Which Bills Player Was Most Clutch In The Post-Season?

Which Bills player was most clutch in the postseason?   

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which Bills player was most clutch in the postseason?

• Jim Kelly
    • Thurman Thomas
    • Andre Reed
    • Bruce Smith
    • Cornelius Bennett
    • Big Pete Metzelaars
    • Frank Reich
    • Steve Tasker
    • James Lofton
    • Don Beebe
    • Eric Moulds
    • Phil Hansen
    • Steve Christie
    • Nate Odomes
    • Other

Topic time!  This time we gonna keep this completely positive.  If you were around in the 90’s you saw a lot of Bills playoff games.  So my question is:

Which Bills player was most clutch in the postseason?  

This is actually a tough question, because overall I feel that the Bills has their ups and downs.  So mark your choice and let me know what you think.

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

This was a tough question and an even tougher list to pick from.  I ended up taking Thurman.  My #2 would have been a tie between Kelly & Reed.

This is tough because while Thurm has some great games - SB25, Miami ‘93, KC ‘94, he also was a GOAT in the other 3 Super Bowls.  He essentially lost Super Bowl 28.  I can’t give him the nod here

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Other: Ruben Brown

He played what?  Three postseason games?  Is that enough?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

This is tough because while Thurm has some great games - SB25, Miami ‘93, KC ‘94, he also was a GOAT in the other 3 Super Bowls.  He essentially lost Super Bowl 28.  I can’t give him the nod here

He played what?  Three postseason games?  Is that enough?

enough for me. my choice, thought it was a good one?

edit. he was a Bill from '95 to '03 so it was obviously more than 3 post season games.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

5 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

What swung me to Thurman was that if Norwood had made that FG Thomas most likely would have been Super Bowl MVP in that game. 

And I don't think Thomas was a GOAT in the 2nd & 3rd Super Bowl.  The whole team played poorly in both games.  As for his fumble in the last SB, he also had a great 1st half in that game and frankly the GOAT IMO was Levy for not being more aggressive at the end of the half when the Bills had a chance to go up 17 - 6. 

Just now, Phil The Thrill said:

He’s certainly a candidate.  The thing that makes it tough is that there isn’t a standout unfortunately 

what do you mean by stand out? 9 time pro bowl

you could also add House Ballard to the list. his position was even more important than Browns leading the way for thurman. he played in all 4 SB's

Tasker-made big plays in postseason including a blocked punt in the Super Bowl and a huge 57 yard kick return vs the Raiders in the AFC divisional playoff in Jan 1994.  The 4 HOFers each had post season meltdowns:  Kelly-too many INTS, Reed-penalty vs Washington in Super Bowl after he threw his helmet and being kept in check by the Giants, Thomas-lost helmet vs Washington & 2nd half fumble vs Dallas in Atlanta that changed the whole game, Bruce-sitting out Pittsburgh playoff game with the flu.  I can't think of Tasker doing anything bad in the playoffs or Super Bowl.

To this day Moulds still owns the single game post season receiving yards record. In two playoff games with the Bills he totalled 302 yards on twleve receptions.

A shame he wasnt on better teams or played with better QBs.

Not sure Id say he was most clutch, just putting it out there instead of all the usual SB team’s players.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Scott Norwood

Even though we played in many post season games in the 90s, it's hard to ignore what Reich and Reed did during that Oilers comeback game.  That game specifically is the definition of clutch.

That is why I voted Reed.

The Comeback vs Houston was all Frank Reich and Andre Reed while Thurman and Kelly were on the bench injured. I think Biscuit may have been dinged up too.

But how did you not have Darryl Talley as an option? He owned the AFC Championship game vs the Raiders that propelled Buffalo to their first Super Bowl.

Had a lot of big tackles an timely picks.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RocCityRoller said:

That is why I voted Reed.

The Comeback vs Houston was all Frank Reich and Andre Reed while Thurman and Kelly were on the bench injured. I think Biscuit may have been dinged up too.

But how did you not have Darryl Talley as an option? He owned the AFC Championship game vs the Raiders that propelled Buffalo to their first Super Bowl.

Had a lot of big tackles an timely picks.

Talley should have been an option but I remember him sucking bad in the Super Biws.  He’s one of the guys who couldn’t bring down Mark Ingram in SB 25