Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2018-19: Sabres picking 7th overall (6/21/19). Ralph Krueger hire as new head coach!

BillsFan4

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

The Bills made the playoffs because of a fluke.  Should McD get a pass for that??   It was a cosmic joke, not great coaching.

The Sabres are in just as much of a rebuild, and how you can call this season a "regression" from 2017-18 (62 points, 0.378) is odd to me.   Aside from Skinner and Dahlin, the talent level hasn't gone up much at all.   They still have only 1-2 competent lines and 3-4 D-men.   The goaltending is a hair better, but not a lot.

Even assuming they went 0.500 during the ten game streak rather than win them all, they'd be at a 0.480 win % or 63 points--topping last year's entire season total with 17 games to go.   

You don’t see going from a .720 point clip for the first 25 games to a .400 pace since as a sign of regression? How about not being in able to win two in a row for 80 days?

You’ve sighted preseason predictions by the pundits as showing the Sabres are right where they were predicted to be and is a plus for Housley. Let’s say I buy that. Then what about last season’s predictions that had Housley leading us to a mid 80s to low 90s finish only to finish well below that with 62 for the season?

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Nope...was reported a while ago he was just going to take the rest of the season after he was fired to decompress and re-energize. My fervent hope is the JBOTs already has feelers out to him, and Houslety has not been pooped cannned cause he  knows Q is coming as soon as the season ends

JBotts flat out stated Housley is the coach moving forward to next year. You know, because he “communicates” with his players as he put it. I’ll take him at his word when he says he’s keeping Housley. 

Who knows, maybe the third year is the charm and the head coaching light suddenly flashes on for him.  

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

The Bills made the playoffs because of a fluke.  Should McD get a pass for that??   It was a cosmic joke, not great coaching.

The Sabres are in just as much of a rebuild, and how you can call this season a "regression" from 2017-18 (62 points, 0.378) is odd to me.   Aside from Skinner and Dahlin, the talent level hasn't gone up much at all.   They still have only 1-2 competent lines and 3-4 D-men.   The goaltending is a hair better, but not a lot.

Even assuming they went 0.500 during the ten game streak rather than win them all, they'd be at a 0.480 win % or 63 points--topping last year's entire season total with 17 games to go.   

Ok, we’re going to have to agree to disagree. If you’re saying Middlestadt, Ullmark, Okposo(sp?) Risto and a couple other young players you’ve mentioned  haven’t progressed their careers this season, to say NOTHING of off season acquisitions, we’re not going to be able to enlighten each other. The talent IS significantly better than the past 3 seasons, but there’s no consistent effort nor discipline.

I’ll stand by my belief that Housley sees the curb face first, with a Pegula shoe print on his azz as soon after this episode of ‘Who’s the worst franchise in the NHL’ is over. 

11 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Ok, we’re going to have to agree to disagree. If you’re saying Middlestadt, Ullmark, Okposo(sp?) Risto and a couple other young players you’ve mentioned  haven’t progressed their careers this season, to say NOTHING of off season acquisitions, we’re not going to be able to enlighten each other. The talent IS significantly better than the past 3 seasons, but there’s no consistent effort nor discipline.

I’ll stand by my belief that Housley sees the curb face first, with a Pegula shoe print on his azz as soon after this episode of ‘Who’s the worst franchise in the NHL’ is over. 

Can you really see Pegula doing that after JBott’s strong, unequivocal endorsement a couple weeks ago? As much as I’d like that to happen, I take Botterill at his word.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Can you really see Pegula doing that after JBott’s strong, unequivocal endorsement a couple weeks ago? As much as I’d like that to happen, I take Botterill at his word.

I can! - if following the 2 teams from their inception has any influence in my prognostications going forward. Yes, it’s a bad situation, changing coaching staffs every couple seasons (see AFCE), and typically takes at least 2 more seasons to see any significant improvement in direction, but yes!, this performance is unforgivable. I think it’s clearly evident Housley is way out of his League here.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

hey @JohnC , quick question and I am not doing this to be an arse..well not anymore than normal!!!

As you know, I am a firm believer winning breeds continuity, continuity does not breed winning.

Is there a coach out there in the last twenty years in any of the sports who finished next to last , or generally just awful , the last two seasons and then came back to win a playoff game/series? 

I just never see that happen...and the teams that stick with coaches for continuity sake always seem to fire before they ever have a winning season anyway, just took longer to get the fresh face in.

The one I will give you to start is Brett Brown for the 76's, but that is a unique situation over the last 6 years. 

You are misinformed. The Sabres don't have a losing record. Their current record is: 30-27-8. The Sabres were the worst team in hockey last year. They couldn't complete basic passes and were unwatchable. You may not recognize it because you are too consumed with your coaching bogeyman but this is a much improved team that will be 20 points plus better than last year. As I have repeatedly told K-9 to no avail every outside and local analyst predicted that this team, based on its roster talent, was going to be a fringe playoff contender. That's exactly where they are and what they are. 

You want a scapegoat for how this season has transpired. Your persistent and zealous assault on the coach for a team that is basically playing to its talent level in my opinion makes little sense. It not only doesn't address the core issue of the talent on the roster but if your bloodthirsty desire to dispatch the current coach were implemented it would create more havoc and instability in an already unstable organization. How many coaching and GM changes are you going to require before you realize that constant organizational turmoil is not a road to success but a road to persistent failure?

I have  often stated that the road to meaningful success if done right is going to take time. You simply can't handle that reality. I'm not a hometown cultish devotee who believes that everything the hometown team does is superlative. However, I'm not a morose and dour person like you who believes that everything that the hometown team does is wrong. Cheer up and be patient. This team and franchise is on course to be in the not too distant future reasonably successful. What you are advocating for not only doesn't help the cause but sets it back. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Mittlestadt has been a liability at this point in his physical development, as has Thompson.   Ullmark's 3.06 GAA is about the same as Lehner's 3.01 last year.     Okposo is in and out and has half the points he had last year (24 vs 44).   Risto is a hand grenade ready to blow at any time and his -31 +/- is already six points higher than the total for all of last year.   Sobotka is the worst hockey player I've ever seen and Larsson has the worst hands in NHL history.    McCabe isn't showing any progress and Pominville is another year slower.

It's a marginal lineup and wishful thinking won't make it any better.    The only real improvement has come from watching the core--Jack, Sam and Dahlin--get better and offer hope that Botts plan will work in 2020-21...

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

I'm willing to buy John C's patience with young players, but I want a coach I trust to bring championships.

I'm debating whether I should allow you on my bus or not. Is Housley the long-term coaching answer? I can't say for sure. What I can say is that it would be a ruinous mistake to make a coaching change for next season. In my opinion it would set this franchise back. 

Let's be accurate here in characterizing my position. Yes, I am advocating for patience with respect to the younger players on the roster and in the system. But that doesn't mean that the GM can't be aggressive in pursuing deals, such as the Skinner and Montour acquisitions, that will upgrade the roster. Not only do I expect that to happen this offseason but I will disappointed if it didn't happen.

What I can absolutely say for sure is that no matter how many tokens Plenzmd has I am not allowing that morose and dour personality be on my bus and be the buzzkill. That ain't going to happen! :ph34r:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

You are misinformed. The Sabres don't have a losing record. Their current record is: 30-27-8. The Sabres were the worst team in hockey last year. They couldn't complete basic passes and were unwatchable. You may not recognize it because you are too consumed with your coaching bogeyman but this is a much improved team that will be 20 points plus better than last year. As I have repeatedly told K-9 to no avail every outside and local analyst predicted that this team, based on its roster talent, was going to be a fringe playoff contender. That's exactly where they are and what they are. 

As I said earlier, those same outside and local analysts last year predicted the Sabres to finish in the mid 80s to low 90s. If Housley deserves praise for being where he was predicted to be this year, then why not criticism for the gross underachievement last year?

Much improved? Again, a total function of the fluke winning streak. Unless the .400 pace since and subsequent .022 improvement over last year satisfies the meaning of “much.” 

I see we are back up to the 20 point improvement benchmark. Gotta get 14 of the remaining 34 to get there. Meaning a slight improvement over their post streak pace of .400. If they don’t win back to back games for the first time in nearly three months, they will be hard pressed to get there. 

Edited by K-9

57 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I'm debating whether I should allow you on my bus or not. Is Housley the long-term coaching answer? I can't say for sure. What I can say is that it would be a ruinous mistake to make a coaching change for next season. In my opinion it would set this franchise back. 

Let's be accurate here in characterizing my position. Yes, I am advocating for patience with respect to the younger players on the roster and in the system. But that doesn't mean that the GM can't be aggressive in pursuing deals, such as the Skinner and Montour acquisitions, that will upgrade the roster. Not only do I expect that to happen this offseason but I will disappointed if it didn't happen.

What I can absolutely say for sure is that no matter how many tokens Plenzmd has I am not allowing that morose and dour personality be on my bus and be the buzzkill. That ain't going to happen! :ph34r:

what you cant do is point to a coach who has been successful with the same team after being dreadful for the first two years of his career. I am giving you 20 seasons, 4 major sports. 

I think you believe the platitude of "continuity of coaching"  breeds success.. I think that is akin to "defense wins championships"  in the NFL..and " team that hits more wins in the NHL" . It's an antiquated mode of thinking with no evidence to support it..and I do mean no evidence.

Show me 3 coaches, in any of the 4 major sports, that have lost as miserably as this coach has..that has gone on to win anything with that team. And by anything i might even give ya a winning season...but should be a playoff series/game win.

All I am saying is continuity is a result of a team winning..people love to say they win because they don't turn coacheds over..just show me one who lost early and turned it around with the same team

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

As I said earlier, those same outside and local analysts last year predicted the Sabres to finish in the mid 80s to low 90s. If Housley deserves praise for being where he was predicted to be this year, then why not criticism for the gross underachievement last year?

Much improved? Again, a total function of the fluke winning streak. Unless the .400 pace since and subsequent .200 improvement over last year satisfies the meaning of “much.” 

I see we are back up to the 20 point improvement benchmark. Gotta get 14 of the remaining 34 to get there. Meaning a slight improvement over their post streak pace of .400. If they don’t win back to back games for the first time in nearly three months, they will be hard pressed to get there. 

Will Ullmark, Dahlin, Mitts, Sage and Pilot be better next year? Because of the playing time they got this year I believe they will be. Are any of the Rochester players ready to move up to the NHL? I can't say for sure but I'm counting on one or two to make the jump. Will the GM make any deals to add talent to the roster? I'm counting on it because there are teams that are cap stretched and have to move players. 

As far as two years ago I just don't give a dam. There was a new coach introducing a new system to players who were learning to play it or simply not suited to his system. The roster was being reshaped from a slow and sluggish roster to a faster skating roster. Without question there is more to add. 

Although the Sabres are far from being a complete roster they have been competitive in most games. They have won a lot of games against more talented teams. That's a sign of progress, at least to me. In that ten game streak that you frequently allude to what that segment demonstrated is that the Sabres were involved in close one goal games for an extended period of time. Were we lucky to win all of them? Absolutely. 

Where you and I depart is probably not so much in the assessment of the roster but more over the perception of the progress. I see it more so than you. Is Housley going to be our long-term coach? I can't say. What I can say with confidence is that making another coaching change so quickly will prove to be more detrimental than helpful 

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

what you cant do is point to a coach who has been successful with the same team after being dreadful for the first two years of his career. I am giving you 20 seasons, 4 major sports. 

I think you believe the platitude of "continuity of coaching"  breeds success.. I think that is akin to "defense wins championships"  in the NFL..and " team that hits more wins in the NHL" . It's an antiquated mode of thinking with no evidence to support it..and I do mean no evidence.

Show me 3 coaches, in any of the 4 major sports, that have lost as miserably as this coach has..that has gone on to win anything with that team. And by anything i might even give ya a winning season...but should be a playoff series/game win.

All I am saying is continuity is a result of a team winning..people love to say they win because they don't turn coacheds over..just show me one who lost early and turned it around with the same team

John is right. 

We we should have stuck with Rolston. And all the subsequent change could have been avoided and we’d be a perennial cup contender by now. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

Will Ullmark, Dahlin, Mitts, Sage and Pilot be better next year? Because of the playing time they got this year I believe they will be. Are any of the Rochester players ready to move up to the NHL? I can't say for sure but I'm counting on one or two to make the jump. Will the GM make any deals to add talent to the roster? I'm counting on it because there are teams that are cap stretched and have to move players. 

As far as two years ago I just don't give a dam. There was a new coach introducing a new system to players who were learning to play it or simply not suited to his system. The roster was being reshaped from a slow and sluggish roster to a faster skating roster. Without question there is more to add. 

Although the Sabres are far from being a complete roster they have been competitive in most games. They have won a lot of games against more talented teams. That's a sign of progress, at least to me. In that ten game streak that you frequently allude to what that segment demonstrated is that the Sabres were involved in close one goal games for an extended period of time. Were we lucky to win all of them? Absolutely. 

Where you and I depart is probably not so much in the assessment of the roster but more over the perception of the progress. I see it more so than you. Is Housley going to be our long-term coach? I can't say. What I can say with confidence is that making another coaching change so quickly will prove to be more detrimental than helpful 

So, you don’t give a damn about where the analysts had us finishing last season, but you use their predictions for this year as some sort of validation for Housley? 

Anyone can see this team has Regressed with a capital R since November. And that for the vast majority of the season they have been .022 points percentage better than last year. That is not progress no matter how you slice it. 

Platitudes like “compete” and “play hard” and “I like our game” do NOTHING to sway anyone. Antectotes don’t suffice either. The only barometer that matters is points accumulated. And if you feel comfortable with a fluke streak being the SOLE reason why we have 68 points currently, more power to you. 

I see one of the worst teams in the league since November reverting to form. The trend overwhelmingly supports my view, sorry to say.  

Amd our coach just doesn’t seem to have any answers. No matter how well he, as Botterill spews, “communicates” with his players. 

I’ve had enough. Housley should be on the first plane out of town the day after the season ends. And I won’t spend another minute arguing the point with anyone trying to convince me he should stay when they can’t offer any tangible proof that he deserves to. 

Enjoy the the rest of the season. I sincerely hope we realize those 14 out of the next 34 points. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

So, you don’t give a damn about where the analysts had us finishing last season, but you use their predictions for this year as some sort of validation for Housley? 

Anyone can see this team has Regressed with a capital R since November. And that for the vast majority of the season they have been .022 points percentage better than last year. That is not progress no matter how you slice it. 

Platitudes like “compete” and “play hard” and “I like our game” do NOTHING to sway anyone. Antectotes don’t suffice either. The only barometer that matters is points accumulated. And if you feel comfortable with a fluke streak being the SOLE reason why we have 68 points currently, more power to you. 

I see one of the worst teams in the league since November reverting to form. The trend overwhelmingly supports my view, sorry to say.  

Amd our coach just doesn’t seem to have any answers. No matter how well he, as Botterill spews, “communicates” with his players. 

I’ve had enough. Housley should be on the first plane out of town the day after the season ends. And I won’t spend another minute arguing the point with anyone trying to convince me he should stay when they can’t offer any tangible proof that he deserves to. 

Enjoy the the rest of the season. I sincerely hope we realize those 14 out of the next 34 points. 

It doesn't matter what I think or you think. The GM is keeping him on for next year. That's the reality whether you like it or not. You can be offended by the retention and argue until you are exhausted that keeping him is foolhardy. It doesn't matter. He's staying in place and will be the coach next year. 

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

It doesn't matter what I think or you think. The GM is keeping him on for next year. That's the reality whether you like it or not. You can be offended by the retention and argue until you are exhausted that keeping him is foolhardy. It doesn't matter. He's staying in place and will be the coach next year. 

I’ve already conceded that he’s back next year. 

But thanks for giving me permission to dislike that or not. 

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I’ve already conceded that he’s back next year. 

But thanks for giving me permission to dislike that or not. 

You don't need my permission to like or dislike anything. You can dislike it all you want. You can be enraged with the coaching retention. How you handle it is your business that has absolutely nothing to do with me. I'm not displeased with Housley staying on and you are. Snow will still fall in western NY, regardless. Working yourself into a frenzy on this issue will not alter the reality. 

9 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You don't need my permission to like or dislike anything. You can dislike it all you want. You can be enraged with the coaching retention. How you handle it is your business that has absolutely nothing to do with me. I'm not displeased with Housley staying on and you are. Snow will still fall in western NY, regardless. Working yourself into a frenzy on this issue will not alter the reality. 

Dislike it entirely because it is proving to be a bad coaching hire night after night after night. 

Not worked up in the least. Laughable that you’d think so. 

Resignation is not the same as enraged.

I think I’m “handling” it just fine by commiserating with others who feel the same way. My mistake has been trying to “debate” his merits as a coach with his defenders who can’t offer anything but antecdotes and platitudes.

Displeased with Housley staying on, indeed. But resigned to the reality as stated previously. 

And just as sure as that snow will fall, Housley will continue to screw the pooch. 

8 hours ago, JohnC said:

Housley isn't sparkling behind the podium and neither is McDermott. Who really gives a dam? 

Just about every outside and local hockey analyst predicted before the season started that the Sabres would be where they currently reside. It's was based on their talent level. Some people blame the coach for what they consider an unexpected failure. I don't. When you have a deficit you work with your deficit. It's as simple as that. 

They are not getting better at all. They are getting worse.

9 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

They are not getting better at all. They are getting worse.

Check the record and compare it to last year. Your arithmetic is off. Your grade school teachers would be ashamed of your counting ability. 

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

Check the record and compare it to last year. Your arithmetic is off. Your grade school teachers would be ashamed of your counting ability. 

You knew what I meant because it was very clear.  As this season goes along they are getting worse than they were earlier in the year.  Is that even debatable?  It isn't just the record or the team as a whole; it is also many of the individual players.  How you look at that and see a team on the rise is befuddling.

21 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

You knew what I meant because it was very clear.  As this season goes along they are getting worse than they were earlier in the year.  Is that even debatable?  It isn't just the record or the team as a whole; it is also many of the individual players.  How you look at that and see a team on the rise is befuddling.

C’mon now. A team that started 17-6-2  by November 27th and is 13-21-6 since is the very definition of a team on the rise. 

9 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

McCabe done for the year, it looks like. 

Sucks for McCabe but he should be back in time for the playoffs. 

In the meantime, can anyone explain why we need to see more Hunwick paired with Scandella? Casey Nelson has been healthy for a while now. 

9 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

As many have been saying over the last years, if you arent making the playoffs, you have to tank for a better draft choice.......

Time for the fans to start cheering opposing teams goals again......

and as awful as this sounds, getting so bad the coach HAS to be switched out

18 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I can! - if following the 2 teams from their inception has any influence in my prognostications going forward. Yes, it’s a bad situation, changing coaching staffs every couple seasons (see AFCE), and typically takes at least 2 more seasons to see any significant improvement in direction, but yes!, this performance is unforgivable. I think it’s clearly evident Housley is way out of his League here.

Maybe in football...but not in hockey. St Loius was last in the NHL and had players fighting in practice, change the coach and now they hottest team in the NHL.

Philly was prolly 16 points back of Sabres when they fired Hackstal, they have now passed the Sabres.

Damn, was it Lou who fired a coach 6 games before the playoffs and won a cup?

Our own Danny Blysma was brought into a Penquin team that was out of a playoff spot in mid year, and went on to win a Cup that same year.

It happens all the time in hockey....continuity means zero..and i do mean zippo..in hockey. Coaches stay cause they win, and they win early. Again, no one can point to even one coach being as bad as Housley( @JohnC will claim they have a winning record, I say 16th and 13th place finishes out of 16 means you stink)and then making the playoffs in some out year..in any of the sports, not just hockey, in the last twenty years( tank teams excluded). 

There is not one shred, and I do mean not one, of evidence that continuity moves a losing team into a winning one. It's old, stinking thinking...and I am willing to bet Housley gets fired before he ever sees a playoff game as a Sabre head coach...I don't care if they get  Breadman Skinner, and Duchene in FA....this guy t flat out can't coach an NHL team

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Maybe in football...but not in hockey. St Loius was last in the NHL and had players fighting in practice, change the coach and now they hottest team in the NHL.

Philly was prolly 16 points back of Sabres when they fired Hackstal, they have now passed the Sabres.

Damn, was it Lou who fired a coach 6 games before the playoffs and won a cup?

Our own Danny Blysma was brought into a Penquin team that was out of a playoff spot in mid year, and went on to win a Cup that same year.

It happens all the time in hockey....continuity means zero..and i do mean zippo..in hockey. Coaches stay cause they win, and they win early. Again, no one can point to even one coach being as bad as Housley( @JohnC will claim they have a winning record, I say 16th and 13th place finishes out of 16 means you stink)and then making the playoffs in some out year..in any of the sports, not just hockey, in the last twenty years( tank teams excluded). 

There is not one shred, and I do mean not one, of evidence that continuity moves a losing team into a winning one. It's old, stinking thinking...and I am willing to bet Housley gets fired before he ever sees a playoff game as a Sabre head coach...I don't care if they get  Breadman Skinner, and Duchene in FA....this guy t flat out can't coach an NHL team

Can I get a witness-a!

Don't know about you, but I’m looking forward to seeing more of the scintillating Scandella/Hunwick pairing on D. 

Housely’s management of the forward lines continues to indicate just how clueless he is, too. 

Sam needs his own line and I’d like to see him with ERod and Mitts. 

And what is Thompson doing on a defensive line? Okposo needs to stay with Girgs and Larry; they are a force when playing together as everyone but Housley, apparently, has seen. 

Send Thompson to the A where he belongs and bring up a prospect we need to take a good look at and give him top 6 minutes for the rest of the year. He can return to Roch after our season is over. 

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

and as awful as this sounds, getting so bad the coach HAS to be switched out

This is where I am now.  I've been there for a while.

More long term good can come from losses at this point.

Better draft position, but more importantly, closing out the year in ugly fashion, if it seals the deal on the firing of Housley, would definitely move the organization further down the road, faster.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

More long term good can come from losses at this point.

For how many more years will Sabres fans have to be resigned to this?   

We are already past two iterations of "losing is good for the franchise"

15 minutes ago, GG said:

The third time is a charm?

I sure hope for a better showing tonight than that 7-2 disaster the last time they played the Oilers. 

Adding insult to injury, Lucic even scored 2 goals in that game. He only had 2 goals the entire 2018 calendar year.  That 2 goal night against Buffalo accounts for something like 40% of his goals in the last 70+ games.  Kassian scored 2 as well. At the time he had gone 40+ games without a goal. Longest drought of his career. 

I cant take another brutal loss to Edmonton. lol 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I sure hope for a better showing tonight than that 7-2 disaster the last time they played the Oilers. 

Adding insult to injury, Lucic even scored 2 goals in that game. He only had 2 goals the entire 2018 calendar year.  That 2 goal night against Buffalo accounts for something like 40% of his goals in the last 70+ games.  Kassian scored 2 as well. At the time he had gone 40+ games without a goal. Longest drought of his career. 

I cant take another brutal loss to Edmonton. lol 

I can..maybe even an embarrassing 6-2 loss, with it 6-1 going into the third..and Housley saying he liked the pushback in the third..look we outshot the Oilers 16-3 in third....that's the sign of a resilient team

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I can..maybe even an embarrassing 6-2 loss, with it 6-1 going into the third..and Housley saying he liked the pushback in the third..look we outshot the Oilers 16-3 in third....that's the sign of a resilient team

That would be even funnier if it wasn’t so pitiful that Housley would offer up that EXACT kind of crap. He says something like that nearly every time after a loss. 

Darn, there I go again, thinking what what coaches say ALL THE TIME might actually offer an insight into his intellect. I’ve been told that whatever coaches say to the media shouldn’t be listened to. 

Edited by K-9

1 hour ago, GG said:

That's a great question!  It doesn't help that Pegula is clueless as a sports owner and put the wrong people in place to begin this rebuild.  We are now onto the Rebuild Phase II, which explains why we are still where we're at. 

Botterill then completely botched the ROR trade which will set the team back 2 or 3 years IMO.  He gave away maybe the best player on the team (at the moment) and the true 2C this team desperately needs in exchange for nothing.  That sort of mistake is not easily recovered from. 

So as long as it has been, we are still in the early stages.