Where do you have to see a game before you die?

This is obscure but the OTL tournament on Fiesta Island in San Diego during the summer. Absolutely a drunken babe fest and impossible to get on the Island. My favourite team is the 'Drunken Little Hula Bitches' ! I kid you not and you get the idea of the atmosphere !

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just at the Roman Coliseum- amazing!  They used to flood it and have naval battles in the stadium.  They would also have lion versus hippo, tiger versus elephant, mano y mano till the death, etc.  Its amazing that the Romans could transports all those animals from Africa to Rome

285763[/snapback]

That sounds neat!

I always wondered about those hippos? Then I watched a show on Animal Planet and it showed how mean a Hippo actually is. The way they can open their whole mouth and clamp down with force... They are well capable of of eating you! They get pretty ornary!

Who would a thought? Sweet little hippo?

0:):D

I was just at the Roman Coliseum- amazing!  They used to flood it and have naval battles in the stadium.  They would also have lion versus hippo, tiger versus elephant, mano y mano till the death, etc.  Its amazing that the Romans could transports all those animals from Africa to Rome

285763[/snapback]

Oh... It is amazing!

Didn't Hannibal take his elephants around and over the Alps (218 BC)?

Todd.... Can I join ya at Augusta ???

Other choices include....A World Cup Finals match involving either the US Mens or Womens team.....

Going to a PBA televised event would be fun too.

There are many places I would like to attend a game at. Most of them college, as Cajun Bills Backer listed. I don't know all the stadium names but this is who I would love to see:

Michigan. My team, GO BLUE!!!!!

Louisiana State

Notre Dame

Tennessee

Georgia

Alabama

Penn State

Ohio State

Clemson

Florida

Miami, Fla

Auburn

Colorado

Texas

Texas A&M

Oklahoma

Nebraska

Air Force

I'm serious about all these places. I'd also want to see an Ivy League game, a big Division I-AA game, maybe North Dakota vs. North Dakota State, the Rose Bowl game, and the Army-Navy Game. The ending of the Army-Navy game with the two teams on the field singing the alma matter's, always gets to me.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Churchill Downs, Pimlico Racetrack, and Belmont Park for the Triple Crown races. I would go to those.

Even the Westminster Dog Show at MSG would be fun. Hey it's the oldest sporting event in this country.

There are the obvious baseball venues I would like to see.

There are many NFL stadiums I want to go to. I have yet to go to the Ralph for a game. For that matter I have yet to visit the city of Buffalo. <_< One of these days though.

Another similar one, which probably no one gives a squat here...

A classic India Vs Australia One-Day international at the Melbource Cricket Ground (MCG) in the Australian Summer and to boot if that was a World Cup Final.

285907[/snapback]

I think you need to post on the 'insomnia cures' website at yourhealth.com

I  think you need to post on the 'insomnia cures' website at yourhealth.com

288719[/snapback]

That might be your opinion...but having watched cricket all my life, cricket

also is very exciting, especially today when there are results in all matches

and excitement all the time.

Being a lifelong Yankee fan from WNY I never got to a game growing up. It was always a dream of mine. Two and a half years ago I was working on Long Island for a week. The Yankees were on a home stand against the Orioles and I went to all four games. It was one of the most incredible moments in my life. Put tears in my eyes just walking up to the stadium and going through monument park was awesome.

Best thing was I got into all four games free with my military ID card. Say what you want about George but he does a lot for people that people never see. Great seats too. <_<

On a side note, I saw the actual Amittyville Horror house too. Creepy! :doh:

There are many places I would like to attend a game at. Most of them college, as Cajun Bills Backer listed. I don't know all the stadium names but this is who I would love to see:

Miami, Fla

288666[/snapback]

Are you all kidding me? Let me end this argument now... Perhaps the Orange Bowl is a famous sports venue, and it has a lot of history in it, and perhaps UM is a phenomenal football program with loads of #1 picks and Nat'l Chmpionships, but seeing the Hurricanes play in the Orange Bowl is one of the worse places in the world to be. Its one of a few college stadiums that serves alcohol, leading to drunken and annoying UM fans all over the stadium. And yes, I said UM fans, not UM students or alumni, there is a major difference.

UF, gotta go see, loud stadium, electric atmosphere. And why does no one mention FSU? Doak Campbell Stadium has become one of the best looking stadiums in the nation, housing one of the best teams, a perrenial challenger for the crown, and the team of the 90's (12 straight top 4 finishes, 2 nat'l championships). Doak

I've already ben about 1,000 times but you should all try Saratoga for a day of races.

I'd like to go to all the major league parks.  The Pirates new one is tops on my list because it leaves a great impression from TV.

288659[/snapback]

Dude , finally talked the wife into this for a long weekend this summer. She hates racing, but had a good time when we went to Del Mar before we married. Along those same lines, I hear that the Oaklawn meet is just a blast as well, but not as much to do as saratoga outside of the races.

Have been to all three Triple Crowns, as well as one breeders cup. Saw`Arganne pull that 141-1 victory at Santa Anita. Dam horse ruined my day, had 4 out of 5 of the pick six going into that race. Instead, as Shultzie would say"you get nothing"

Have been to all three Triple Crowns, as well as one breeders cup. Saw`Arganne pull that 141-1 victory at Santa Anita. Dam horse ruined my day, had 4 out of 5 of the pick six going into that race. Instead, as Shultzie would say"you get nothing"

289132[/snapback]

The first time I ever went to the races was the 1999 Breeder's Cup at Gulfstream. I was all set to bet Cat Thief in the Classic, but I stopped at the beer line. Of course the people I started talking to were from Rochester. They talked me into another horse.

:blink:

I've been to Wrigley, and I'm going again this year. That's a must see for all baseball fans.