Matt Millen Heart Transplant

Big Gun

In the lead up to SB XXVI the then Redskin Millen called Bruce Smith "soft" and questioned his toughness coming back from microfracture surgery and struggling to play during the 1991 season.

He then rode the pine all game.

Nowadays we know that microfracture is often a career ender let alone a procedure you bounce back and play a couple months later as Bruce tried to..............but Millen was talking out of hisass as a tough guy who played in a phone booth at that point of his career.

Prime example of a guy who had life by the balls and lacked any humility during his playing days and then life really gave him a dumptruck full afterward.

Arguably the worst GM in NFL history.

Wish him the best...........definitely one of the league's characters.

11 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Hope it goes well for him. He was a great player to watch in his prime. 

10 hours ago, row_33 said:

That was a great moment when the Pats owner’s family taunted the Raiders bench and got slapped good

Hope we the doctor wasn’t a Lions fan....

My favourite anecdote was he hurt his arm and had a calcium type deposit that kept it bent during his high school years. He later was deadlifting and snapped the ossifying mass off so he got full range back.

Edited by row_33

4 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Good luck and a speedy recovery to Matt Millen and all others suffering from health related ailments.

...he has several tenuous weeks ahead BOE as they monitor organ rejection.....my late wife went through it with a double lung transplant only to lose her to an egregious hospital accident, still making the holidays difficult.....they do use Prednisone in heavy doses to combat rejection....Godspeed Matt to a new life....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...he has several tenuous weeks ahead BOE as they monitor organ rejection.....my late wife went through it with a double lung transplant only to lose her to an egregious hospital accident, still making the holidays difficult.....they do use Prednisone in heavy doses to combat rejection....Godspeed Matt to a new life....

It must be difficult during the holidays remembering your wife and loss. The one thing I remember the most from your posts was your posting of a clip of your daughter performing on stage. She was terrific. You are blessed. Wishing you the best for the holidays.

Just now, JohnC said:

It must be difficult during the holidays remembering your wife and loss. The one thing I remember the most from your posts was your posting of a clip of your daughter performing on stage. She was terrific. You are blessed. Wishing you the best for the holidays.

...thanks John...much appreciated.....we endured 5 deaths in a span of 16 months.......my wife, her beloved dog (actually interred them together), my wife's brother, an aunt and finally my mother in Feb. 2017......we are a "never say quit" bunch with my kids as my bastian of support.....they are what I have left besides my work.....my dad, mom , brother and wife are all gone.....

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...thanks John...much appreciated.....we endured 5 deaths in a span of 16 months.......my wife, her beloved dog (actually interred them together), my wife's brother, an aunt and finally my mother in Feb. 2017......we are a "never say quit" bunch with my kids as my bastian of support.....they are what I have left besides my work.....my dad, mom , brother and wife are all gone.....

As we all get older we become more aware of the vicissitudes and cycles of life. Some people are subjected to more setbacks than seem to be fair. Even with the losses there are blessings from those who are now lost but in life provided happiness and memories that can never be taken away. I'm sure you cherish those wonderful memories. There are many people who don't come close to having those blessings in their life or sometimes they don't have the positive perspective to recognize what they have until it is too late. I'm sure you are one of those good people who appreciated what you had when you had it and after you had it. 

14 minutes ago, JohnC said:

As we all get older we become more aware of the vicissitudes and cycles of life. Some people are subjected to more setbacks than seem to be fair. Even with the losses there are blessings from those who are now lost but in life provided happiness and memories that can never be taken away. I'm sure you cherish those wonderful memories. There are many people who don't come close to having those blessings in their life or sometimes they don't have the positive perspective to recognize what they have until it is too late. I'm sure you are one of those good people who appreciated what you had when you had it and after you had it. 

...thanks for your kind words John.....we forge ahead with our fight, unified and strong..........

6 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Man. I’m sorry buddy.