Sean McDermott’s Current Approval Rating

Sean McDermott’s Current Approval Rating  

366 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Approve Sean McDermott As Bills HC?

• Yes, I approve
    • No, I don’t approve

8 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

The part I under line, is my biggest thing about Allen...people on this board refuse to believe nobody really wanted Allen during pre draft evaluations. 

He's won me over, I will admit... but it's that anyone can argue that he was a highly touted prospect coming into the draft. See I don't fake my feelings & if I'm wrong I will admit it...

There's literally a YouTube videos of Fans pissed off with the Allen pick! Check it out cause I was one of them ???

I hated the Allen pick the moment it was made and literally thought they were going to announce JOSH......ROSEN.

When it was "ALLEN" my brain almost stopped working for a millisecond like "What? Is this a mistake?"

Josh's will to win and leadership are obvious and I cheer for him on an individual basis, but his QB play has far from won me over.  

Next year will decide if he stays long term in WNY or doesn't, and both remain viable possibilities at this time.

16 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I hated the Allen pick the moment it was made and literally thought they were going to announce JOSH......ROSEN.

When it was "ALLEN" my brain almost stopped working for a millisecond like "What? Is this a mistake?"

Josh's will to win and leadership are obvious and I cheer for him on an individual basis, but his QB play has far from won me over.  

Next year will decide if he stays long term in WNY or doesn't, and both remain viable possibilities at this time.

This year has already decided that. He's here for the long haul. You're a fool if you think other wise.

Edited by pop gun
  • Like (+1) 1

It’s amazing how Football isn’t critiqued as a team sport when we are losing. It is most certainly a team sport when we win..teammate talent levels either make or kill their team mates. Allen’s judged by incompletions that hit a receiver in the hands..somehow it’s Josh’s fault they can’t catch..

Same as coaching. Does anyone think Anthony Lynn would have won anything here, but when he has that defensive talent combined with Rivers, suddenly, he is great.. 

Please...Give these guys the patience they deserve to build a team. That are doing great so far. Dead money is gone, we have a great franchise QB prospect and things are coming together. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Geez bud, please tell me more about the facts you are presenting. Kyle missed a game in 2014, so it wasn't just 1 season where he missed games. Then he missed 10 games in 2015. Then he missed another game in 2016. He also had nagging back injuries and ankle injuries. But please keep presenting more facts. He also missed 11 games in 2011. And guess what, it's football, injuries happen. 

Again, you've said oft injured, I'm aware what that means btw... that Glenn was constantly struggling with the ankle and back issues, yet he played every single game for 3 straight seasons. Something Kyle Williams never did. 

You've not presented any facts. Show me the facts that he was constantly dealing with injuries that made him oft injured. Actually show me any player that isn't dealing with some sort of injury. It's such a cop out. 

Dude Glenn had issues that affected his play every season.  KW was one of the best in the NFL every year regardless of any minor injuries Glenn had foot issues.

KW played in 89% of the games in his career.

CG played in 81% and played a lot of games with a bad foot that greatly hindered hisblevel of play.

Its easy to try and argue the number of games missed when KW played 6 more seasons than CG, thats almost double the games 96 games more 

Youre one of those guys someone ask you what color money is and you say red cuz you dont know any better but when they show you its green you still insist its red.  Done talkin to ya.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Dude Glenn had issues that affected his play every season.  KW was one of the best in the NFL every year regardless of any minor injuries Glenn had foot issues.

CG played in 81% and played a lot of games with a bad foot that greatly hindered hisblevel of play.

Youre one of those guys someone ask you what color money is and you say red cuz you dont know any better but when they show you its green you still insist its red.  Done talkin to ya.

Cool story bud.

Bye Felicia, thanks for no facts!

2 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Which doesn't prove anything... a coach making a stupid decision to sign Peterman doesn't make it smart or prove he's good. The same organization signed EJ after we released him...

First year head coaches make mistakes all the time... & get blasted for it...McDermott isnt the exception. But as I laid out, it's not just one thing... McDermott isn't perfect & I love the risky moves but some of his risk isn't as calculated as he suggests. Some moves were just flat out stupid & shouldn't have been made

Whatever dude the problem is you think we  were suppose to be chasing after a SuperBowl we werent he took the opportunity to evaluate a player who appeared to be the better option because he plays exstremely wellin practice and preseason.  HE JUST CANT HANDLE THE PRESSURE OR SCHEMES OF A REGULAR SEASON GAME.  The only way to see that is to have him play in the regular season.  He also gave him another opportunity, when it was clear that he wasnt going to overcome that here he cut him.

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

50/50.

Dont approve yet but don’t want him gone yet either.

Next year should tell us a lot more

Thats the thing about this poll.  You actually have to take a stand.  If there was an undecided option, my guess is that most people would select it

23 minutes ago, George C said:

It’s amazing how Football isn’t critiqued as a team sport when we are losing. It is most certainly a team sport when we win..teammate talent levels either make or kill their team mates. Allen’s judged by incompletions that hit a receiver in the hands..somehow it’s Josh’s fault they can’t catch..

Same as coaching. Does anyone think Anthony Lynn would have won anything here, but when he has that defensive talent combined with Rivers, suddenly, he is great.. 

Please...Give these guys the patience they deserve to build a team. That are doing great so far. Dead money is gone, we have a great franchise QB prospect and things are coming together. 

Great post and extremely accurate; you must be new on TBD as you have yet to encounter the "fire everybody gang!"

24 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Its easy to try and argue the number of games missed when KW played 6 more seasons than CG, thats almost double the games 96 games more 

What exactly are you trying to say - I don't have clue!!!!! 

4 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Thats the thing about this poll.  You actually have to take a stand.  If there was an undecided option, my guess is that most people would select it

Fair enough.

If I had to say yes or no I would say no then.

But I am not saying fire him now or anything like that. 

4 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Nate didn't fool everyone... after throwing 5 picks... it was nothing to be fool by. Preseason doesn't mean squat...WHY? Because it's the preseason...if your telling me McBeane was fooled by Nathan Peterman preseason games....then they shouldn't be in charge anymore!

That's my point... & posters that was talking that Nathan's #1 crap... I didn't let that fly over my head. ?

Well, you are just amazing!

Cautious optimism.  He seems too conservative for my liking but you can say that for more than half of the HCs in the NFL.  He does seem to motivate well and has a knack for getting the most out of players who are fringe NFLers.  I will admit I was down on him for most of this year but we'll see how he does with a (hopefully, vastly) improved roster.

I will venture this:  in two offseasons, with considerable churn/jettisoning of non-process players... he's broken down and (partially) rebuilt a quality defense.  Run defense not-withstanding, it seems to be the makings of a "modern NFL" defense (stop the pass).  I wouldn't say elite, please don't hate, but it definitely has the potential.

Credit can be shared, but despite my criticism/skepticism of McBeane they have to get some kudos for:  White, Milano, Dawkins (whether guard or tackle I still think he's a piece), Zay (whether a good 2 or 3, the potential is there), Allen, Edmunds, Philips, T Johnson, Wallace, Foster, (maybe) Teller.  They lose marks for the some misses as well, and some true head smackers (Nate Dog) but especially on defense, they've built a solid core.  Not all of those guys will be pro-bowlers but from limited evaluation, they seem at least like good, young, core pieces moving forward.  Keep building out the rest.

I'm probably drinking a little process kool aid here but for two seasons, this seems different than what I've seen before.  My memory is probably fading with age.

I'm very surprised (stunned actually) to see over 90% in approval, but I think recency bias from the last game has a lot to do with that number.

I honestly don't think I've ever seen a season where the Chicken Littles cried so much.

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

According to this thread and poll, most are in on McD, not the other way around.  Its fine either way, just saying your phrasing here seems inaccurate.

Not just saying this board lol... haven't based it off this poll either

On 1/5/2019 at 6:29 PM, Boca BIlls said:

Who cares,  season is over and the Bill's have a top 10 pick. They wouldnt have gone anywhere but a worse draft pick if they did it any different.  I am glad they screwed up the QB position b.c it lead to a top 10 pick, and allowed Allen to play which was most important. 

Okaaay. But we're evaluating a head coach then we should care if he screwed up as much as he did no? Hue Jackson got several 1st the response by management shouldn't be "who cares we got a greaaat pick"

I'm okay with sticking with McD for his defensive ability.. in the secondary. He seems to be a good motivator which I think is a coach's most important attribute. And I don't really see any available coaches that strike me.. but he has his faults leading to a monumental screw up of weeks 1-8 and "who cares if we stunk it up we gotta top ten pick" is NOT how management should remember his screwups from this season lol. That's just ignoring incompetence because losing gives you literally one positive in draft position.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Nate didn't fool everyone... after throwing 5 picks... it was nothing to be fool by. Preseason doesn't mean squat...WHY? Because it's the preseason...if your telling me McBeane was fooled by Nathan Peterman preseason games....then they shouldn't be in charge anymore!

That's my point... & posters that was talking that Nathan's #1 crap... I didn't let that fly over my head. ?

Peterman fooled a lot of us so it's not McDermott's fault. That's a doozy I wouldn't want to admit to any casual fan lmao. If I got "fooled" by Peterman's sublime performances i'd keep that to myself :)

i hope McDermott's coaching buds around the NFL let him know how stupid he had to be to get fooled BECAUSE NO COACH SHOULD BE FOOLED BY A QUARTERBACK.. wtf guys hahaha.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Thank you (+1) 1