Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2018-19: Sabres picking 7th overall (6/21/19). Ralph Krueger hire as new head coach!

BillsFan4

35 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I guess this is the major disconnect between so many of us...I don't think it a bad team....i think its an awful coach

We’ve got a top line, a decent mucker line, and a bunch of bottom six forwards. And out D corps is over rated to say the least. So, we need an infusion of talent. 

Thst said, our coach can’t seem to get his message through as we are seeing the same mistakes every night. A coach that can’t impart his message, is not a good coach. It’s been like that since he arrived. 

I’ve asked the question to anyone willing to answer it: what qualities has Housley shown to suggest he’s a good coach. Those qualities can be seen regardless of talent level. I got nothing. 

sooo, is this the straw? Do they ride it out with Housley?

Can one honestly think they respond to Housley next year after quitting on him????? Has that ever happened?

getting outclassed 3 games in a row to teams that one might say are trying to lose...and I am supposed to believe this is progress?

Just me, or does anyone think Housley has quit on the team? I think he is fed up, and wants a mercy killing

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

Sobotka! You can’t stop him. You can only hope to contain him. He’s a threat from anywhere every 40 games or so. 

How do you spell juggernaut! 

Can’t wait to hear what coach offers up after this laugher. 

Stay the course. He’s got this team on the right trajectory. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11-18-5 since the streak. 27 out of a possible 68 points. A .397 pace. And getting worse. 

If this keep up, and there’s no reason to think it won’t, it will be a collapse of epic proportions; history making in the life of this franchise. That is untenable for ANY head coach, let alone a clueless one. 

Housley will be gone at the end of the year if it doesn’t turn around in the next couple weeks. And he has shown ZERO answers for this group. None. That simple. 

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Marty smashing Housley post game...you lose Marty..a Sabre employee...put the poor dude out of his misery. Housley is becoming sympathetic figure now, I actually feel sorry for him

If RJ goes anti-Housley, we’ll see a new coach within 48 hours. 

• Like (+1) 1

I have never seen a team this soft when it matters. I hold my breath at the end and beginning of every period.  If they give up a goal you can bet they'll give up another one shortly thereafter.  They fade as the game goes on which is amazing given the age of this team.  What a waste of time that was.

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Marty smashing Housley post game...you lose Marty..a Sabre employee...put the poor dude out of his misery. Housley is becoming sympathetic figure now, I actually feel sorry for him

I've read comments in a couple different places now talking about Marty's comments in the post game show.

I had the Florida broadcast and did not see Marty.

Can you give me some detail of what he said?  

I want Housley gone as much as the next guy, but it’s yet another coach our ultra soft core quit on.

Really sad state. Looking back I don’t understand the winning streak whatsoever, so out of character when we’ve seen a mentally weak team play for so many years now. Couple really nice pieces, but just not enough.

Is JB the right guy to scrub the roster, I don’t know yet.

Edited by Rockpile233

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I've read comments in a couple different places now talking about Marty's comments in the post game show.

I had the Florida broadcast and did not see Marty.

Can you give me some detail of what he said?  

in essence, said a coach needs to be direct and straightforward with players when they are screwing up, not all positive and sugarcoating things as it seems Housley does. I took as it as implying Housley is being a "players coach" , is soft with his players, and it is reflected on the ice.

In Housley defense, PHam consistently says Housley is one demeanor  in front of the cameras and press, and another when the cameras and press go away.

8 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I have never seen a team this soft when it matters. I hold my breath at the end and beginning of every period.  If they give up a goal you can bet they'll give up another one shortly thereafter.  They fade as the game goes on which is amazing given the age of this team.  What a waste of time that was.

I've never seen it, but that's because I stopped watching these games probably about a month ago.  The game in Raleigh was my final straw.  Football as a whole lost me maybe 5-6 years ago and I'm starting to get to the point where I worry that hockey will do the same.  I'm too tied into one team and that will never change.  The prolonged period of suck has made it very easy for me to just throw something else on tv instead of wasting my time.

9 minutes ago, The Senator said:

I usually wait until after the Bills season ends before I focus on the Sabres.

Now,  after only a month or so of focusing on the Sabres, I am focused on the NFL combine, the draft, OTAs, etc.

Put a fork in the Sabres - they’re done.

they were done at Christmas, now they are burnt beyond recognition.

I am absolutely hate watching now..seeing how far and how bad they can get before something, anything, is done