Week 12: Jaguars Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

Time for Allen to start making some throws. I will give it to him, he seems to have that “it” factor that no Bills qb ever seems to have. The thing you can’t really measure that raises the level of the players around him. That being said, the accuracy and decision making is not where it needs to be. Allen is a rookie and those struggles are to be expected. Still, we are going into start 6 for him. It’s time to make the throws that he should be able to make. The WRs need to help him out but Allen has to help himself too.

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Time for Allen to start making some throws. I will give it to him, he seems to have that “it” factor that no Bills qb ever seems to have. The thing you can’t really measure that raises the level of the players around him. That being said, the accuracy and decision making is not where it needs to be. Allen is a rookie and those struggles are to be expected. Still, we are going into start 6 for him. It’s time to make the throws that he should be able to make. The WRs need to help him out but Allen has to help himself too.

He's still a raw rookie QB so you should expect some struggles along with his playmaking ability. 

14 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Where did this notion that learning from the sidelines is no longer relevant come from? It's not a new concept, and it was the plan when we drafted him, and it was the plan at the beginning of the season. Are you honestly telling me that QBs do not develop until they step foot on the field during the regular season? And, do you honestly believe that some losing situations don't damage a QB's development? Do you not think that constantly having to scramble out of the pocket because of a crappy O-line doesn't have the potential of reinforcing bad habits? Remember Trent Edwards, aka Captain Checkdown? He didn't come out of college with that nickname.

That was the plan but plans change. There is something to be learned from watching seasoned pros play the position.....Farve and Rodgers. I dont see how watching Barkley play helps Allen. Would the outcome of the Texans game been different if Allen didnt get hurt? Who knows but I will say Allen most likely wouldnt have thrown the pick six to seal the deal. Allen didnt get benched for performance, he got benched for injury. If you want Barkley to play the rest of the season win or lose and have Allen watch then that is your opinion because you think that is what gives the Bills the best chance for wins. If you want to put Allen in only if Barkely craps the bed in a game or two then I dont think that helps Allen at all. All QB's need that time period for the game to "slow down" for them. That doesnt come while standing on the sidelines or in the off season. 

Top 7 Storylines for the Bills-Jaguars this Week

lqieuri27xdaygh9y4ka.jpg

It’s back to the regular season grind for the Bills, with six games left to define their 2018 season. They’ve got new faces in the lineup, a new influx of speed, and the likely return of a rookie starting quarterback this week.

Here are the top storylines for this week’s Bills-Jaguars matchup:

1. RETURN OF THE ROOKIE?

2. WHAT DOES THE SPEED MEAN TO THE BILLS?

3. GOOD START FOR MCCOY AND THE RUN GAME – BILLS NEED MORE

4. TWO TOP DEFENSES BATTLE THIS WEEK

5. JAGS REELING?

6. RAMSEY THE EMOTIONAL FLASH POINT

7. PLAYOFF REMATCH

40 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Top 7 Storylines for the Bills-Jaguars this Week

lqieuri27xdaygh9y4ka.jpg

It’s back to the regular season grind for the Bills, with six games left to define their 2018 season. They’ve got new faces in the lineup, a new influx of speed, and the likely return of a rookie starting quarterback this week.

Here are the top storylines for this week’s Bills-Jaguars matchup:

1. RETURN OF THE ROOKIE?

2. WHAT DOES THE SPEED MEAN TO THE BILLS?

3. GOOD START FOR MCCOY AND THE RUN GAME – BILLS NEED MORE

4. TWO TOP DEFENSES BATTLE THIS WEEK

5. JAGS REELING?

6. RAMSEY THE EMOTIONAL FLASH POINT

7. PLAYOFF REMATCH

thanks 26 for the great reading material.      i'm so addicted to this team....uggghh

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Sexton-Oehser: Back and Forth

cnphfbpwfnvxpnsywi9k.jpg

JACKSONVILLE – Senior writer John Oehser and senior correspondent Brian Sexton look back at the Jaguars’ 20-16 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 11 and forward to Sunday’s game against the Buffalo Bills at New Era Field in Orchard Park, New York

Oehser and Sexton

1. Reviewing the preview.

2. As I saw it.

3. Looking ahead, briefly.

Ramsey: "It's a new week" (4:35)

All Pro cornerback Jalen Ramsey talks about playing defense in today's NFL, Bills rookie quarterback Josh Allen and moving past the Pittsburgh loss.

Hackett: "Everyone wants points" (8:42)

Offensive coordinator Nate Hackett talks about his quarterback, better execution and the offensive outburst on Monday Night Football.

Hackett: “We have to find a way to move the ball”

tmnkicrbzfz96nbsw0xz.jpg

JACKSONVILLE – Nate Hackett sees his task simply.

“My job is to always put the guys in the best position possible,” the Jaguars’ offensive coordinator said Tuesday.

That job has been anything but easy this season.

The Jaguars’ offense, after ranking sixth in the NFL in total yards and fifth in points last season, this season amid a rash of injuries rank 21st in yards and 29th in points through 10 games. Those struggles have contributed to a six-game losing streak.

The struggles have many observers focused on quarterback, with Head Coach Doug Marrone being asked this week if starter Blake Bortles will remain the starter at the position. Asked if Bortles might be benched, Marrone said “We’re not going to do that.”

Edited by 26CornerBlitz