[Name Only Title] Dwayne Haskins...

DefenseWins

7 minutes ago, Rhode Island Red said:

Didn’t mean to apply “exhilarating” to your posting prowess, just a touch of brain scramble. Apologies for sounding over the top. 

Never seen a film breakdown with that level of detail from any player, much less the actual QB; and the latest stop-action / highlight tech, too. That was the fun part. So much more interesting than an All22 with a commentator trying to guess what the play call was. 

Yep he’s very cerebral. Just thought it was interesting, because it seems that many people don’t know a lot about him and drawing some uninformed conclusions based on ... what, I’m not exactly sure. Anyway, Bills won’t be taking a qb so it’s moot.  But I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up in our division. Miami needs a qb.

Edited by YoloinOhio

23 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Respect your opinion but don’t really understand the viewpoint, it seems very narrow and un-informed about the transformation that has occurred in the offense this year and the stark differences between Haskins and previous QBs who were running a different offense. Once again I’m not an nfl scout and don’t know if Haskins will be a successful nfl qb. But he’s nothing like any QB osu has had in 30 years and there have been so many changes in the program recently that would impact the type of QB going into the league, not sure why you would limit how you look at the a player based on that alone. It’s not just this program, either. It’s any program. Can’t make sweeping generalizations without understanding context of the here and now. 

Exactly right.  It was weird watching the Bucs this year as they did not play offense like an Urban Meyer team.  For example, as good as the 2 RB's were they were not the type of RB's you want when you're throwing the ball all over the field. 

I think in the right situation Haskins could be a very good to great NFL QB.  The Giants would seem to be the best fit where he could sit and learn behind Eli and when he does take over have maybe the best RB in the NFL lining up behind him.  The big question IMO is how well will Haskins adjust to NFL pass rushes.  He has struggled to throw on the run and he doesn't have anywhere near Allen's athleticism.  But when he has time he can make all the NFL throws, reads the field well and has plenty of touch. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I think if the Giants get him and let him sit for a year, they could be filthy in a few years.

On 1/2/2019 at 10:37 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

Lock has some rawness to his game but he has a big arm. He's at least interesting. Trappaso's love of Mason Rudolph last year just made no sense to me. I just can't fathom how he had him as a better prospect than Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Rosen, and Jackson. I mean that's just crazy. 

Lock is a backup at best.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.