Question. What is the opinion on G Wyatt Teller?

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Teller did some good things when he got on the field last year.

That said.....we need to massively upgrade this OL and no position should be safe.

He has nice feet and he can pull out..the problem is Daboll didn't do much of that last year because he didn't have a center to cover Teller's hole.

Also..recall the pre season games,second string of not,he pancaked the ***** out of people and gave up just one sack.

42 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I think he can potentially be a starter.

He started over Ducasse the last 6-7 games.

PFF's ranking: https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/wyatt-teller/46131

Interesting, if you click on the link about the Bills' Oline ranking, they had this to say about Teller:

Very similar to the Jets, there wasn’t much to get excited about with the offensive line in the preseason and their end of year ranking reflects that. If there was one silver lining, it’s that rookie guard Wyatt Teller only allowed eight pressures in his eight games this year.

19 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

The only aspect of him that was good last year was the fact he was an unknown and might get better.  His play was no better and in fact often worse than Ducasse.  He was overmatched in pass protection most of the time.  Ducasse and Miller were the better players last year but Ducasse is never going to get any better(in fact he will likely regress with age). Teller however may get better.  I saw nothing from him that would say he even has a guaranteed roster spot and certainly not a guaranteed spot on the starting OL.  

My Plan A for the OL would be, bring back Mills at RT and Miller at RG, sign Paradis for C, move Dawkins to LG, draft OT in first round after trading down a few spots, take C/G in the third round, cut Bodine and let Groy walk, Teller, Long, and some other OT to be a swing back-up.

My Plan A.1, basically similar only Mills and/or Miller are replaced with reasonably priced veterans.  

My Plan B : Sign Pardia, bring back Miller, keep Dawkins at LT, Teller at LG, draft OT in the first round to play RT again after dropping back a few slots, draft another G in the 4-5th round, let Mills and Groy walk, cut Bodine, and find a swing OT somewhere

No offense, but why on earth would Mills starting @ RT be part of your plan A?  

58 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

No offense, but why on earth would Mills starting @ RT be part of your plan A?  

There has been a sudden push on this board the last couple of days from some posters to re-sign Mills and Miller. Perhaps it's a cousin or agent on here or something. Not sure what the hell is going on, but neither of those guys should be back. They are both awful. 

22 hours ago, Bangarang said:

He’s a work in progress and not the answer to anything right now.

Agreed. And hopefully that is what is different about this Bills regime (now that they are out of cap trouble) from previous Bills' FOs. In the past, too often at certain positions, they would count on a player like Teller taking that next step and when they didn't, the team had no backup plan. I think Beane and company still HOPE that Teller will develop into a solid starting OG, but I don't think they will COUNT on it. I expect them to bring in another starting-caliber OG or two and let the best men win the jobs. McDermott is all about competition and earning your spot. Nothing will be handed to Teller.

But, I guess we will see one way or the other, over the next month or two, how they play it.

21 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Interesting concept that some people may not understand...

5th round picks can improve particularly when they have had some starting experience in their rookie year..

Anyone familiar with one of our players called Matt Milano?

I don't get that sense at all.  I think if you polled posters, a very high percentage would say they think he will improve.  The question is, how much?  He played well enough, you could say Buffalo can get by with that level of play, but we don't know if he'll be a little better, or an all pro or some point in between.  Not being certain, left guard may be a position where the Bills may try to hedge any bet they make if they don't have to spend too much effort and money elsewhere on the roster.