How much more mileage is left on the Shady chasis?

36 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The question is not one of mileage. The real question is whether he’s the right sort of running back for this offense, and his current style. I don’t think so.

This and the fact that nobody respects the Bills passing game so defenses are bringing extra defenders into the box and daring the Bills to throw the ball.  And with the exception of the Jets game the Bills pass offense has been terrible.  As noted this was McCoy's best game statistically.  No coincidence.  Ivory's running style is better suited for the offense at this point in time because of his battering ram style.    

I'm seeing a lot of hesitation.  He seems to do a lot of stutter stepping with the ball instead of just going forward.  One play yesterday in particular he broke into the secondary and just stopped, did his little dance and the defense easily caught up to him.  Seemed like he just gave up on the play.  Too much juking, probably looking for holes that aren't there.

11 hours ago, the skycap said:

I'd wish all the Shady bashers would stop and look at the reality. The Bills lost 2 Pro Bowl offensive linemen and replaced them with a journeyman and 5th rd draft pick. Shady will be Shady again once they fix the offensive line.

Murphy is getting over five yards per carry.

32 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

This and the fact that nobody respects the Bills passing game so defenses are bringing extra defenders into the box and daring the Bills to throw the ball.  And with the exception of the Jets game the Bills pass offense has been terrible.  As noted this was McCoy's best game statistically.  No coincidence.  Ivory's running style is better suited for the offense at this point in time because of his battering ram style.    

nonsense, no one has respected the Bills passing offense for a long time and he was just fine.

13 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Should have traded him when he had some value.  Great player but isn’t ever come close to his contract again.  

Yeah, LF is not a special back.  Imagine Watson or Mahomes on the Jags.

Fournette to me *looks* great when he plays, and I think a core reason why his stats are unimpressive is because the Jax quarterback is fundamentally terrible. Put him on the Saints, Pats, or Rams and watch what happens. 

Edited by dave mcbride

The game against the Jets he looked a lot like his old self the Shady that they traded for but this last game his stats didn't prove him to be that guy once again so that being said i think McBean needs to look at that even though they said they plan on him being back next yr as part of the team his production needs to be part of the equation !

Shady (after his initial disappointment of the trade) has been a great team mate & player for the Bills as a fan i hope he has some more left in the tank he deserves to go out on a high note & i would love to see him hit his goal of 12k yards as a Bills player !

But father time wins all the time & he never lets us know when that time has come until it's to late for the most part so i guess we wait & see !! 

I don’t dispute the Oline issues. But what worries me is that even the great ones, once they hit that proverbial wall, it’s such a rapid decline off the edge of a yardage cliff—how many times in league history have we witnessed that movie playing out? The exceptions to the rule, like AP this year (who had some time off) or Sanders who quit while he was ahead, are few and far between. I’m sure he can still have moments like the Jets game, it’s just that stringing it together week after week consistently is the issue. 

14 hours ago, buffalover4life said:

Lesean is a vision football player who is one of the best at avoiding the direct contact hits that wear on the older players. I think he has years left if he can get some proper blocking, not saying they will all be at the same elite price tag or with this team but if AP and Gore can do it, so can Shady

McCoy's rankings in total tackles avoided and tackles avoided per attempt over the years:

2018 (out of 60): 37th, 48th - below average or bad depending on which metric you use

2017 (out of 58): 14th, 39th - great or below average depending on which metric you use

2016 (out of 49): 5th, 11th - great

2015 (out of 55): 9th, 16th - great

2014 (out of 58): 10th, 34th - great or below average depending on which metric you use

2013 (out of 66): 3rd, 13th - elite

2012 (out of 62): 6th, 4th - elite

2011 (out of 72): 2nd, 15th - elite

2010 (out of 70): 29th, 41st - above or below average depending on which metric you use

2009 (out of 77): 38th, 35th - slightly above average

Maybe these last two seasons are just a fluke like 2014 was, but it doesn't look great IMO.

Edited by DCOrange

16 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

LeSean McCoy's production has deteriorated dramatically this year.  Instead of shifty and quick, he looked slow and shiftless yesterday.  I am not even sure his production is that of an RB2 at this stage, let alone consider him an elite running back.  Is the slide reversible, or is this season an aberration? 

Neither reversible or an aberration.....he can't break a tackle.  We missed the boat and cannot trade him now.  Cut him and draft a back in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th rounds - such as Harris, or Montgomery.