Bama vs Georgia

Bfanlc

22 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

GA QB not diving on 2nd down I think is the play of the game.  My call is AL wins and that play looms huge.  GA could have probably taken a few more minutes and possibly gotten a FG at least on that drive.

I think the missed FG will be what looms large

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lots of gratuitous shots of the Bama baton girls 

Not that anyone's complaining :w00t:

• Like (+1) 1

If Alabama loses, personally I think it sucks if they get in the CFP. Not sure they will lose at this point but if OSU wins and Alabama loses (if) and AL gets in...that leaves two 1-loss Power 5 conference champions out and a 1-loss non-conference champion in.  We'll see.

Just now, /dev/null said:

I think the missed FG will be what looms large

Not that anyone's complaining :w00t:

Probabaly true now.

I can hear my wife upstairs yelling and groaning about what’s happening on the field. She doesn’t watch any games! This must have been a good one? To be fair, she did a day trip to Athens with a UGA friend, so maybe that was it? I’m confused! 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Except Ohio state gets about 12 DPI called on them per game 

They are going to be in the top 4 for no reason other than they are Ohio State. 

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

Dumba** play call to go for the fake punt. Kirby Smart did not live up to his name. :lol:

I legit want him fired right now. He cost his team the game on two occasions. End of the first half and that fake punt. 

That fake punt might be the worst call I have ever seen. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Dumba** play call to go for the fake punt. Kirby Smart did not live up to his name. :lol:

Hey, don’t make fun of Kirby’s. We have one of our own, and he’s OK. 

Oh, you meant....never mind. 

I agree, punting was the thing to do, but it’s easy in hindsight. If they had made it, I might feel differently. So.....

5 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

They are going to be in the top 4 for no reason other than they are Ohio State. 

I legit want him fired right now. He cost his team the game on two occasions. End of the first half and that fake punt. 

That fake punt might be the worst call I have ever seen. 

Yeah, in that situation you HAVE to punt especially with Bama having basically their normal defense and a deep man out there. A smart coach sees that and calls a timeout at least. Kirby Smart, in the words of DC Tom, you're an idiot. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Let’s see what else happens. I’m guessing yes.

It will be Oklahoma. They have 1 loss by 3 to the #9 team, won their conference, and avenged their only loss today. Plus Murray is an exciting  player and legit heisman contender. UGA is good but they lose too many tiebreakers ... two losses, one by 20, and no conf championship. Just how the committee criteria works.

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It will be Oklahoma. They have 1 loss by 3 to the #9 team, won their conference, and avenged their only loss today. Plus Murray is an exciting  player and legit heisman contender. UGA is good but they lose too many tiebreakers ... two losses, one by 20, and no conf championship. Just how the committee criteria works.

That’s fair. I’d love to see Oklahoma against Alabama. That would be fun. Something new to watch. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the battle at the line would be great. Strength vs strength. Oklahoma has v good OL.

Alabama is built to beat the teams they typically play. They do a great job with that. I’d love to see them play against different styles, and Oklahoma would be must see TV. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.