Predictions for 2019

Foxx

7 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I predict that the hours of daylight in the US will increase for nearly all of the first six months of the year, but following that a gradual decreasing of the hours of daylight will take place for almost the entire last six months of the year. This will be more pronounced in northern states like Maine and Alaska, but less so in some southern states such as  Florida. 

I predict the Moon will turn to blood within a month and Sun will be blotted from the sky in half a year

4 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

There is only one thing I can accurately predict for the next year: a louder, more shrill leftist meltdown about everything Trump because the left is ridiculously convinced that their meltdown helps their chances in 2020.

But it will help their chances unfortunately IMO.  We have a President who is facing historical political and media opposition on everything from his affairs of years ago to his wife's choice of holiday decor.  What might be good policy is almost completely drowned out in terms of public message.  Trump has declared war on the media and the media (dozens and dozens of outlets) are making a business from waging a war against him while conspiring with his opposition party.  The President has an arsenal of weapons but almost exclusively chooses twitter for every battle.  No President that I can recall (possible exception Nixon in his 2nd term) has faced greater opposition.  The constant hourly attacks on Trump will certainly take its toll.  It may make his base even more determined but his most loyal base is too small and he's already likely lost many of the voters that won him the office.  This is politics and media bias at its absolute worst. As ugly as it is, it's a winning formula for the left in my view. 

Nixon, Clinton and Bush 2 faced their greatest political challenges in the 2nd terms.  Carter in his first.  Trump I think will go down in 2020 much like Carter did in spite of some of Trump's policy wins.

Too many American voters are not tuned in well enough to have their political priorities in order or to look critically at media reporting and government performance. 

Edited by keepthefaith

5 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

There is only one thing I can accurately predict for the next year: a louder, more shrill leftist meltdown about everything Trump because the left is ridiculously convinced that their meltdown helps their chances in 2020.

Your system is brilliant on stalling and grinding out progress, trying to stop unwise knee jerk reactions, and overriding them with the next admin

And the voters even out things every two years

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I really want one of the appointments to come during the summer of 2020 when Dems are hysterically invoking the Garland example.   Nothing better than watching Dems choke on someone else's hypocrisy since they are so incapable of recognizing their own. 

I'd laugh my ass off if that happened, and McConnell pointed out that since they made such a ruckus in 2016 about the Biden Rule, he choose to bow to their wishes and disregard it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, peace out said:

Your best friend is a pedophile.

Happy new year douchebag 

Wow, what a dazzling comeback. Your intellect is truly amazing to behold.

Happy New Year to you as well, numbnuts.

9 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Has anybody predicted that Tiberius will become the new pool boy complete with back rubbing privileges at Hillary's Chappaqua estate.  Bill will be out of the picture as his "depression" will cause him to go on a prolonged sabbatical to Thailand.

Yes, but he still has all those free miles from The Lolita Express so he doesn't have to ask Hillary for airfare.

The only things I can predict for certain in 2019 are:

1. Evidence of numerous crimes, the likes of which have never been seen levied against a United States President, will be presented by Mueller and the state of New York against Trump.

2. His fanatical followers will continue to scream that none of it is true and that it is nothing but a conspiracy against their pathological liar, being orchestrated by The Deep State, the Clintons, Obama, Vince Foster, and the Easter Bunny.

As Trump once said "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters". That is one thing thing he was right about.

If there is something amusing about all this it is that his defenders are in truth, the ones who incoherently scream the loudest and the craziest about all of it, while constantly calling the other side hysterical. This behavior mimics Trump's own constant behavior of accusing people of doing things that he is doing. 

Then again, Obama did wear a tan suit.

• Haha (+1) 1