Don't be surprised if Josh Jacobs is the first round target for McBeane.

njbuff

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

My issue though is you aren’t basing that on anything. I’m giving you multiple reasons as to why it’s possible. The scouting community being high on him and the history of Beane’s mentors dictate that it’s possible. The Bills RB is coming off of his worst season, has a big cap number and Ian on the last 3 holes of his career. The Bills lack playmakers all over the field. A 3 down back that blocks and is a high level receiver is certainly appealing to them. This holds especially true when the Bills OC was his OC in college. That’s a LOT of reasons to believe that it could happen. 

I think I’m the only one who actually wants this to happen - but I feel I will be let down again on a RB. I think Sean call the shots and they have used zero draft capital on a RB the last 2 years. It’s excruciating. I don’t understand why they won’t draft one. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think I’m the only one who actually wants this to happen - but I feel I will be let down again on a RB. I think Sean call the shots and they have used zero draft capital on a RB the last 2 years. It’s excruciating. I don’t understand why they won’t draft one. 

I like the player but don’t want him in the 1st. He’s going to be a good pro though. I still lean towards the front 7 which is where the talent is IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

My issue though is you aren’t basing that on anything. I’m giving you multiple reasons as to why it’s possible. The scouting community being high on him and the history of Beane’s mentors dictate that it’s possible. The Bills RB is coming off of his worst season, has a big cap number and is on the last 3 holes of his career. The Bills lack playmakers all over the field. A 3 down back that blocks and is a high level receiver is certainly appealing to them. This holds especially true when the Bills OC was his OC in college. That’s a LOT of reasons to believe that it could happen. 

Not saying that at all. I’m on record as saying I’d draft a defensive player in the top 10 because I believe that’s where the top end talent is. If you read what I wrote (which you never do) there are a lot of reasons to believe it is possible. See the previous post...

Fair enough and sometimes I do move backwards after my first post in a thread so sorry.  I dont get where people are getting that RB is a high priority.  Beane clearly blames a lot of the woes on the line play.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

My issue though is you aren’t basing that on anything. I’m giving you multiple reasons as to why it’s possible. The scouting community being high on him and the history ofBeane’s mentors dictate that it’s possible. The Bills RB is coming off of his worst season, has a big cap number and Ian on the last 3 holes of his career. The Bills lack playmakers all over the field. A 3 down back that blocks and is a high level receiver is certainly appealing to them. This holds especially true when the Bills OC was his OC in college. That’s a LOT of reasons to believe that it could happen. 

Why would we draft a top shelf back in the first round when we could get a top shelf back in the second round. This is a position, more than any other position, where you can still select a high yield back at a lower round. I'm not arguing that we don't need a back. In fact, I have advocated for it. But from the Bills perspective I still see it as being very improbable. If you want to argue possible, then so be it. But I just don't see it rising to the level of being reasonably probable.  

It's still early in the draft process. I'm not denying that he isn't a terrific prospect. But I still have some doubt that he will be rated in the top ten when the evaluation comes close to concluding. Let's just wait and see how this shakes out.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I like the player but don’t want him in the 1st. He’s going to be a good pro though. I still lean towards the front 7 which is where the talent is IMO.

I honestly don’t care which position they take in the 1st. Just take a good player. They need everything. If he’s BPA I would take him, no issue for me. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Fair enough and sometimes I do move backwards after my first post in a thread so sorry.  I dont get where people are getting that RB is a high priority.  Beane clearly blames a lot of the woes on the line play.

And I agree that the OL is a much bigger problem. If they add 2 or 3 starters in FA (which is possible to likely IMO) it becomes less of a need. They’ll still draft a guy or 2 there but their hand won’t be forced. 

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Because they have McCoy.  I will drip a load if they take one in the first.  I do believe they take one in the 3rd-5th round though.  You need to understand that E/P offense does normally use 1featured back.  When is the last time NE took a RB high in the draft.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I am a huge jacobs fan. I would prefer we got him in rd 2 or even a trade down but that might not be possible. But Ill go on record with you that i would be happy if we drafted him.  The kid does it all. He seems like the type of back that mcbeane would fall in love with. If hes bpa why not. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

Just now, formerlyofCtown said:

Because they have McCoy.  I will drip a load if they take one in the first.  I do believe they take one in the 3rd-5th round though.  You need to understand that E/P offense does normally use 1featured back.  When is the last time NE took a RB high in the draft.

They took one in the first last year

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Sony Michel, 8 months ago. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

And I agree that the OL is a much bigger problem. If they add 2 or 3 starters in FA (which is possible to likely IMO) it becomes less of a need. They’ll still draft a guy or 2 there but their hand won’t be forced. 

I really do wonder if they will make a play for Bell or Hunt if they cant get the OL they want in FA.  We would have one hell of a 1,2 punch or a punch and a kick if its Hunt.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Really? Not even sure if he will be here one more year let alone 5, the life of the rookie’s contract 

Just now, formerlyofCtown said:

I really do wonder if they will make a play for Bell or Hunt if they cant get the OL they want in FA.  We would have one hell of a 1,2 punch or a punch and a kick if its Hunt.

I HATE that I am on the Kareem Hunt train but I think I’m there at this point. He won’t be expensive, is productive, young, versatile and presumably hungry. Hopefully he learned his lesson. I’m hoping that they sign him (ducks for cover)