Bills rumored to be a suitor for OG Roger Saffold

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

All of those OL?? I could see one...hopefully 

I need one, but I’ll hope for two, and I don’t think Santa gets mad at you for hoping for more. 

Edited by Augie

5 minutes ago, PIZ said:

At first glance I thought this was good news, but does this mean they will be going all in on (C) Paradis?

They have so many holes, I’m not sure how much they can afford to go for many top shelf guys. Having said that, IMO the smart teams build the lines. 

2 hours ago, PIZ said:

At first glance I thought this was good news, but does this mean they will be going all in on (C) Paradis?

I've been saying Jets for Paradis for awhile. Perfect guy for Gase's scheme, who was drafted for Gase's scheme. 

7 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I've been saying Jets for Paradis for awhile. Perfect guy for Gase's scheme, who was drafted for Gase's scheme. 

With so many holes to fill, can they afford to pay multiple interior lineman over $10M per season? 

I'm hoping that answer is no. 

IMO, simply plugging good players into the Offensive Line doesn't equate a good Offensive Line. Variables such as the ability to gel and play as a single, cohesive unit come into play. So, while the Bills MUST throw money at the OL, I don't think they "need" to do it at every position. In other words, getting a Vet C IMHO is paramount to all other OL issues and then getting a great RT should be next on the list to make the talent and abilities stretch across the whole line. A very good Guard can be found in the Draft in the 3rd round or if it warrants it, not based on need but BPA, sooner. 

Defensive Line / WR / OG are not the areas I'd like the Bills to use "big" money on in FA. TE? Yes. C / RT? Yes. OLB? Yes. But the other positions are relative positions of strength for the Draft. So, I assume the Bills will get one or two WRs in FA, but I'm not the guy who thinks you can solve that issue by going after "a name". Give me a tremendous OL with a mix of Vets and youth, Vet TEs who can block and find the seam - along with Croom who was arguably their best TE last season and in his 3rd year should make a big leap forward, and a QB who is growing and maturing. THEN give me the WRs who are hungry to play at all times, in any situation (e.g. Foster) and I think you've established a revamped Offense. 

32 minutes ago, TOboy said:

With so many holes to fill, can they afford to pay multiple interior lineman over $10M per season? 

I'm hoping that answer is no. 

I think they wind up with one of these centers at the very least. Right now they go Beachum-Osemele-???????-Winters-Shell. They have 100 million in cap space. I would be surprised if they don't sign Paradis, (great ginger connection with Darnold) and I could see them going after JuWan James as well. 

But in terms of need, they really need base defensive ends. Unfortunately, the answer is definitely not no. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think they wind up with one of these centers at the very least. Right now they go Beachum-Osemele-???????-Winters-Shell. They have 100 million in cap space. I would be surprised if they don't sign Paradis, (great ginger connection with Darnold) and I could see them going after JuWan James as well. 

But in terms of need, they really need base defensive ends. 

You sure about the $100M? I thought the Colts were the only team with that much space...and Osemele just took up 10M in space. 

• Like (+1) 1

The only advantage I think we have in terms of luring Paradis is Buffalo vs New Jersey and NY media. He's an Idaho farm guy, so the only chance we have is if he'd rather not go to a media hotbed. I think Morse is the better fit for us, but I do fear that the Texans try to swipe him.  

I also think Minnesota and Arizona will go after Paradis. Possibly Baltimore as well. 

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The only advantage I think we have in terms of luring Paradis is Buffalo vs New Jersey and NY media. He's an Idaho farm guy, so the only chance we have is if he'd rather not go to a media hotbed. I think Morse is the better fit for us, but I do fear that the Texans try to swipe him.  

I also think Minnesota and Arizona will go after Paradis. Possibly Baltimore as well. 

And NJ taxes are higher. Plus he might not WANT to play for Gase again. 

Edited by YoloinOhio