REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Does you boss also consistently preach a message of "family" and "culture?"

Also, where do you work???? If I even alluded to my boss that because of a serious personal disagreement with someone I couldn't work with them, that person wouldn't get hired. 

Yep. I'm a teacher. We preach empathy and family, and team and all that jazz. But whatever is happening in my personal life is not considered to be any part of my professional life. 

I hear what you are saying, I'm just saying that the world doesn't care about people's personal problems any more. 

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

It means we're close and they think we have the infrastructure to handle a guy like Antonio Brown who's Top 2 at his position. I disagree with them here but we've learned something about Beane/McDermott we didn't know before last night.

I suppose OBD could justify the trade attempt in this way, but it doesn’t ring true to me. AB would have been the biggest star and highest paid player on the team and is the opposite of what we’ve been sold for two years. 

You raise an interesting point about learning more about McBeane, I wonder if the players on the team are taking a second look at them and their culture philosophy.

3 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

I don't think you give that for a player they must trade. You shouldn't be offering more than a 3rd round pick. It just goes to show Beane is in over his head.

He may be in over his head anyway, that's hardly been established one way or the other.  Last season's ventures in free-agency were hardly an encouraging sign however.  

Right now McBeane's tenures in Buffalo are directly tied to Allen's progress as a passer.  

This Draft will help sort out how good Beane is.  

As of now the team today is worse than the team as it was when they took over.  After three seasons of making moves, even if the first was merely a semi-house-cleaning (because it was hardly a major house-cleaning) after two additional offseasons of choice, progress should be made.  

Either way, the offensive cupboard is very bare.  Allen's cemented in as the starter for the foreseeable future, but if he fails then so does McBeane.  Otherwise, there's not one single spot in the other 11 starting spots that is presently manned by anyone of above-average caliber play on a consistent basis.  

That's a helluva lot of work to do to render the team competitive.  

Defensively we are about to find out that the D was overrated.  .... hear me out.  

Sure we were ranked 2nd in yardage D, but in scoring D we ranked 18th, same as last year, but having allowed a full point-per-game more.  

Here's the thing, we were ranked 30th in red zone D and worse than we've ranked in red zone D going back at least 16 seasons thru which the data is available.  

So the question is how do we reconcile our top-ranked yardage D against a below-average scoring D and near DFL red zone D.  

Here's a part of the reason why;  we were ranked DFL in opponent starting field position, ergo, shorter drives required for our opponents to score, but score they did once in the red zone, more so than against 29 other teams.  

4 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I am a Beane fan for some of the same reasons.  He knows what he is willing to pay and he sticks by that. He doesn't let emotions carry him away in the middle of negotiations.  

And as others have said, it's a good sign that McD were willing to take on a possible problem guy.  It means they like how they have the Tam set up and they aren't afraid of the challenge.  

They also were willing to pay a big price or they wouldn't have been in serious negotiations. 

I think it might show how shrewd they can be. My problems have been with them that they run out talent, or count it out because of character nonsense. I think someone is going to get AB at a good rate in terms of what they give up, salary and cap wise, I don't know. It is good to see them look to get a guy with such a high upside though even amidst all his crap.

• Like (+1) 1

You want PROOF that the Bills are a great team to play for and that Buffalo is a great place?

Guys like Eric Wood, Kyle Williams, Lorenzo Alexander, Russ Tucker and many more talk about how it was their favorite stop, best memories, etc.

And the teams those guys were on went 6-10 just about every year. They never even got to experience what it would be like here if the Bills ever get legitimately good again.

Imagine actually WINNING here!

7 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I am a Beane fan for some of the same reasons.  He knows what he is willing to pay and he sticks by that. He doesn't let emotions carry him away in the middle of negotiations.  

And as others have said, it's a good sign that McD were willing to take on a possible problem guy.  It means they like how they have the Tam set up and they aren't afraid of the challenge.  

They also were willing to pay a big price or they wouldn't have been in serious negotiations. 

Yep. Unfortunately, we are at a disadvantage in terms of acquiring players. Sad but true. I'm impressed that Beane was willing to go out on a limb and take a shot on a less than perfect human for the betterment of the team. It's unfortunate that it didn't come to fruition, but very happy with Beane.

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

You want PROOF that the Bills are a great team to play for and that Buffalo is a great place?

Guys like Eric Wood, Kyle Williams, Lorenzo Alexander, Russ Tucker and many more talk about how it was their favorite stop, best memories, etc.

And the teams those guys were on went 6-10 just about every year. They never even got to experience what it would be like here if the Bills ever get legitimately good again.

Imagine actually WINNING here!

I notice there is no WRs in your list?  No guys really wanting to build a brand on your list?

3 minutes ago, Vertig0 said:

While I agree with the "target Julio or AJ Green" comments, I think the price is going to be too high. With AB you were looking at limited suitors because of his previous actions. It was known that Pitt wanted him gone and there was limited offers on attempting to get him (allegedly). I think that's the only reason we even tried - kick the tires, get a great talent for not a lot of return due to the ego issues. 

With AJ and Julio, there's no "need" or "rush" to trade them by their teams. As a result, the price will likely be far higher. Just my opinion... 

I think you're spot on. The market for ab is completely different those guys have shown little in terms of disputes with their teams

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yep. I'm a teacher. We preach empathy and family, and team and all that jazz. But whatever is happening in my personal life is not considered to be any part of my professional life. 

I hear what you are saying, I'm just saying that the world doesn't care about people's personal problems any more. 

My wife is a teacher (at a charter school though) and has definitely influenced hiring.  Not quite by saying I wouldn't work with so and so, but she told her boss a candidate would not be a good fit, and that person didn't get hired. 

I think you would be surprised. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Because I'm a TEAM guy, not a union/players guy.

I root for the Bills, not for the individual players. When you give players the control, it destroys a league. Again, see: NBA.

I'm with you on rooting for the Bills, but the NBA is in absolutely fantastic shape. And contrary to belief, there are more competitive and relevant NBA teams than there have been in years. Poor example maybe based on a couple moves that happened?

1 minute ago, 34-78-83 said:

I'm with you on rooting for the Bills, but the NBA is in absolutely fantastic shape. And contrary to belief, there are more competitive and relevant NBA teams than there have been in years. Poor example maybe based on a couple moves that happened?

Really? Who's winning the title this year?

48 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Expensive? This area isn’t even close to expensive. You can buy a decent home here for 100k, a beautiful one for 350k and a literal mansion for a million (see Brandon Beane’s house). Sure, if you really hunt you can find select markets that are cheaper in the US. The vast majority of US real estate markets are far higher than the Buffalo area. 

Home prices are lower but the property tax is the highest in the country.  That is a real cost.

2 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

I gave up, the guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

19 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Really?

The just did last year in Minny.

Now ANY QB should start at the Cousins (total guaranteed contract).

Next step for high profile agents and players should be.  Yep I will sign for 5 years at 20% of the cap Per year.  tie the contract to the CAP and take advantage of that yearly cap growth

IIRC, Sterling Sharpe was the last player to have a real escalator contract. However it wasn’t directly tied to the cap. It was a 5 or 6 year deal that guaranteed that he would be the highest paid WR (by $1) every season. 

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Really? Who's winning the title this year?

Golden state will win it, but your point of complaining about guaranteed contracts or revenue splits have nothing to do with why the NFL will never be the NBA. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

If the Bills had an offense in the same ballpark of 

KC, Rams, Colts, Tampa, Philly high volume throwing offenses AB would be having a press conference here at the start of the league year

Your posts are so right,  and so depressing.