Christmas Movie All-Time Recommendations

NoHuddleKelly12

On 12/11/2018 at 12:52 PM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Question. Movies like Elf, The Santa Clause, Miracle on 34th Street. Plenty more I can't think of. Where within the realm of the story, the adults, and sometimes kids, don't believe in Santa Claus, but by the end, discover the truth that Santa does exist, they just didn't have Christmas spirit or whatever.

Up until that point, did Santa just skip that kid because his parents didn't believe so bought him stuff anyway? How did that work?

I believe the old lore refers to it as the "Naughty List."

56 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

As a fellow Home Alone fan, seeing Macaulay do this spot for a commercial was actually pretty funny/kinda cool I thought:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKYABI-dGEA

Yeah, I posted that in the PPP Google thread yesterday... to me, that was a fantastic ad, and I am not a google fan.

• Like (+1) 1

Technically not a Christmas movie, but the Three Stooges’ ‘Malice in the Palace’ does have Moe, Larry, and Shemp dressed as Santa Claus to sneak into the Emir of Shmow’s palace.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Shmow, not Shmoo. Had to rewatch to verify. ?
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Technically not a Christmas movie, but the Three Stooges’ ‘Malice in the Palace’ does have Moe, Larry, and Shemp dressed as Santa Claus to sneak into the Emir of Shmoo’s palace.

If I recall, that specific scene was actually recycled footage from a Curly episode.

On 12/20/2018 at 4:35 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Technically not a Christmas movie, but the Three Stooges’ ‘Malice in the Palace’ does have Moe, Larry, and Shemp dressed as Santa Claus to sneak into the Emir of Shmoo’s palace.

I never knew that eggs could be used so effectively in self-defense!

Those guys were like the Houdini of physical comedy gold. 

Just now, Augie said:

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation is on right now. You can do better. MUCH better. 

Overall i think it’s funny but a lot of these Christmas movies/shows kind of lose its touch with me after so many repeated viewings.  This movie being one of them