Generation X: Arcade Games You Kicked Ass At

Gugny

42 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Kid Chameleon.

Yes... That was an arcade box.  Little later but on a console

Oh... LoL... I just re-read OP title. Kid Chameleon kicked MY ASS. 

I still kicked those dragon's ***** in Adventure though, and still made that toady bat do what I wanted it to do!

?

EDIT:  How come the plural of: Ass is filtered.  That makes no sense.

Ass

???

220px-Coleco_Electronic_Quarterback.jpg

Picked up one of those retro versions at Kohl's a bunch of years ago.  It came all back like that!

I was knifing though the D on #2 like a hot Josh Allen through butter after the 12th game.

Then ran into this:

|

|

|

How the hell do you get around those Mutha-Ph***kers!

Like playing against the NFL referees and still trying to beat the Cheaters!

Nice!

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, shrader said:

I had an uncle who owned a Ms. Pac-man machine.  I was always horrible at Pac-man games, but there was nothing more satisfying than opening up the unlocked coin area and hitting the little lever that got you the next game.

My uncle (RIP) usually had 3-4 pinball machines in his basement, he would refurbish them and resell. It was cool like you said, opening up the door and hitting the coin lever. 

I was always really good at bubble hockey. Beat anybody who came my way. Till one day, Mr. Lindy Ruff happened to be at the same bar I was. It was in Cheektowaga i think. I was like 19, and shouldn't have even been in the bar. But I walked up to him and really politely asked him if he wouldn't mind playing against me. Kicked my ass like 5-0. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I actually went to this really cool arcade in Austin. An entire section of classic arcade games. I was always good at Pole Position and Tapper, the heavily commercialized bartending game from Budweiser.

Disney used to have an arcade named “Quest” that had every game you could think of. It was great. And then they got rid of it. ?

Mortal Kombat II. There was a period of time when I was the arcade attendant at the local bowling alley and had the keys to put free credits on the machines. 

Before that I used to play Pigskin quite a bit. I was never that great at it, but it was a fun game.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Kung Fu, Mortal Kombat, Spy Hunter, Rampage.

rampage was my jam.  also loved golden axe, the original star wars game, (the sit down one), tmnt, and the simpson arcade game.  as others have said i'm sure there's more, but those jump out at me. 

concerning rampage, i bought this little number for my home office.  worth every penny.

0a130918-474a-4dab-9520-ec54c4bc956a_9.4

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, teef said:

rampage was my jam.  also loved golden axe, the original star wars game, (the sit down one), tmnt, and the simpson arcade game.  as others have said i'm sure there's more, but those jump out at me. 

concerning rampage, i bought this little number for my home office.  worth every penny.

0a130918-474a-4dab-9520-ec54c4bc956a_9.4

That's epic.

If  i could find a missile command machine, I'd be all over that.

Edited by Joe in Winslow
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Anyone remember Dragon's Lair?  I used to be able to finish that game.  It was at a local supermarket, of all places.  That game and Donkey Kong Jr., which I loved.

I remember as a kid playing Ms. Pac Man at the local Pizza Hut. They had one of the two-seater table-style games.

Awesome.

23 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

That's epic.

If  i could find a missile command machine, I'd be all over that.

ad06a3a1-36b5-4250-8327-9023c25bf5b9_9.4

check it out!  second game down.  these mini arcades, (they're only 48 inches tall) have 4 games they come with.  it's amazing how will it plays and feels.  just like a shrunken old school arcade game.  $300 at walmart, gamestop, target, etc.

1 minute ago, teef said:

ad06a3a1-36b5-4250-8327-9023c25bf5b9_9.4

check it out!  second game down.  these mini arcades, (they're only 48 inches tall) have 4 games they come with.  it's amazing how will it plays and feels.  just like a shrunken old school arcade game.  $300 at walmart, gamestop, target, etc.

YES with the rollerball! Man I love those games.