Chiefs release Kareem Hunt after video from February incident surfaces

YoloinOhio

Just now, GoBills808 said:

My take on the punishment fitting the crime is you have to be aware of your employer’s CoC...if you violate the terms you agreed to there isn’t much room to argue about how punitive the results may be.

I agree but the employer has afforded themselves the opportunity to determine the punsihment as they go. I think his punsihment will be heavy in comparison to it's previous standards. They will certainly allow outside pressure influence the situation.

Again, I don't feel too bad.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

What would a thread be if you couldn't take unrelated shots at your favorite targets.  You and FedEx always deliver. ;)  Andy Reid next?

Oh come on.  I challenge to find another on this front page!

BTW,  Losing Hunt won't hurt Reid's playoff chances......

10 minutes ago, Needle said:

I agree but the employer has afforded themselves the opportunity to determine the punsihment as they go. I think his punsihment will be heavy in comparison to it's previous standards. They will certainly allow outside pressure influence the situation.

Again, I don't feel too bad.

The players gave that up for immediate financial gain. The next CBA should be interesting, at least, or a train wreck at most. 

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Finally saw the video and showed it to my wife.  We both agree that while it's not a good look for Hunt, it's not even close to the violent attack being portrayed.  It's no surprise the cops did nothing and that she didn't even think enough of it file a complaint.

Except that according to the interviews, she said she wanted to file a complaint and asked the officers to view the video.

I would agree it hardly qualifies as "brutal" and isn't the same level of violence as some other incidents, but I don't think it's a nothing-burger and I never have cared for the Whataboutism approach.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

The players gave that up for immediate financial gain. The next CBA should be interesting, at least, or a train wreck at most. 

That was poor wording on my part. You are correct the terms were accepted by the union. Im just saying that Hunts punishment will be more severe today.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Hunt was there to arrange a train for his boys.   

But he also waited until she was on the ground to kick her....

Yeah, that was the perfect time to beat the ***** out of her.  I'm surprised he just knocked her over.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Except that according to the interviews, she said she wanted to file a complaint and asked the officers to view the video.

I would agree it hardly qualifies as "brutal" and isn't the same level of violence as some other incidents, but I don't think it's a nothing-burger and I never have cared for the Whataboutism approach.

I missed the part about filing a complaint.  But it makes sense.  And after reviewing it, they did nothing.

They were both idiots.  He suffered far more than she did so that's about all the justice she can expect.

So.....the hotel claims they can only release their security footage to the police.

The NFL and Chiefs claim they couldn't get access to the video trying multiple times.

I'm assuming TMZ somehow purchased the video...but from who?

Also, the NFL has a problem because it seems it will give you a slap on the wrist for domestic violence as long as it's not on camera.

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

So.....the hotel claims they can only release their security footage to the police.

The NFL and Chiefs claim they couldn't get access to the video trying multiple times.

I'm assuming TMZ somehow purchased the video...but from who?

Also, the NFL has a problem because it seems it will give you a slap on the wrist for domestic violence as long as it's not on camera.

Mr Fixer, Ernie Adams on duty? 

Sly old devil, that one! 

Where did he get it? He doesn’t kiss and tell. TMZ is all about the front page. Old Ernie is about NO page. 

Edited by Augie