What’s your most Controversial opinion?

Juror#8

Just now, KD in CA said:

The snowflakes usually melt very quickly over there.  

they melt down and that's why I stay away.   :D

No one person can agree with every one else, so we should all agree to disagree when it comes to that. 

What drives people away form the PPP is the hostility received because you have a different opinion.  If a person has to resort to name calling and insulting then they've already lost your argument. 

Yeah, I "pick" on Don.  But I pick on the man and the stupid stuff he says. 

I (may) also state that people who believe Don to be truthful and honest are sorely mistaken.  That's my opinion and I'll stick to it. 

and this doesn't mean I believe all Democrats are saints 

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:01 PM, arcane said:

If you have a strong opinion, but can't spend years reflecting, researching, and trying to understand every nuance about it, you don't understand the issue enough to justify how strongly you feel about it. ie, I know friends and family that have terminated relationships over things they actually know next to nothing about. 

How many years have you spent researching your criteria for having strong opinion?  Show me the empirical evidence which supports your opinion on strong opinions.

Marijuana causes autism.

15 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

they melt down and that's why I stay away.   :D

No one person can agree with every one else, so we should all agree to disagree when it comes to that. 

What drives people away form the PPP is the hostility received because you have a different opinion.  If a person has to resort to name calling and insulting then they've already lost your argument. 

Yeah, I "pick" on Don.  But I pick on the man and the stupid stuff he says. 

I (may) also state that people who believe Don to be truthful and honest are sorely mistaken.  That's my opinion and I'll stick to it. 

and this doesn't mean I believe all Democrats are saints 

Few are treated with hostility for expressing different opinions.  Many are treated with hostility for expressing simpleton sound bites without displaying the ability to provide a rational argument. 

Picking on Don is fine and there's no shortage of material there.  And while you say you don't consider all Democrats 'saints' or kowtow to the left, you don't even seem to be appreciating the ironic hilarity of a so-called 'progressive' Governor showing up in pictures wearing KKK hoods and blackface after running a campaign largely based on painting his opponent as a racist. 

39 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

How many years have you spent researching your criteria for having strong opinion?  Show me the empirical evidence which supports your opinion on strong opinions.

Marijuana causes autism.

Immunizations cause marijuana use....which causes autism.  I have strong empirical evidence based on minutes of research.

4 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I was nine years old when this happened. I watched in on one of those portable black and white TVs because my babysitter and brother took up the other two. I literally haven't watched it since.

That said, his foot was over the line, it was a forward lateral, dead ball, Bud Adams can kiss my ass. 

Bud Adams is dead.  Let's take it easy here with the necrophilia stuff... This is a family board!

LoL...

?

13 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Immunizations cause marijuana use....which causes autism.  I have strong empirical evidence based on minutes of research.

Was a ouija board involved? Or.....maybe a bong?  If you don’t remember, it might have been the latter. 

13 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Ralph Northram claims to have done some moonwalking

He should be cleared of all accusations if he would have moon walked and done his Michael Jackson dance contest routine during his press conference........

The majority of what people are being accused of as being 'blackface' is not actually blackface. (That photo where he is next to the KKK costume appears like blackface though). If using brown makeup on your face to dress in a costume or character is blackface and offensive to blacks, then it should also not be tolerated when someone black wears white makeup to dress in a costume or character. There should be similar outrage against the Wayans brothers (White Chicks movie) and Chapelle when he did it on his show. You are claiming it to be so offensive to you, and yet its then ok for you to do something similar to others. True blackface was when white performers would use black shoe polish to darken their skin exaggerating the darkness of it, and exaggerating the facial features by having huge red lips, etc. In most of the cases of people being accused of wearing brown makeup, they were also not doing it to mock or offend, they were doing it to make a costume more realistic/believable.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The office thread reminded me of one...

Seinfeld is terrible.  They are all so damn whiny and entitled I don't get why them being ***** people is funny.

Another one:

Anyone who is opposed to medicare for all is an idiot.  That might be too strong.  Anyone opposed to medicare for all has likely done no research on the subject and just buys the spin of higher taxes without thinking more about it.  We are supposed to be the greatest country in the world but we can't even take care of ourselves.  Lose your job?  You have also lost your health insurance - hope you are lucky and don't get sick.  Have a job, get an illness that takes you out longer than 12 weeks?  No job and therefore no insurance sucks to be you.  Baby boomers should be pushing hard for this as they will be the ones needing it very soon and yet they don't.  Yes your taxes will go up but you won't have to pay insurance premiums anymore.  People care more about their right to bear arms than people having the right to healthcare.  This boggles my mind.  Wait section122 The US is the leader in research for medicine.  Cool, if we have universal healthcare they would no longer have to spend huge sums of money on advertising and could put that into R&D.

Here is a quick article about how the US is the only country in the top 50 most developed nations to not offer it.

http://factmyth.com/factoids/the-us-is-the-only-very-highly-developed-country-without-universal-healthcare/

• Like (+1) 2