What’s your most Controversial opinion?

Juror#8

On 1/20/2019 at 3:41 PM, That's No Moon said:

Hero worship of the military is not a positive thing for a democracy. There are bad people in the services just like there are bad people in every other profession, including mine.

Also, Buffalo sports fans highly overrate themselves.

Buffalo sports fans are dumb en masse, like all other fans, but they're juuuuuuuust passionate and smart enough to think they're intellectuals, which makes them far more annoying than groups of other sports fans on forums. 

I stress that this is a group property, and that it'd be dangerous to project that exact behavior to any individual fan you meet online or in person. 

If you have a strong opinion, but can't spend years reflecting, researching, and trying to understand every nuance about it, you don't understand the issue enough to justify how strongly you feel about it. ie, I know friends and family that have terminated relationships over things they actually know next to nothing about. 

I quote myself "I hope their plane crashes on the way to the super bowl" I realize its a statement and not an opinion. I recently posted this and was unfairly reprimanded (as others threatened violence in a thread that asked about how much u hate the cheatriots). I like to think I won that thread if my comment wasn't removed.

20 minutes ago, MBGA said:

I quote myself "I hope their plane crashes on the way to the super bowl" I realize its a statement and not an opinion. I recently posted this and was unfairly reprimanded (as others threatened violence in a thread that asked about how much u hate the cheatriots). I like to think I won that thread if my comment wasn't removed.

It's a stupid statement and whatever the reprimand was it's probably not unfair.  Maybe inconsistent, because I got dinged on something I thought was par for the course as well. Someone probably reported you.

5 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I'm pretty pro Second Amendment, but I believe there should be restrictions on Canadians.

Not because I'm afraid of the guns, but I don't just don't trust Canadians with anything more dangerous than a Pez Dispenser

Where do Canadiens fit into the equation?Do we need to build a wall at the Quebec border?

4 hours ago, MBGA said:

I thought LimeAid made that statement.  Are you admitting to making multiple user accounts?

And if you hope any plane, with any human beings on it, crashes ..... well .... you're a special kind of sick.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I'm pretty pro Second Amendment, but I believe there should be restrictions on Canadians.

Not because I'm afraid of the guns, but I don't just don't trust Canadians with anything more dangerous than a Pez Dispenser

Reminded me of a comic bit from the 80's. If you don't have 5 minutes to kill just fast forward to 4:10 ("on a good day our Salvation Army could kick their @ss")

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nervous Guy said:

Global warming is fake news

Global warming is fact not fake. What is debatable is if it is due to natural or man made phenomenon. Weather patterns have always changed. Ice ages for example. For those in the Rochester area, Lake Ontario used to extend to Ridge Road (read it on the world wide web so it must be true.) Back to natural vs man made, really I don't know, don't think anyone knows for sure. My guess is it is due to both. But even if man-made phenomenon has nothing to do with it, would it hurt to be less wasteful or decrease one's carbon footprint?

17 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Global warming is fact not fake. What is debatable is if it is due to natural or man made phenomenon. Weather patterns have always changed. Ice ages for example. For those in the Rochester area, Lake Ontario used to extend to Ridge Road (read it on the world wide web so it must be true.) Back to natural vs man made, really I don't know, don't think anyone knows for sure. My guess is it is due to both. But even if man-made phenomenon has nothing to do with it, would it hurt to be less wasteful or decrease one's carbon footprint?

i agree with this statement and bolded the key point.   my opinion is the human factor is negligible compared to the solar and geothermal, and that reducing one's carbon footprint is up to the individual, not enforced by a central authority

• Like (+1) 2