Off topic here Gary Danielson

78thealltimegreat

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Is there a more biased “supposedly” down the middle announcer then this guy? Watching Alabama/Georgia I swear the guy sounds like he’s practically on the Bama coaching staff geez there are two teams on the field 

Danielson is not nearly as biased as people try to paint him to be.

Whoever he perceives is doing well is who he will talk up.

My biggest issue with him is, at times, he will latch onto something, and will not let go.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Cynical said:

My biggest issue with him is, at times, he will latch onto something, and will not let go.

He did this a few times last night even though replays clearly showed he was wrong.  He's not alone in that either, many are the same.  Why they think that there's something wrong with rethinking a play after replay is beyond me. That's why we have replay in the first place.

On 12/1/2018 at 6:56 PM, 78thealltimegreat said:

Is there a more biased “supposedly” down the middle announcer then this guy? Watching Alabama/Georgia I swear the guy sounds like he’s practically on the Bama coaching staff geez there are two teams on the field 

I'm not a Bama fan or critic. But what is so unusual about an announcer acknowledging the good play of high end players whether they are playing for Bama, Georgia or any other team? It's not surprising that people who favor their respective programs have a tendency to believe that their programs are being slighted. I like Danielson a lot because he doesn't make himself the focus of the game with obnoxious bombast like plenty of other announcers. He is one of my favorite TV analysts. And when there is a big game I want him in the booth.  

On 12/1/2018 at 7:26 PM, Cripple Creek said:

Seems quite complimentary towards GA.  As an announcer all he cares about is the caliber of play. He's got a good one here.

....'Bama and Saban get old quite frankly......his "one and done whirlwind" tour with the Fins where he did not have total control or scholarships to hold over divas' heads says a ton to me.....his way or no way.......strictly my opinion which will obviously differ from MANY....

29 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....'Bama and Saban get old quite frankly......his "one and done whirlwind" tour with the Fins where he did not have total control or scholarships to hold over divas' heads says a ton to me.....his way or no way.......strictly my opinion which will obviously differ from MANY....

no argument from me

Welcome to SEC football, it’s all Alabama all the time. Even if Alabama is not playing he will mention Alabama a minimum 10 times during the broadcast. Even my wife who doesn’t even watch football has noticed the same thing with the CBS crew and asked me about it just by passing through the living room when I’m watching.

6 hours ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Welcome to SEC football, it’s all Alabama all the time. Even if Alabama is not playing he will mention Alabama a minimum 10 times during the broadcast. Even my wife who doesn’t even watch football has noticed the same thing with the CBS crew and asked me about it just by passing through the living room when I’m watching.

That's all Danielson. This is part of what said earlier where Gary will latch onto something and does not let go.

It's not limited to just during the game, it will carry over.

During the Tim Tebow years at Florida, he would constantly bring up Tebow during non-Florida games.

he's okay, i expect national announcers to call the game based on:

1)  what is happening on the field, ride the winning horse to the end

2)  trying to keep us watching if it's a dud of a game

3) trying to sell a plausible underdog story (fans love them) that is picking up steam

Danielson has been a good bland colour-man

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.