Josh Sitton to be released

BruceVilanch

PER PFT:

Report: Josh Sitton expects to be released by Dolphins
Posted by Josh Alper on February 26, 2019, 6:46 AM EST

Getty Images
There are expected to be changes coming to the Dolphins defensive line this offseason as the team moves on from veteran members of the unit and similar developments may be in store for the offensive line.

In a look at non-combine business on tap for the Dolphins before the start of the new league year, Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald notes that left guard Josh Sitton expects to be released. Sitton signed a two-year deal with the Dolphins last year after the Bears opted not to exercise their option on his contract.

If the team does move on without Sitton, they won’t have gotten much return on that investment. He tore his rotator cuff in the season opener and went on injured reserve for the remainder of the year.

Cutting Sitton would create $5 million in cap space for the Dolphins, who could have another change up front with right tackle Ja'Wuan James heading for free agency

On 2/15/2019 at 7:46 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

I think they definitely cut Josh Sitton, and probably Daniel Kilgore and Ted Larsen. 

I would define Sitton as good. But he missed most of the season this year and is going to be 33 years old. He's an experienced guy who might make for an interesting stopgap somewhere, but that's pretty much it.

Kilgore is a smaller zone center. He's 31. He was the guy they Niners re-signed then when they signed Weston Richburg, they traded Kilgore to the Dolphins. I would say that he's ok, but he's not better than Russell Bodine. Plus Bodine is younger, bigger, stronger, and has more experience. 

And Ted Larsen is pretty bad. 

Above is what I said in the "AFC Cuts thread." He's a good player who has not played very much in a while and is going to be 33 years old. I think he would be an okay stop gap, but not sure he is a big upgrade. I could see him following Gase to the Jets.  

This could be a good get as long as he passes the physical & his shoulder is okay give him a decent 1 yr contract & see how it works while grabbing a top rookie O linemen this would also give some veteran leadership in the room as the rookies learn the system I'm in !!