole.  Remember, everyone wanted Crossman's head.  The ST last year was BRUTAL!

The STs were brutal because the overall talent on the team was so poor, particularly on the offensive side.   STers are rarely starters on either side of the ball.  A team that doesn't have a lot of quality starters seldom has good STs. 

18 minutes ago, Seoulful Soul said:

Yes I do.  But I also know that ST normal has that.  And giving up huge returns and stupid flags on ST plays is completely inexcusable.  I was on shoutcast here during games.  People on this site were screaming for Crossman's head with good reason.

I think we agree. Just thought you may have been missing the fact that we are bringingin ST players when we address the WR and CB and the like. 

1 minute ago, fansince88 said:

I think we agree. Just thought you may have been missing the fact that we are bringingin ST players when we address the WR and CB and the like. 

Everything weak needs to be addressed.  I'm glad ODB isn't neglecting this part of the game in pursuit of higher WR and OL talent.  I like bringing in ST proficient people.  They can help train technique as well to the talent McD and the staff have pegged solely as ST players.

• Like (+1) 1

t

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The secret reached McBeane... 

https://amp.democratandchronicle.com/amp/2475588002

Yeah, blame Crossman for not being able to turn crap into gold and fire his ass.  McBeane did the same with Castillo the OL coach.  McBeane seem to be really good at using scapegoats to disguise their own shortcomings in evaluating personnel.

53 minutes ago, Seoulful Soul said:

One from a person who loathes rude and believes in two things:  The Golden Rule, and not turning the other cheek.  I won't apologize. . .well, I will.  I'm sorry their words and actions made me act in a way that is how I normally act.  They really need to work on that.I l

I wonder how people back home in the States teach their children manners, civility, and tact, when, from what I see living overseas and what I get online, there isn't any anymore.  I'm glad I'm live in a place where there is still shame.  If my thread is something you don't like, just ignore it.  A simple "yeah, you're right" was all that was warranted, not snide responses.

One more thing. . .don't give me "it's just the internet."  There is a pathology in behavior like this.  They know they are safe behind a computer screen.  If they said or acted this way in public, they'd probably get a fist in the teeth.

Do you have any idea what you’re even talking about?  Multiple people responded to you stupid thread by calling it stupid.  You respond by saying it’s a message board.......then you say that if we we were having a conversation......and we replied to one of you statements by saying it was stupid, you would probably punch my teeth out.  

bwhahahahahahaha.  Make sure to start posting in everyone else’s threads.  

8 minutes ago, SoTier said:

t

Yeah, blame Crossman for not being able to turn crap into gold and fire his ass.  McBeane did the same with Castillo the OL coach.  McBeane seem to be really good at using scapegoats to disguise their own shortcomings in evaluating personnel.

To be fair, crossman has a pretty long history of turning gold into crap, and crap into crappier crap.

That they kept him initially raises far more questions than firing him does. Hopefully some of these early regime issues get fixed and don’t end up recurring like a Chan gailey defensive hire.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, SoTier said:

The STs were brutal because the overall talent on the team was so poor, particularly on the offensive side.   STers are rarely starters on either side of the ball.  A team that doesn't have a lot of quality starters seldom has good STs. 

This is a good post from you and it is def true

If the players playing the special teams would be better they would be on the field for more snaps

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

This is a good post from you and it is def true

If the players playing the special teams would be better they would be on the field for more snaps

Its not a great post and is far from true. Guys like boobie and Easley were great teamers that were bad at their actual jobs as examples. Plenty of good players wouldn’t be particularly good special teamers.

Just now, NoSaint said:

Its not a great post and is far from true. Guys like boobie and Easley were great teamers that were bad at their actual jobs as examples. Plenty of good players wouldn’t be particularly good special teamers.

I am talking about overall special teams talent not one or two players.......I do understand what you are saying though