Those were some overoficious jerks!

Matt_In_NH

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Walt gon' give to em',  just give it to em'!

I'm not usually in the game at kickoff but with the sparse crowd entry was easy Sunday so I was actually in for the coin flip and they announced that Walt Coleman was flipping the coin and it was like oh hell no...........and I just don't recall them doing that in-stadium for every coin flipping official...........not sure if it was because of his celebrity or if the PA just wanted us to know that clown was in charge today..........but the notorious refs gotta' go.  

On 11/25/2018 at 10:25 PM, Dadonkadonk said:

OMG you people are ridiculous.  Did you watch the game or just listen on the radio?  The only call that was even questionable was the Taron Johnson holding.  That was bad but he did grab a little jersey.  I thought Bortles had already started to leave the pocket though and it shouldn't have been called.  All the other penalties were legit especially the hands to the face on Bodine.  Christ he bent his head back further than Kennedy's head was blown back.  

The Bills have been top 3 in penalties all year.  Probably will be worst in the league after this weekend.  It's on the coaches and the players.  Was 12 men on the field Walt Coleman's fault?

Be objective.  If I missed another iffy call point it out.  But I watched every play.  Hughes pushed the guy in the back on the Milano INT.  He didn't need to.  All he needed to do was just stand there and let Milano run past him.  But he pushed the guy down right in front of the refs.  Miller tackled the guy on the inside rush.  He blocked him perfectly at the start and then tackled him for no reason.  All he had to do was keep pushing him but he wrapped his arms around him.  

Please tell me the calls that the refs were wrong?  

They did botch the goal line calls(2 of the 3) but those weren't flags.

Two bad teams with bad coaching.  

I agree, generally, with what you’re saying. For me the question is: as we all know these penalties occur every play, when is the proper time to call them and at what frequency?

It was overboard in this game. 

Does anyone know how many penalties were called in the game, including offsetting penalties? Did it hit 30+?

EDIT: Whoops -- I now see that it was exactly 30. That is  RIDICULOUS. 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Walt gon' give to em',  just give it to em'!

I'm not usually in the game at kickoff but with the sparse crowd entry was easy Sunday so I was actually in for the coin flip and they announced that Walt Coleman was flipping the coin and it was like oh hell no...........and I just don't recall them doing that in-stadium for every coin flipping official...........not sure if it was because of his celebrity or if the PA just wanted us to know that clown was in charge today..........but the notorious refs gotta' go.  

On the Bills first TD drive, Coleman's crew gifted the Bills another 10+ yards because they didn't call Benjamin down even though his knee clearly and obviously touched the ground. People criticized the Jags for not challenging, but I think they would have lost the challenge because there was a bobble by Benjamin during the process and there was some room for doubt. If he had been called down initially, though, the Bills would have lost the challenge too. Regardless, Benjamin should have been called down. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Does anyone know how many penalties were called in the game, including offsetting penalties? Did it hit 30+?

EDIT: Whoops -- I now see that it was exactly 30. That is  RIDICULOUS. 

On the Bills first TD drive, Coleman's crew gifted the Bills another 10+ yards because they didn't call Benjamin down even though his knee clearly and obviously touched the ground. People criticized the Jags for not challenging, but I think they would have lost the challenge because there was a bobble by Benjamin during the process and there was some room for doubt. If he had been called down initially, though, the Bills would have lost the challenge too. Regardless, Benjamin should have been called down. 

Yeah I think the calls.......by virtue of importance at least.....went the Bills way............but when you are sitting in a stadium on a cold late November day watching two 3-7 teams you REALLY don't want a half hour of time dedicated to officiating.    

Seems to me that, with occasional exception,  the rest of the crews in the league know how to officiate a game to prevent it from unfolding like that.

That's too close to the norm for a Walt Coleman game.

I saw on the telecast the color guy called the game "unwatchable"........there was a moment of silence as the play-by-play man distanced himself from that.........but he was right you really had to have a very strong rooting interest to stay invested in that flag fest.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:25 PM, Dadonkadonk said:

OMG you people are ridiculous.  Did you watch the game or just listen on the radio?  The only call that was even questionable was the Taron Johnson holding.  That was bad but he did grab a little jersey.  I thought Bortles had already started to leave the pocket though and it shouldn't have been called.  All the other penalties were legit especially the hands to the face on Bodine.  Christ he bent his head back further than Kennedy's head was blown back.  

The Bills have been top 3 in penalties all year.  Probably will be worst in the league after this weekend.  It's on the coaches and the players.  Was 12 men on the field Walt Coleman's fault?

Be objective.  If I missed another iffy call point it out.  But I watched every play.  Hughes pushed the guy in the back on the Milano INT.  He didn't need to.  All he needed to do was just stand there and let Milano run past him.  But he pushed the guy down right in front of the refs.  Miller tackled the guy on the inside rush.  He blocked him perfectly at the start and then tackled him for no reason.  All he had to do was keep pushing him but he wrapped his arms around him.  

I rewatched the game and looked at each Bills penalty closely. For the most part the calls were legit on both sides. But, there were a few I had a problem with or either should or should not have been called:

1. 1st quarter: Edmunds called for defensive holding. Not only was there no penalty committed by Tremaine, but on that same play, one of the Jags has Jerry Hughes in practically a sleeper hold. Should have been holding against the Jags not the Bills.

2. 3rd quarter: Should have been a personal foul on Jags during punt return. One of the Jags tackles Mckenzie, grabbing under the helmet.

3. 4th quarter: Hands to the face called against Star. This was the worst call of the game for me. He got called because the offensive lineman's head jerks backwards. But it jerks backwards because the running back got tackled into his back/legs and he got rolled up. It was not Star shoving his head back. Ref saw the motion and just assumed the penalty.

4. 4th quarter: This would have been a bit ticky tacky, but they could have called a late hit on Telvin Smith for knocking Josh down. He tries to make it look like it was an accident, like he just backed in to him, but he purposefully gave him a shove. But I was ok with them not calling this...it was pretty minor.

The Taron Johnson holding call was a bit ticky tacky too and could have just as easily gone uncalled, but he did impede the receiver's progress, even if just slightly. So, call was ok. 

The refs did also make a bad fumble call on that return, when the player was clearly down. Though it got overturned. And could have called Ramsey for unsportsmanlike conduct for taking off his helmet and taunting the Bills sideline. But whatever. So, overall I'd say the Bills had two bad calls against them and two on the Jags that should have been called but weren't. On the other side, all I really saw wrong was the Benjamin knee down play, but I didn't watch all of the Jags calls quite as closely.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/27/2018 at 2:07 AM, Agent 91 said:

Forget the penalties EXPLAIN THE KELVIN B CATCH!!! How could that whole sequence happen. He caught the ball slid to a knee obviously touched... popped up and drew a facemask.

Then the Jags td that wasnt... There was no view in the free world that could have led them to believe that there was a shot he crossed the goal line. 

I have to rehash the question,  What is a catch!?!?!?!

Was that the one on Star? He just mushed him. Th Ebay he dropped him one handed led me to think he was the strongest man in the world hahaha

Bodine sorry. I dont know why I was thinking Star,  I thought bodine was the strongest man in the world at that moment lol

KB has horrible agility- on that catch he almost coughed up the ball. I was too far away to see if his knee was down. The stadium replay crew has been doing a lousy job woth replays- sometimes super late or not at all, they are too busy either pumping advertisements or allowing us fans to star at a screen saver! 

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:25 PM, Dadonkadonk said:

Edmunds call was atrocious. No holding what-so-ever. One of the worst phantom calls I have ever seen.

The holding on Miller was not holding either. Miller just was falling. 

The holding on Johnson also was no holding. If it was Sherman he would be called on every single play of his career. Tre White does a lot of that also. And Revis made a HOF career vacation island out of doing that. 

4 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

KB has horrible agility- on that catch he almost coughed up the ball. I was too far away to see if his knee was down. The stadium replay crew has been doing a lousy job woth replays- sometimes super late or not at all, they are too busy either pumping advertisements or allowing us fans to star at a screen saver! 

KB knee was clearly down and broadcast brought on Steratore? rules guy who said Jags missed a review opp to bring ball back the 10 yards or so KB dragged Ramsey and company downfield. Then the facemask would have been added to that new spot.

What he of course completely did not even bring up was it was almost simultaneous that Ramsey knocked the ball lose in KB hand as his knee touched. It was so close to be I think possibly inconclusive.

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Coleman is just too old to be responsible for an NFL game. His crew is awful. 

They should have let Colemans crew do that hyper warp drive KC LA Rams Monday nighter.

That would have been high end comedy. Those players might still be fighting if they called that game like they called Bills game.

Edited by cba fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Yeah they couldnt believe it on tv. He was down down down

On 11/27/2018 at 8:27 AM, Billsfan1972 said:

The Jags could have thrown a challenge and did not.  Calls like that are missed, but regardless the facemask still happened and was a personal foul and would have stood.  

The TD was 50/50 in my view and was I also think on first down.  Worst case it they have 2-3 more cracks.  

As said the most important call the entire game was the holding that cost the Jags 7 at the end of the third and was what changed the entire game.

Yeah but Moron is... well I'll leave that alone and I didnt know it would hve stood. How was the catch 50/50? Were you at the game? On TV it looked down by a yard easy. 

And that hold or the catch changed the dynamic. I even think the McKenzie overturn was humongous. Had we given up that kind of field position... WITH Fournette still playing we may not have been able to come back.