4 year, $36 million extension for Quincy Enunwa

DCOrange

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Sounds like Robbie Anderson wants 12+ mill per year.

hes the best wr on the market imo.  He’s the guy I hope we get.  

Isn’t he a RFA? I can’t see the Jets letting him get away, he has looked good with Darnold.

5 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I personally like Adam Humphries.  High catch rate, low yardage and TDs.  The kind of player we haven't had here in ages and it seems like every other NFL team has one.  

He is running inside of Evans, Godwin and has Brate and Howard out there also. Many times that leaves him with a favorable matchup, that’s my concern with him. How good would he be when he is surrounded by guys like Zay freaking Jones.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha.  We are going to have to pay a ton of money for a scrub receiver. 

When he's healthy, he's definitely better than a scrub. Not sure why you would say that. He's been nicked up this season. With contracts, the thing to remember is that you're not paying for past production, you're paying for projected future production. 

Edited by dave mcbride

2 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Isn’t he a RFA? I can’t see the Jets letting him get away, he has looked good with Darnold.

They have cap to match as well on any offer sheet.

5 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

He is running inside of Evans, Godwin and has Brate and Howard out there also. Many times that leaves him with a favorable matchup, that’s my concern with him. How good would he be when he is surrounded by guys like Zay freaking Jones.

Yeah - Not saying give the guy the key to the city.  I just think we need improved play from a slot receiver.  70% catch rate seems to indicate that he has something resembling hands - which is like the biggest problem on our team at the moment.

6 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

He's going to be playing in the slot the entire time anyway so generally the guys trying to cover Evans or Zay wouldn't really be matching up with Hump anyways. The question is whether or not zone coverage will be shaded towards Humphries if he were in a different situation; I doubt it, but the only way to find out is by bringing him in and seeing what happens. I think he's good enough to hurt defenses but not so good that defenses will build their coverage around stopping him.

Not to mention you would hope that Buffalo is bringing in more than just Humphries this offseason; I think the goal would be for Humphries to be the #3 option in the passing game.

8 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

He's going to be playing in the slot the entire time anyway so generally the guys trying to cover Evans or Zay wouldn't really be matching up with Hump anyways. The question is whether or not zone coverage will be shaded towards Humphries if he were in a different situation; I doubt it, but the only way to find out is by bringing him in and seeing what happens. I think he's good enough to hurt defenses but not so good that defenses will build their coverage around stopping him.

Not to mention you would hope that Buffalo is bringing in more than just Humphries this offseason; I think the goal would be for Humphries to be the #3 option in the passing game.

The spacing created by the Tampa WR group is a good part of his success. He would be a nice number 4. Find a legit TE.

D.K.

Foster

TE

Humph

Those pieces compliment each other and that’s a group that gives Allen a fighting chance. The Bills can’t head into next season with Croom as their starting TE. Pony up picks for Ertz, press the Colts and see which one of the three tight ends they would part with. Aim for Mo Alie Cox, he played BBall

at VCU and in his first year in the NFL he looks light years ahead of Logan Thomas and his six year transitional plan.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Yeah, he’s restriced.  I also doubt the jets let him go, but you never know.  He’s the best guy out there

humphries is a RFA as well.  Would be ok with adding him as well. We need guys that can catch

the 

dam

ball

humhpries can do that.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, he’s restriced.  I also doubt the jets let him go, but you never know.  He’s the best guy out there

humphries is a RFA as well.  Would be ok with adding him as well. We need guys that can catch

the 

dam

ball

humhpries can do that.

When Anderson has his head screwed on straight he is a top 10 WR in this league. I’d love him in Buffalo but the Jets have to keep him. 

• Like (+1) 1

Am I the only one who thinks this is a great bargain signing for the jets? 20 mill guarantee for a 4 year deal for a starting caliber receiver.. they saved themselves a ton of money getting him signed now. He may have two years of injuries but that guy makes plays when on the field. I think it was a great signing for them. If you guys are thinking that’s overpaying I hate to see the reactions come free agency time. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, CommonCents said:

The spacing created by the Tampa WR group is a good part of his success. He would be a nice number 4. Find a legit TE.

D.K.

Foster

TE

Humph

Those pieces compliment each other and that’s a group that gives Allen a fighting chance. The Bills can’t head into next season with Croom as their starting TE. Pony up picks for Ertz, press the Colts and see which one of the three tight ends they would part with. Aim for Mo Alie Cox, he played BBall

at VCU and in his first year in the NFL he looks light years ahead of Logan Thomas and his six year transitional plan.

I love the thought process here, but you lost me when you mentioned Ertz. Chances of Philly giving him up are exponentially low. Logan is a good dude and I'd hate to see him on the street after what he has been through here in Buffalo, but he is not a top 2 NFL TE on a team looking to compete whereas Cox surely is on the right path to be one. As such, it is also doubtful he is available on the market. Jared Cook needs to be on the short list though.

12 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I love the thought process here, but you lost me when you mentioned Ertz. Chances of Philly giving him up are exponentially low. Logan is a good dude and I'd hate to see him on the street after what he has been through here in Buffalo, but he is not a top 2 NFL TE on a team looking to compete whereas Cox surely is on the right path to be one. As such, it is also doubtful he is available on the market. Jared Cook needs to be on the short list though.

Cook is another option. Philly is in the perfect sell high position with Zach Ertz. They have a stud behind him, his cap hit is about to triple and they are against the cap. Before this season Eagles fans assumed he would be cut heading into 19’. He spent a fair amount of his time in Philly injured and that explains the selection of Goedert.

I’m not certain he will be moved but it won’t be long until we hear his name being floated. My guess is the initial reports will say they want a first rounder. It would probably take a second and a few other middle rounders. 

• Thank you (+1) 1