Patriots have 2nd easiest 2019 schedule

Inigo Montoya

The schedules follow a format that sets them indefinitely. You can know the bills opponents  for the next 20 seasons now if you get how it works. There are literally 2 games effected by how you finish. It’s been this way for over 10 years. How do people still not understand? The schedules are all made and the patterns repeat. The afc east all play the same teams every year except for 2 games. The pats for the most part play the same teams as us and that wont change.

Probably the most unimpressive SB run I can remember.

They were average all season against the easiest schedule you can ask for. Luck into a bye since the 2 best AFC teams were in the same division and the Steelers crapped the bed. Basically play one difficult game against the league MVP and Cakewalk through the SB.

They spent all season thinking how they'd win 2 games vs Chiefs and Saints/Rams.

We gotta make the AFCE tougher boys. I wanna see Darnold and Allen give em hell and at the very least TAKE AWAY THE BYE WEEK IN THE PLAYOFFS. A roster that's done it all 4 times already has a big advantage on that + 2 measly games and they're practically playing at home yet again in the SB given their experience.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

I could care less about the Patriots and there POS fans. Here in Chicago I deal with them once every other year. The last time I dealt with a Pats fan I was playing pool. Where the bathroom was right by the pool tables. I was taking a shot and the Pats fan came out of the bathroom and bumped into me when I was taking a shot. I said excuse me even though he was in the wrong and he said ***** your back to me. In the end I hit the dude in the side of the face so hard that he hit the wall behind him and just fell to the floor. What I didn't see was that he was there with 3 other guys and the one ***** hit me from behind and when I went down the other guy kicked me in the face. I wish I was with a different group of friends but to this day I ***** hate all things Boston.

12 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I could care less about the Patriots and there POS fans. Here in Chicago I deal with them once every other year. The last time I dealt with a Pats fan I was playing pool. Where the bathroom was right by the pool tables. I was taking a shot and the Pats fan came out of the bathroom and bumped into me when I was taking a shot. I said excuse me even though he was in the wrong and he said ***** your back to me. In the end I hit the dude in the side of the face so hard that he hit the wall behind him and just fell to the floor. What I didn't see was that he was there with 3 other guys and the one ***** hit me from behind and when I went down the other guy kicked me in the face. I wish I was with a different group of friends but to this day I ***** hate all things Boston.

Too bad you weren't hanging out with my friend that night...

2060970902_goonsquad.jpeg.13246ee81e2193deb96e06df13e95a49.jpeg

20 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

http://www.realclearlife.com/sports/super-bowl-champ-patriots-have-nfls-second-easiest-schedule-in-2019/

Thanks to the strength of their 2019 schedule, the road for the Patriots to advance to their third straight Super Bowl is going to be an easy one.

Based on strength of schedule rankings for each team, only the Washington Redskins have an easier path in 2019 than the Patriots.

The rankings are done by determining the combined winning percentage of a team’s 16 upcoming opponents based on their record from the previous year.

Inconceivable!!!

Waaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

This is a reflection of the divisions the AFC East is scheduled to face this year. This means that the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets should have easier schedules as well, with the major difference being that they have to face the Patriots, which automatically makes it harder for them.

There are huge changes in the Dynamics of good, bad, and average teams each year, though. Strength of schedule doesn't mean much.

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Don't the Bills and NE* play the same schedule except for two games where they play KC/Houston and the Bills play Denver/Tennessee?

:huh:

Yes, except the Bills play the Patriots and the Patriots play the Bills. Therefore they have an easier schedule. Facing a 6-10 team is easier than facing the defending Superbowl champions.

On 2/21/2019 at 5:43 AM, Your Brown Eye said:

Helps when you play in the AFC Least were the combined record of the other 3 teams were 17 -31.  But hey let's pretend it's it conspiracy.

Agreed.  We must locate and secure Gizele's Bills, Jets, and Dolphins Bobblehead Vudu Doll collection.  And piss in her drops that she gives Brady.

On 2/21/2019 at 7:39 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

On the Bright Side / Silver lining 

The Bills Schedule has to be pretty easy too.  

Take away the obvious 

Bills

Home: Ravens, Bengals, Broncos, Eagles, Redskins
Away: Browns, Steelers, Titans, Cowboys, Giants

Patriots

Home: Browns, Steelers, Chiefs, Cowboys, Giants
Away: Ravens, Bengals, Texans, Eagles, Redskins

That’s what I was thinking - except that we get the Titans and Broncos while they get the Chiefs and the Texans, aren’t our schedules identical? 

1 hour ago, The Senator said:

That’s what I was thinking - except that we get the Titans and Broncos while they get the Chiefs and the Texans, aren’t our schedules identical? 

yeah but combining what MJS said above and someone on Pg1 also alluded to — we have to play the SB Champions, and the Patriots don’t ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MJS said:

Yes, except the Bills play the Patriots and the Patriots play the Bills. Therefore they have an easier schedule. Facing a 6-10 team is easier than facing the defending Superbowl champions.

Yeah, I get the math, but if you re-read what you wrote it becomes pretty clear this 'easiest schedule' thing is one of the dumbest conversation topics of the year.

20 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Yeah, I get the math, but if you re-read what you wrote it becomes pretty clear this 'easiest schedule' thing is one of the dumbest conversation topics of the year.

I don't think it is dumb to talk about. I do think people need to realize that strength of schedule doesn't mean much.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 4:39 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

On the Bright Side / Silver lining 

The Bills Schedule has to be pretty easy too.  

Take away the obvious 

Bills

Home: Ravens, Bengals, Broncos, Eagles, Redskins
Away: Browns, Steelers, Titans, Cowboys, Giants

Patriots

Home: Browns, Steelers, Chiefs, Cowboys, Giants
Away: Ravens, Bengals, Texans, Eagles, Redskins

This is what I was thinking.  Their schedule is almost the same as ours except we play them instead of them playing us.  but they also have to play 2 division winners whereas we play 2 3rd place finishers.

Same goes for Fish and Jets.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

On 2/22/2019 at 12:42 PM, reddogblitz said:

This is what I was thinking.  Their schedule is almost the same as ours except we play them instead of them playing us.  but they also have to play 2 division winners whereas we play 2 3rd place finishers.

Same goes for Fish and Jets.

I love to find things to B word about the Cheatriots, but this isn't one of them.