Why I gave up on the process

Joeziehmer

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I've already begun thinking about my Super Bowl spread.

Every year, I take on too much cooking and, between prep, cooking and cleaning, have very little time to actually enjoy the game.

I think this year I'll order pizzas instead of making them.  I do want to make my own wings with a variety of sauces (hot, mild, garlic/parm, Thai chili).  I may make tenders, too.  I'd really like to make jalapeno poppers, but that's a lot of work.  If I can find the time on Saturday to do all of the prep for them, I'll add those, too.

Cheddar stuffed  pickles, wrapped in an eggroll and fried or gtfo.

1 hour ago, Joeziehmer said:

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/opinion/what-was-i-thinking

The blowout losses were the hardest things to take.  And, Sean was more and more out Coached by guys we had passed on.  So, we got blown out by Joe Flacco, Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers, and Andrew Luck.  What stings most was the Chargers loss and the Colts loss.  As we passed on Lynn for head coach and Reich as an offensive coordinator (before his offensive Super Bowl mastery) when folks said he was lucky to have Rivers. Instead of finding Anderson or Barkley earlier Sean extended his nepotism and stubbornness as unwillingness in parting ways with Nate Peterman and still kept him against Chicago.  I see McDermott as a translation Coach and Beane will do what is necessary to save his own neck to that end cutting Peterman; after Sean gave him a vote of confidence.  Sean brought in Beane but it means that McDermott is not Beane’s first choice for a Coach.  If it means after the season jettisoning Sean to have Frazier as an interim I’m set with that.  Given how Leslie was hamstrung in Minnesota with Christian Ponder (who) and having Josh Allen to really develop could see it working.  The defense was tired and the Coach refused to move on from KB or elevate guys like Foster which he was forced too; anyone else thinking that Beane is looking for “his guy” to take over as Coach?  

Peterman="nepotism"?

Anyway, remember who they tried to storehouse over orders and the fire which broke out?

I sure do....

26 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Have you ever tried a "garbage" wing sauce?  A few places around my neck of the woods (keep in mind we are behind the times) do garbage wings, which is a sauce where they take ALL of their sauces to make 1 garbage wing sauce.  It's pretty phenomenal.

Oh, I'm trying this.

8 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Cheddar stuffed  pickles, wrapped in an eggroll and fried or gtfo.

Are you ***** pregnant?? 

• Haha (+1) 1

This post is a bummer haha. I don't give up on a team when they have a slogan I don't like and a horrid start to the season. Also this is really odd timing because it's starting to look like it could pan out by next year! That's a quick rebuild with a playoff appearance to boot bud.

I just hate the name and what it stood for, like we were okay with punting this year away. Were we going to realistically make playoffs this year? Not likely, but I didn't need to be constantly reminded by that by the front office that had all the rhetoric and actions to back it up (like going into the season with Nathan Peterman and JA with zero offense around them to boot). That and the word soup we used with it because we didn't understand it lol. Came across as an excuse for the horrible first half of the season we went through. 

Honestly it's mostly because the 76ers beat the drum with astounding ineptitude lol. But whatever floats your boat McBeane! Ya won me over with more optimism for the next 2 years than I've probably ever had.

Just don't chalk up any losses next year to the process.. don't make it your escape pls. Rebuild's pver we're onto better things! AND DON"T EVEN THINK ABOUT PUNTING NEXT YEAR AND IGNORING DESPERATE HELP AT OFFENSE FOR MY SANITY. We had a tough year boys, but I can feel it.. the optimism is palpable even with the skeptics! Keep on keeping on McBeane.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

8 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I just hate the name and what it stood for, like we were okay with punting this year away. Were we going to realistically make playoffs this year? Not likely, but I didn't need to be constantly reminded by that by the front office that had all the rhetoric and actions to back it up (like going into the season with Nathan Peterman and JA with zero offense around them to boot). That and the word soup we used with it because we didn't understand it lol. Came across as an excuse for the horrible first half of the season we went through. 

I like where we're heading but I hate to call it the process. Let's come up with something better for christsakes.. "the comeback".. Process just seems.. okay with losing with no real positive connotation to where it ends up to. So so so ambiguous; as evidenced by "we're tanking from the process" to "the players are finally buying into the process and making the playoffs." Changing after every win and loss.

Honestly it's mostly because the 76ers beat the drum with astounding ineptitude lol. But whatever floats your boat McBeane! Ya won me over with more optimism for the next 2 years than I've probably ever had.

Just don't chalk up any losses next year to the process.. don't make it your escape pls. Rebuild's pver we're onto better things! AND DON"T EVEN THINK ABOUT PUNTING NEXT YEAR AND IGNORING DESPERATE HELP AT OFFENSE FOR MY SANITY. We had a tough year boys, but I can feel it.. the optimism is palpable even with the skeptics! Keep on keeping on McBeane.

Ok, I'll put you down for "definitely, maybe." :) 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Ok, I'll put you down for "definitely, maybe." :) 

lol I've crapped on "The Process" since we coined it. Gotta put it in my 2 cents here in essay form. Just hate the slogan, not always the actions.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, 4_kidd_4 said:

Nah man, it’s a culinary voyage across the seven seas of flavor.

You can be the captain, and I will draw the chart....

Not shocking that a bassist used this line!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, teef said:

oh yes!  peterman!  i've mentioned my love for him so many times.  you're right though.  it's unreasonable for me to consider anything this staff does since nate peterman was once on the team.  you strike me as a guy that has a ton of football experience.  you're knowledgeable, reasonable, and have incredible insight.  honestly...thank you for being here.

Great, now we’re trolling the trolls taking a toll trolling us

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2