The 2018 Playoff Machine for ESPN is active. Have fun with your scenarios across the league.

11 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Bills?

to answer your question ....  All teams.  Bills? playoffs?   Maybe when hell freezes over. 

You select who you think will win going forward and see where they might end up in the playoff picture. 

Optimistically with this defense it could get to 8-8 for Buffalo.  A miracle like we've never seen before is beating NE in NE to 9-7.  

In conjunction with that the Bills need 3 or 4 teams to do poorly down the stretch.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

to answer your question ....  All teams.  Bills? playoffs?   Maybe when hell freezes over. 

You select who you think will win going forward and see where they might end up in the playoff picture. 

Optimistically with this defense it could get to 8-8 for Buffalo.  A miracle like we've never seen before is beating NE in NE to 9-7.  

In conjunction with that the Bills need 3 or 4 teams to do poorly down the stretch.

Even if you assume the Bills lose to NE and assume they win the other games, that is ludicrous.  Could they win all the other games? sure.  but with how poorly they play on offense it is extremely unlikely and basically it ain't happening.  Maybe we can expect them to win 2-3 of the other five games...that will be 5-11 or 6-10....not making the playoffs there.  Even if they play well and win 4 of the 5 other games, 7-9 ain't doing it.  8-8 would be a miracle, 9-7 would be a minor miracle with tie breakers after the "win in NE" miracle comes through.   If you believe in Santa then you can believe the Bills have a chance.

Edited by mattynh

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

Even if you assume the Bills lose to NE and assume they win the other games, that is ludicrous.  Could they win all the other games? sure.  but with how poorly they play on offense it is extremely unlikely and basically it ain't happening.  Maybe we can expect them to win 2-3 of the other five games...that will be 5-11 or 6-10....not making the playoffs there.  Even if they play well and win 4 of the 5 other games, 7-9 ain't doing it.  8-8 would be a miracle, 9-7 would be a minor miracle with tie breakers after the "win in NE" miracle comes through.   If you believe in Santa then you can believe the Bills have a chance.

Ludicrous or not ....

It's a yearly event for a lot of people.  

Have some fun with it.    Can you do that?  

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

I think the Colts are going to make a run here they could win the AFCS.  Pittsburgh and NE will win the North and East.  KC will win the west and the wildcard teams will probably be LA and Houston

i predict the chargers and colts in the afc championship.  i think houston and kc will fall with the chargers beating pitt and the colts downing the pats.

3 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i predict the chargers and colts in the afc championship.  i think houston and kc will fall with the chargers beating pitt and the colts downing the pats.

I have the Chargers losing more games tat they win going forward. 

want a chuckle???   

Select the Criteria pull down next to Tiebreakers on the upper right and choose DEFENSE 

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's been up and active for a couple weeks now. I posted a link to a scenario of us getting in over in that "miracle playoff run" thread.

Yesterday actually helped us. But I think the Colts get in.

NFL playoff picture has been up for weeks.   

The ESPN Playoff machine began last week.  The first tab is week 11.   

It's that time of the year for it to be a thread again.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

NFL playoff picture has been up for weeks.   

The ESPN Playoff machine began yesterday.  The first tab is week 11.   

It's that time of the year for it to be a thread again.  

Posted on Wednesday, page 4 of that thread.

Looked like it was up from the previous week at the time, too.

Thought about starting a thread, felt it was relevant in the "miracle playoff run" thread, though and decided not to add clutter.

1 hour ago, Tisker A Tasker said:

I figured out a way for us to be the second seed.  Don't worry about it guys.  We got this.

winner.JPG

You have NE Losing out I see and Buffalo winning out.   

Nice job 

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

If it just came up, why did I provide a link for it last week?

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's been up and active for a couple weeks now.

The link is up all year and until the beginning of week 11 it shows the previous season's results.

Regardless - It only becomes active at the start of week 11.

I was on the BYE, sorry for being a week late starting this thread.

Christ .....  and you wonder why I keep putting you on ignore 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Haha (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You have NE Losing out I see and Buffalo winning out.   

Nice job 

The link is up all year and until the beginning of week 11 it shows the previous season's results.

Regardless - It only becomes active at the start of week 11.

I was on the BYE, sorry for being a week late starting this thread.

Christ .....  and you wonder why I keep putting you on ignore 

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

You said the playoff machine started yesterday.

You were wrong and I corrected you and provided a link to prove it, as per CoC.

Stop being such a baby.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

On 11/19/2018 at 12:29 PM, Mango said:

I ran through this, and I honestly don't see NE getting home field advantage. I don't see them getting a bye either. 

1. KC

2. Pitt

3. NE

4. Houston

5. Chargers

6. Indy

you weren't writing the Steelers and Ben off after three weeks on TSW, i hope...  :D

52 minutes ago, row_33 said:

you weren't writing the Steelers and Ben off after three weeks on TSW, i hope...  :D

I don't think so, but maybe, that was months ago. haha. 

I did not realize what a difficult schedule Pitt has down the back stretch. I take that back...kinda. They go in as the 2 seed is my guess, but don't clinch home field. Unless they lose to Pitt, and Houston (with an easy stretch) wins out. 

24 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don't think so, but maybe, that was months ago. haha. 

I did not realize what a difficult schedule Pitt has down the back stretch. I take that back...kinda. They go in as the 2 seed is my guess, but don't clinch home field. Unless they lose to Pitt, and Houston (with an easy stretch) wins out. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25381955/2018-nfl-afc-playoff-race-sorting-wild-division-scenarios-week-12

Sorting the cluttered, chaotic AFC playoff sprint with five weeks left

11. Miami Dolphins (5-6)

FPI playoff chances: 1.8 percent.

IF Buffalo defeats Miami on Sunday we can take a decent step up.  (from .03%) 

10. Cincinnati Bengals (5-6)

FPI playoff chances: 4.0 percent

I don't see the Bungles going anywhere anymore.  

This one confused me.... 

8. Tennessee Titans (5-5)

FPI playoff chances: 20.4 percent

With how good the Bills D is, it's fairly straightforward to see them winning 3 of their remaining games and winding up 7-9, which is quite incredible when you consider that we've had to start four different QBs this year. 

I've been very hard on McDermott all year, but I've never doubted that he knows how to get his guys to buy in and play hard. If the offense isn't losing games, and the defense plays hard for four quarters, this team can beat 75% of the teams in the league on any given Sunday. 

The issue now is that what was looking like a pretty promising top 10 pick might now slip into a 1st round pick in the mid to late teens where it will be harder to get a blue chip prospect. It'll be interesting to see how the final 5 games go, and then this will probably be the biggest offseason this franchise has had in at least 10 years as they fill holes and try to solidify the D and load up on weapons to surround their QB with. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, jrober38 said:

With how good the Bills D is, it's fairly straightforward to see them winning 3 of their remaining games and winding up 7-9, which is quite incredible when you consider that we've had to start four different QBs this year. 

I've been very hard on McDermott all year, but I've never doubted that he knows how to get his guys to buy in and play hard. If the offense isn't losing games, and the defense plays hard for four quarters, this team can beat 75% of the teams in the league on any given Sunday. 

The issue now is that what was looking like a pretty promising top 10 pick might now slip into a 1st round pick in the mid to late teens where it will be harder to get a blue chip prospect. It'll be interesting to see how the final 5 games go, and then this will probably be the biggest offseason this franchise has had in at least 10 years as they fill holes and try to solidify the D and load up on weapons to surround their QB with. 

Based on DEFENSE RANKINGS.  Meaning if the  teams with the better Defense wins each game 

4th Seed  Buffalo  Proj: 9-7

other than that the Bills could make a 6th seed IF the Ravens crapout 

14 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The games we lost head to head against Indy and Baltimore likely eliminate us.  I think it's going to be near impossible for us to get 1 full game clear of both those teams.

a few "experts" are calling for 10 wins in the AFC and maybe 9 in the NFC

thanks for coming out

just keep beating teams that you should be beating.

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The games we lost head to head against Indy and Baltimore likely eliminate us.  I think it's going to be near impossible for us to get 1 full game clear of both those teams.

Agreed.  

It took a lot  of precise variations to get the Bills  in the 6th seed.  There were games I thought irrelevant to the Bills matchups that kept bumping them out of the picture .

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Agreed.  

It took a lot  of precise variations to get the Bills  in the 6th seed.  There were games I thought irrelevant to the Bills matchups that kept bumping them out of the picture .

climbing over 7 teams makes it Mount Everest in sports

Hockey is the worst, you can be 5 points out of the playoffs and stay there for months despite playing okay

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

climbing over 7 teams makes it Mount Everest in sports

Hockey is the worst, you can be 5 points out of the playoffs and stay there for months despite playing okay

I've outlined this in another thread, but the summary is that we really don't need to worry about 5 of those teams. If you were to tell me that the following happen:

1. Bills win last 5

2. Colts lose 3 of last 5 (at Houston, home vs Dallas, at Tenny)

3. Ravens lose 3 of last 5 (at Atlanta, at KC, at LA Chargers)

Then I would be willing to bet serious money (how about $5000?) that the Bills make the playoffs as the 6th seed.

25 minutes ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

I've outlined this in another thread, but the summary is that we really don't need to worry about 5 of those teams. If you were to tell me that the following happen:

1. Bills win last 5

Then I would be willing to bet serious money (how about $5000?) that the Bills make the playoffs as the 6th seed.

winning at Foxboro, if the Pats care even 1%....  that's keeping people with a life from worrying about how the Bills get to 10 wins

2 hours ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

1. Bills win last 5

which is why I tried to steer that duplicate thread to this thread ....

1 -  a hard sell but I'd love to see it 

2 -  a possibility

3 -  another possibility 

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

winning at Foxboro, if the Pats care even 1%....  that's keeping people with a life from worrying about how the Bills get to 10 wins

that's why we shock the world with the 2nd biggest upset of the season.  

3 hours ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

1. Bills win last 5

Hey now you're supposed to bet $5000 against the Bills to get that to work.

LOL.  

I saw that the Bills would make the playoffs when using Defense as the Win crirlteria.  

What I didn’t pay attention to was the placing. 

The Bills would win the AFCE and the Cheats would be a 6th seed. 

:D  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan