Teddy Bridgewater Starting for the Saints this Week with Home Field Advantage Secured

26CornerBlitz

He’s just not that good. I get that he’s everyone’s little crush now because everybody wants to say they “told you so” if he ends up getting a shot. Enough time has passed that people don’t remember what he really was as a qb. Incredibly average. The saints are an offense with a ton of talent and a HC that can squeeze points out of anything. Teddy has a shot to really put up a day and set himself up for the offseason. My guess is he will underwhelm. If a team wants to take a chance on him next year as a starter, he will underwhelm. He’s not bad, but he’s not good. He’s just a replacement level fringe starter that would probably be best served as a backup. The Vikings coach loved him like a son and the Jets got him for relative pocket change. If he was that good, he would be in Minnesota still.

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

He’s just not that good. I get that he’s everyone’s little crush now because everybody wants to say they “told you so” if he ends up getting a shot. Enough time has passed that people don’t remember what he really was as a qb. Incredibly average. The saints are an offense with a ton of talent and a HC that can squeeze points out of anything. Teddy has a shot to really put up a day and set himself up for the offseason. My guess is he will underwhelm. If a team wants to take a chance on him next year as a starter, he will underwhelm. He’s not bad, but he’s not good. He’s just a replacement level fringe starter that would probably be best served as a backup. The Vikings coach loved him like a son and the Jets got him for relative pocket change. If he was that good, he would be in Minnesota still.

He's better than your crush Matt Barkley. :)

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

He was incredibly average as a first and second-year player. That's extremely good.

The Vikes let him go because of the injury.

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

He was a decent QB before the injury and the belief was that he was about to turn the corner towards very good but then he was hurt. 

Minnesota didn’t keep him because of the injury and because they couldn’t risk their playoff window with that big a question mark on his knee.

Sean Payton wouldn't divulge the New Orleans Saints plans for Sunday's meaningless season finale versus the Carolina Panthers, but Drew Brees provided a hint.

At the very least, Brees said he expects backup Teddy Bridgewater to play significant snaps Sunday. How much appears yet to be determined.

"I'm excited for him," Brees said, via the team's official website. "I think there's no doubt he's going to get some playing time. It's just a matter of how much. He's the kind of guy who prepares to play every week. I'm sure he's excited to play, but we're all excited for him and some other young guys that are probably going to get some significant playing time."

9 hours ago, whatdrought said:

He was a decent QB before the injury and the belief was that he was about to turn the corner towards very good but then he was hurt. 

Minnesota didn’t keep him because of the injury and because they couldn’t risk their playoff window with that big a question mark on his knee.

Bingo.

If I recall correctly, he was drawing rave reviews in camp/preseason year 3 (had great stats in 2 preseason games) before getting hurt.

24 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Bingo.

If I recall correctly, he was drawing rave reviews in camp/preseason year 3 (had great stats in 2 preseason games).

You could say this about many, many QBs that never really progressed too.

I’m satisfied with Barkley as a back up, but would be fine with a modest contract for TB as our back up and release Barkley.  Anderson is on Concussion protocol as Sal and I discussed so he can be an extra coach on the field.  He’ll be back to golf after tomorrow.

im not in the camp that would put TB anywhere near our starter.  He would be better in the sense that if there is a sustained injury to JA, I would take Bridgewater as safety valve.

Nothing will probably happen as NO probably still wants to groom him for Brees eventual retirement.

Isnt this his first start in 2-3 years? Playing on a team resting most of their starters cause the already clinched? Hes not lighting it up right now? Hard to believe.....

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Not watching that game at all, but It seems like they probably didn't even game plan. 

It seemed like they would have just forfeited and not played if the were allowed to.....