Louisville fires Bobby Petrino; will NOT reportedly hire Jeff Brohm

YoloinOhio

15 hours ago, BillsFanCRNA said:

Petrino will be an offensive analyst for Bama come CFP time 

Oh, god, I hope not.

He has way more baggage than Kiffin, and, in IMO, no way near the offensive aptitude.

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think they are going after Jeff brohm from Purdue. 

That's the big rumor.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I'm not sympathetic to the schools that hired him because his reputation was well known. One school after  another, including pro programs, seen him pull his unsavory act with them. What's the surprise? When you go to the grocery store and buy an already rancid piece of fruit you end up with an non-edible piece of fruit.  When you hire a Rex Ryan you get Rex Ryan that includes his circus act. When you hire a Bobby Knight to coach your basketball team you get a thuggish autocrat who believes he answers to no one. When you hire a Petino to coach your basketball team you get a coach who is always going to have the stench of cheating swirling around his program. Some of these types of tarnished characters stay longer in one place because they win. But in the end you get what you get. 

50 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I'm not sympathetic to the schools that hired him because his reputation was well known. One school after  another, including pro programs, seen him pull his unsavory act with them. What's the surprise? When you go to the grocery store and buy an already rancid piece of fruit you end up with an non-edible piece of fruit.  When you hire a Rex Ryan you get Rex Ryan that includes his circus act. When you hire a Bobby Knight to coach your basketball team you get a thuggish autocrat who believes he answers to no one. When you hire a Petino to coach your basketball team you get a coach who is always going to have the stench of cheating swirling around his program. Some of these types of tarnished characters stay longer in one place because they win. But in the end you get what you get. 

Yeah that university sold its soul when it hired both pitino and Petrino. Not a shock at how those hires both turned out. 

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah that university sold its soul when it hired both pitino and Petrino. Not a shock at how those hires both turned out. 

In the big time basketball programs there is a lot of back door activity to get stud a player/s who can instantly make you a contending team. Petino was to a large extent able to compete against Kentucky, the marquee state and national program, without getting the quantity of pro prospects that the Wildcats were able to recruit. Without question he is a better coach than Calipari. What got tiresome about Petino is his posture that he didn't know what was happening in his program. That's utter nonsense. Being slick doesn't mean that eventually you won't be caught. 

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

are you paying attention to Pitino's effort to get back into the NBA as a coach?

his twitter feed is amazing for the 0% self-awareness of the whole deal, it's a bigger horror show than Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing gave us.

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

are you paying attention to Pitino's effort to get back into the NBA as a coach?

his twitter feed is amazing for the 0% self-awareness of the whole deal, it's a bigger horror show than Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing gave us.

Yes. The Cavs fans want him ?. I remember when he coached my Celtics what a train wreck.

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes. The Cavs fans want him ?. I remember when he coached my Celtics what a train wreck.

He was okay for a while and then it cratered

gonna beat the Raptors tonight? two tough home losses this week for Toronto....

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Before Jackson was full time starter:  9-4, 8-5

With Jackson as full time starter:  9-4, 8-5.

And in that time he has been recruiting like crap and now it was evident the year after Jackson is no longer there to mask his flaws. 

7 hours ago, H2o said:

And in that time he has been recruiting like crap and now it was evident the year after Jackson is no longer there to mask his flaws. 

His record was the same with and without Jackson doing all that masking.

As recruiting....it's Louisville football.  That's a tough sell to top players.

Edited by Mr. WEO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.