Would you rather be the 3-7 Bills or 3-7 Jags?

KingRex

The Bill's are for sure in a better spot than the Jags, the Jags spent big on free agents in 2017 and 2018 and really wanted to go for it in 2018 after making it to the AFCCG. The Jags have some nice pieces Fournette is a preimer young RB, Ramsey is a young shut down corner, a few additional young pieces are sprinkled in but for the most part they have an older team with no QB and a bad cap situation.

The Bill's have a young QB in place, they have a set of preimer young LB'S In Milano and Edumonds, the Bills have their own young shut down corner in White, Dawkins and Teller look like real players on the O-line, Shaq and Phillips are young defensive line players, Zay could amount to something, and T.Johnson is a young slot corner.

The Bill's will also have a windfall of cap space in 2019 to make improvements. The Jags could be looking at a complete rebuild in 2019 having to go with a rookie QB and let go of a lot of higher paid talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

I mean, I went position by position. Tell me where I’m wrong.

We’re talking about this year correct?  You can’t tell me that Calais Campbell has been better than jerry hughes.  You just can’t.  Has he had a better career?  Yes.  Right now, Jerry Hughes is the better player 100% and it’s not really that close

Ill take us at QB, #2 DT, #3 CB, SLB, SS, FS, LT.

#1 CB and #1 Rb are a tough call.  I’ll take Tre long term over bouye and Ramsey.  I’d take fournette over shady, long term.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2

You think it sucks that we passed on Mahomes and Watson, the Jags passed on both to take a RB who has spent half his career hurt, when Dalvin Cook / Joe Mixon / Alvin Kamara / Kareem Hunt were all available with their second pick.

Imagine Mahomes or Watson with any one of those RBs replacing Bortles / Fournette and (Cam Robinson (OK last year, torn acl this year)) with that defense.  Yikes.

Edited by Chuck Wagon
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

You think it sucks that we passed on Mahomes and Watson, the Jags passed on both to take a RB who has spent half his career hurt, when Dalvin Cook / Joe Mixon / Alvin Kamara / Kareem Hunt were all available with their second pick.

Imagine Mahomes or Watson with any one of those RBs replacing Bortles / Fournette and (Cam Robinson (OK last year, torn acl this year)) with that defense.  Yikes.

The Jags should have taken Watson in 2017. No doubt. Huge gaffe

Jacksonville is a QB away from being a much better team. They have everything else in place to be a contender except for a QB, coaching may be questionable. Right now teams know that all you have to do to beat them is make Bortles try to beat you with his arm, otherwise they will just keep running the ball because Bortles hasnt shown he can be a competent QB in the NFL. They have a really good defence in place already, add a QB that teams have to also respect to throw the ball and they are contenders. Right now they arent a threat to score much and rely on the defence to keep the score low to win. They would have to dump Bortles ASAP and either sign/trade for a decent QB, or draft someone pro ready if possible.

The Bill's have the potential to be contenders down the line, but they still have so many question marks and holes to fill. They still dont know if they have a franchise QB yet, WRs need to be upgraded, older RBs, questions on the oline, and older vets playing on a defence that's very Jeckell & Hyde. And they may have cap room and picks, but they have to find player who will want to come here and find the right guys with the picks otherwise it means nothing.

The last couple weeks may be deceiving playing some bad teams making the Bill's look better, just like the start of the year may have made them look much worse playing some really good teams. Theres still alot of work and questionmarks on both sides of the ball that need to be fixed before this team is a contender, more then just a QB

20 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

How mad are you?

asks the guy who comes in here to crap all over where the Bills are right now.  Just imagine being a person who goes to a team's fan forum site that they don't even like.

• Like (+1) 3

On 11/25/2018 at 10:44 AM, KingRex said:

Not only are things not perfect in Bills land, but the situation is not even good right now.  However, the great irony is that not only are a Bills team that made the playoffs last year in a clear rebuilding mode, but also even stranger, a team which went so deep in the NFL playoffs last year looks even worse.

For me it harkens back to a comment a Dallas Cowboy made when he was asked by the press in a pre-Super Bowl media scrum. whether the upcoming SB was the most important day of his life.

He replied, "If the game is so important, why do they play it again next year? (Was it Duane Thomas or Hollywood Henderson?).

At any rate, the worst to first possibilities do make the NFL interesting (in an adrenaline kind of way) but I must admit I miss the good old days when "the process" demanded a few years to make it work (and conversely a few years of correctable bad moves or unlucky injuries to see it fall apart.

The Jags needs competent QB. They get that and they will be a force to recon with in the AFC. Add in a HC who isn’t god awful and you have a SB championship type team.  They have a great D, great RB, a couple good WR.. they just have sub par QB Play.

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Ever heard of the Rams?

They mortgaged the future for a 3-4 (tops) year window. Rams are good, the Saints are better.

On 11/25/2018 at 9:05 AM, BringBackOrton said:

The Bills will NOT have more talent than the Jags next year. Zero point zero chance. I think every single starter they have is better than every single starter we do.

If the Jags finish with a top 10 pick, they have a good chance of getting a QB in the draft. The Bills somehow managed with pick #21. 

Wanna bet Bills have a better record than Jags this year and next year?