Who would have thought that some fantasy "gurus" would be urging putting Josh and Zay in their line-ups.

tomur67

Week #14 .   Who would have  believed a few weeks ago that "nationally" the Bills would be receiving some positive recognition for the offense side of the game.  We have had  good proof that our defense is pretty darn good.  But this week, several "fantasy football experts" are recommending using Josh Allen and Zay Jones in your line-ups this week.  It really looks like Josh Allen is turning some heads outside of Western New York.

Edited by tomur67
  • Like (+1) 1

Who would have thought ; 

before the year started everyone talked about how pathetic our WR group was. And that at some point we would have

-Kelvin Benjamin

-Jeremy Kurley

-Terrel Pryor

(Guys that have actually been good in the league)

and by week 13 all of them would have cut and people are excited about what we have at WR

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, tomur67 said:

Week #14 .   Who would have  believed a few weeks ago that "nationally" the Bills would be receiving some positive recognition for the offense side of the game.  We have had  good proof that our defense is pretty darn good.  But this week, several "fantasy football experts" are recommending using Josh Allen and Zay Jones in your line-ups this week.  It really looks like Josh Allen is turning some heads outside of Western New York.

People are saying you should start Zay Jones? I find that surprising. Allen makes sense because running QB's are much better in fantasy football, but Zay Jones is very inconsistent.

I am starting Allen in my playoff game  this week, never would have guessed that I would be doing so.  But his play has warranted it, and I decided I would hate myself if I didn't play him and he has another big game.  I am the lowest seed playing the top seed (league has no bye) so I need a boost from somewhere!

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

I am starting Allen in my playoff game  this week, never would have guessed that I would be doing so.  But his play has warranted it, and I decided I would hate myself if I didn't play him and he has another big game.  I am the lowest seed playing the top seed (league has no bye) so I need a boost from somewhere!

Smart move. It's not like you're number one.  Roll those dice.  Hopefully, he proves to be a good choice.

16 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

Foster stands to have biggest impact with more snaps. Allen has just missed him multiple times and he's open to

Allen's chemistry with his receivers are growing.  Last 4 games here are huge.  Never felt so interested in watching a 4 win team this late in the season.  Have to watch these young guys develop.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Zay was inconsistent.  Hes movin on up.

No. He's currently inconsistent. He had 0 points against Jacksonville and then 20 points last week.

He's a guy to maybe take a chance and stash him on your bench for a week or two to see if he starts putting up consistent points, but leagues are winding to a close anyway.

Just now, Seasons1992 said:

My friend is starting Josh tomorrow in his league. I think it's wise.

Sincerely, 

Typing on a Bills message board while wearing a hideous ugly Bills sweater.

image.png.f5b79f0858cc66e7273518dec1e8d73f.png

That sweater is awesome.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, VirginiaMike said:

That is a big step for the Bills, but temper the enthusiasm with the fact that the J-E-T-S are our opponents this week.  That is a big factor in any expert evaluation.

With the way Barkley came in off the streets & delivered our biggest win points-wise of the season, Allen should be able to beat them with ease.

He also has the luxury of being at home on top of it, so the Jets shouldn't pose a threat.

32 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

With the way Barkley came in off the streets & delivered our biggest win points-wise of the season, Allen should be able to beat them with ease.

He also has the luxury of being at home on top of it, so the Jets shouldn't pose a threat.

The jets assumed all they had to do is show up last game this game will be closer 

1 hour ago, One Buffalo said:

I think Allen will win your game for you this week.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

No. He's currently inconsistent. He had 0 points against Jacksonville and then 20 points last week.

He's a guy to maybe take a chance and stash him on your bench for a week or two to see if he starts putting up consistent points, but leagues are winding to a close anyway.

That sweater is awesome.

Zay is a great start as long as the other team doesn’t have a lockdown corner. He will be a great start against the Jets.

27 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

The jets assumed all they had to do is show up last game this game will be closer 

Why would they assume that?

They had 3 wins heading into that game, and had a bunch of injuries. Their defense is ranked 23rd overall, compared to our's being ranked 2nd... You're telling me they thought Josh McCown was going to come in & dominate us? Not likely.

8 hours ago, MJS said:

People are saying you should start Zay Jones? I find that surprising. Allen makes sense because running QB's are much better in fantasy football, but Zay Jones is very inconsistent.

I think they are expecting Zay to be seeing many more targets with Benjamin gone now

33 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Allen has been the top fantasy qb i believe 2 weeks straight. Rushing qbs kill it in fantasy. Hes going to be a top pick next year, 

Yep, my usual QB is Phillip Rivers and I started Allen over Rivers after the Jags game, and will do so again this week (Allen got like 8 more points than Rivers in my league). I doubt Allen will be a top pick next year. I used to draft Tyrod super later in my leagues, and he usually wound up being my starter most week... simply because of Rushing, but do to possible inconsistency I always got him with like my 2nd to last pick of the draft