Old School Bills

vorpma

11 minutes ago, no name said:

back when men were men.

Come on, today they all use synthetic drugs to turn them from scrawny beta males to 300 pound whiny divas. The phony muscle from today is way more impressive than real grit.

Edited by Troll Toll

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I think they also dug ditches and welded during the off-season for extra income! 

...Billy Shaw mixed cement.....showed up to play for a whopping 18 grand....smoke and a beer in the locker post game......finally retired at 66 when he could get full Social Security.....the unquestionable football playing years for the game..............paved the way for today's divas.....

• Like (+1) 3

Fast forward to the lousy field that the Buffalo Bills were playing on in the late 80s to early 90s and you'll see why they won four straight AFC Championships.  I have no idea why the NFL allowed the Bills to have such a bad field.    A definite disadvantage to any opponent playing a Bills home game.

And people think that the Patriots cheated.

:o

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, vorpma said:

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports and outdoor

American Football League played Thanksgiving Day games in each of its ten years of existence, 1960 - 1969.  From 1960 through 1966, one AFL game was played every Thanksgiving.  In 1967, 1968 and 1969, each Turkey Day had two AFL games.  This was another AFL "fan favorite" that was lost in the "merger", along with the AFL's name and logo.  The team with the best record in AFL Thanksgiving Day games?  The lowly New York Titans played in the first three, and were 3 - 0.  The Oakland Raiders were second best, with a 3 - 1 record.

13 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Nobody is ever happy in today’s world.. 

Sports was best when one was 11

good thing at that age I saw the Reggie Yankees, Steelers/Raiders/Cowboys, Walton Trailblazers and Lafleur Habs for archetypes of greatness

they haven’t lost any glory at all

Edited by row_33