Week 12: Jaguars Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

19 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I was just watching the Steelers @ Jags.

I know most on here feel like Allen should start because "this season is all about his development," and "he needs as many reps as possible," and, apparently, the plan of having him sit and learn behind a vet mentor, for some reason, no longer applies, even though we have a much more competent, and seasoned vet than we did throughout the preseason. Remember when the conventional wisdom on Allen was that he was a "project" with "lots of potential, and upside," but "needed time to develop on the sidelines?"

Well, no more. Now, it makes more sense to throw Allen into the same situation that all of the Peterman apologists said unfairly ruined what could have been a perfectly unremarkable career as a mediocre backup. What's good for the goose is not what's good for the first round draft pick, apparently. We have "so much invested in him" that he should be on the field asap, regardless of how badly he, or the rest of the team flops. Supposedly, there is some logic to this notion.

But, man... I wish McD and company would commit to winning the next game. And, I suspect that Barkley gives us a better chance. Watching Doug Marone's smug puss on the sidelines as the Jags' D destroy Allen, and our offense, will be hard to endure. But, for some reason, this will be good for Allen's development, or so I am told.

So you dont think facing a good defense like the Jags will help in Allens development win or lose? The Jags are not the Jets. Barkley is not guaranteed any type of success. Barkely did his job and got the Bills a win. I would like Barkley to stay on with the Bills as a back up. Allen needs to play. If he doesnt play then he is going to use next season as his learning curve. Let Allen play the rest of the season. OTAs and training camp as the starter will further his development even more. 

Michael DiRocco ESPN Staff Writer 

Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said QB Blake Bortles remains the starter as the team tries to snap a six-game losing streak on Sunday in Buffalo. "When you say that, you've got to see if someone you put in there is going to be better," Marrone said about lineup changes in general. "That's the point of what it is right now and I don't think that we've ever not looked at if we can put someone in there that's going to perform better. That comes during the week of practice. Then if someone can perform better during that week we'll be able to do that. You can't just replace people just to replace them. You've got to replace them with people that you feel are going to do a better job for you." Bortles completed 10-of-18 passes for 104 yards in Sunday's 20-16 loss to Pittsburgh.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said QB Blake Bortles remains the starter as the team tries to snap a six-game losing streak on Sunday in Buffalo. "When you say that, you've got to see if someone you put in there is going to be better," Marrone said about lineup changes in general. "That's the point of what it is right now and I don't think that we've ever not looked at if we can put someone in there that's going to perform better. That comes during the week of practice. Then if someone can perform better during that week we'll be able to do that. You can't just replace people just to replace them. You've got to replace them with people that you feel are going to do a better job for you." Bortles completed 10-of-18 passes for 104 yards in Sunday's 20-16 loss to Pittsburgh.

A ringing endorsement if I've ever heard one!

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

A ringing endorsement if I've ever heard one!

Yeah. Bortles should feel great about that. :lol:  It's fault of Coughlin and Caldwell for staying with Bortles this long when they could have done something to address an obvious weakness.

Why Josh Allen is Confident in Return from Elbow Injury

atuggvsxivkkdtd6y5gi.jpg

He was surprisingly specific when it came to the injury that has kept him sidelined for the Bills last four games.

The improvement in Josh Allen’s elbow from the week leading up to the Jets game to now has been significant.

“I definitely think it was (a good decision),” said Allen of sitting out the Jets game. “The difference I feel in the elbow right now compared to two weeks ago, it’s a very big difference. I’m making throws where I don’t have to second guess,” said Allen. “I’m putting the ball where it needs to be. When I’m making this throw there’s no grabbing or pulling in there. It feels comfortable and fluid. Maybe two weeks ago I may have had a couple of throws where I didn’t want to make that throw yet. Now it’s full game and every throw is on the table.”

All signs are pointing to Allen returning to the lineup Sunday against Jacksonville, a team with the fourth ranked defense that ranks ninth in points allowed and has allowed the fewest first downs in the league.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Doug Marrone Conference Call: Monday, November 19 (16:35)

clmcxl1eefiopipv6yni.jpg

Head Coach Doug Marrone meets the media on a conference call to review the 20-16 loss to the Steelers.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

10 hours ago, BillsfanAZ said:

So you dont think facing a good defense like the Jags will help in Allens development win or lose? The Jags are not the Jets. Barkley is not guaranteed any type of success. Barkely did his job and got the Bills a win. I would like Barkley to stay on with the Bills as a back up. Allen needs to play. If he doesnt play then he is going to use next season as his learning curve. Let Allen play the rest of the season. OTAs and training camp as the starter will further his development even more. 

Where did this notion that learning from the sidelines is no longer relevant come from? It's not a new concept, and it was the plan when we drafted him, and it was the plan at the beginning of the season. Are you honestly telling me that QBs do not develop until they step foot on the field during the regular season? And, do you honestly believe that some losing situations don't damage a QB's development? Do you not think that constantly having to scramble out of the pocket because of a crappy O-line doesn't have the potential of reinforcing bad habits? Remember Trent Edwards, aka Captain Checkdown? He didn't come out of college with that nickname.

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 1