The Mueller Report. BREAKING NEWS: AG’s Summary Report Released. NO COLLUSION!

I really question what Mueller's game is. It seems that he knew back in 2017 that there was no collusion, but kept the "investigation" going for another year+, clearly influencing the 2018 mid-term elections. Now that he comes out with his report, he refuses to do his job and make a decision on the "obstruction" nonsense (he was obligated to explain his prosecution/declination decisions, not to punt without explanation), after laying out a number of incidents that could only be prosecutable under a highly dubious reinterpretation of the statute.

He has done everything he can to muddy the waters and keep this nonsense going for another 6 years.

• Like (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I really question what Mueller's game is. It seems that he knew back in 2017 that there was no collusion, but kept the "investigation" going for another year+, clearly influencing the 2018 mid-term elections. Now that he comes out with his report, he refuses to do his job and make a decision on the "obstruction" nonsense (he was obligated to explain his prosecution/declination decisions, not to punt without explanation), after laying out a number of incidents that could only be prosecutable under a highly dubious reinterpretation of the statute.

He has done everything he can to muddy the waters and keep this nonsense going for another 6 years.

What makes you say that? His report makes clear they could not find enough evidence, though both sides wanted to work together. The report basically states they there were buffers in between them. So, honestly, where did you get that point from? 

Oh, and since Trump can't stop Mueller from testifying, looks like we will get an answer. 

10 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Not to mention dragging out the investigation continued some healthy paychecks for all the investigators involved.

13 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Trump is trolling Nadler, daring him to call Mueller to testify -- which I think is a big giveaway. If he does testify (and I think he will) I don't expect it to go the way Nadler thinks it will, but either way we'll get an answer then what his game really is when he does.

I'm still in the camp that posits Mueller is trying to save his own ass, and has been from the start. His game is self preservation from what's coming next, which is the boomerang. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Trump is trolling Nadler, daring him to call Mueller to testify -- which I think is a big giveaway. If he does testify (and I think he will) I don't expect it to go the way Nadler thinks it will, but either way we'll get an answer then what his game really is when he does.

I'm still in the camp that posits Mueller is trying to save his own ass, and has been from the start. His game is self preservation from what's coming next, which is the boomerang. 

I can accept that Mueller is trying to save his own ass, and that might explain why he was intentionally vague with the obstruction thing (the longer it goes, the more he keeps his name on everyone's lips - which keeps him from being a target.)

However, I don't think that he's a 'white hat', especially since he went out of his way to muddy the waters with the report. He's not a stupid man, he damn well knew that leaving the 'obstruction' question open-ended like he did would do nothing but inflame the situation and prolong the political nonsense. People wanted closure, one way or the other, and he went out of his way to insure that there was not going to be any.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

You answered your own question.

Fair enough, but what I was getting at is what is he getting out of doing so? What's his endgame?

• Like (+1) 4

51 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Refresh my memory: what were the repercussions when Holder was held in contempt?

Oh yeah, that's right...not a damned thing.

I'm sure Barr is terrified of this development.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Refresh my memory: what were the repercussions when Holder was held in contempt?

Oh yeah, that's right...not a damned thing.

I'm sure Barr is terrified of this development.

This is just another painfully transparent political stunt by Nadler. Part distraction from 'no collusion', and part retribution for the GOP legitimately holding Holder in contempt for being an asshat.

A referral to the DOJ is meaningless, and an attempt to bring him before the full House for punishment (which they can do) would be overturned by the Courts immediately. Congress cannot order someone to violate Federal law.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

and an attempt to bring him before the full House for punishment (which they can do) would be overturned by the Courts immediately. Congress cannot order someone to violate Federal law.

But I hope they try, so the courts can explicitly say that.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

But they still hold the house and probably get an impeachment if they really want to bother with it

I hope they do, with either Barr or Trump. The trial before the Senate would be a hoot.

• Like (+1) 1