Why I believe Allen will get this team to an afc championship (eventually)

Steptide

I'll start by saying that I'm not 100% sold on Allen just yet. I think he has areas he needs to improve on, and we may not see some of those improvements this year. 

Having said that, I was blown away by his play today. The first half was pretty dismal, but the second half may just be his best play all year. One thing I really like about him, is that he has been using multiple recievers. Part of that could be dabolls's scheme. If I'm remembering correctly, he hit zay, Benjamin, Thompson, DiMarco, foster, mckenzie and shady. 

I was just as upset as anyone here after we lost today, but I think McDermott and beane found a gem. Allen hates to lose and he has that same fire Kelly had. I'm just picturing Allen a year or even two years from now with talent. Lookout afc. 

• Like (+1) 6

so... you're not completely sold on Allen, but you think he will get us to the AFC championship game? huh, one might wonder what you would believe were you 100% sold on him...

Edited by Foxx
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Foxx said:

so... you're not completely sold on Allen, but you think he will get us to the AFC championship game? huh, one might wonder what you would believe were you 100% sold on him...

Because we've been dow this road before. Losman, Edwards, Fitz. All had flashes of greatness. Like I said Allen needs to improve in certain areas, and if he can do that, then yes I believe he will be fantastic and this team will be competing for a superbowl. That's a big if 

36 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Because we've been dow this road before. Losman, Edwards, Fitz. All had flashes of greatness. Like I said Allen needs to improve in certain areas, and if he can do that, then yes I believe he will be fantastic and this team will be competing for a superbowl. That's a big if 

Fitz maybe, but Losman and Edwards didn’t show any greatness for me. 

Fitz had a few games he looked like a real gunslinger here but faded once the tape was out. 

Weve definetly never had this much potential at quarterback, it’s easy to get excited. Just gonna have to see if this kid can work hard enough to reach that potential. 

If we’re aiming high, he has the potential to be a top 3-5 quarterback in this league with his tools of running and arm strengths.. But that’s light years away if he ever gets there 

I think we’re closer than most would guess.

He is getting great experience right now.  That last drive, on the road - even though it didn’t pan out, you can’t replicate that in practice.

We finally have our QB, and can load up this offseason.  Now if Brady would just retire...

42 minutes ago, Steptide said:

i noticed that you just changed the title to include (eventually)  in it.

♨️

100% sold

46 minutes ago, Steptide said:

he has shown way more than any of the qbs you mentioned

2 minutes ago, tcampbell104 said:

100% sold

he has shown way more than any of the qbs you mentioned

You have a short memory then. I'd maybe take losman off that list, but Edwards and Fitz definitely played outstanding for the bills for a short time. Edwards in 08 started 5-1 and looked like the next Kelly. Then got injured and was never the same. Fitz pulled the impossible and beat Brady and the Pats in 2011 and started 5-2 only to drop off again like Edwards. Allen has a much better skill set than both those guys, and I'm pretty sure he'll get better, but there is no gaurentee of that 

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

You have a short memory then. I'd maybe take losman off that list, but Edwards and Fitz definitely played outstanding for the bills for a short time. Edwards in 08 started 5-1 and looked like the next Kelly. Then got injured and was never the same. Fitz pulled the impossible and beat Brady and the Pats in 2011 and started 5-2 only to drop off again like Edwards. Allen has a much better skill set than both those guys, and I'm pretty sure he'll get better, but there is no gaurentee of that 

edwards was always overrated his successful streak came against some of the worst defenses in the league, fitzs arm was always a mirage. i was so pissed when they gave him that big contract.