Occasi-Cortez Channeling the Rent's too damn high guy

bdutton

18 minutes ago, Foxx said:

huh, i thought you just rode in them.

No, you still have to drive them. They've replaced the Maserati as the 'must have' rich person's car.

To add to the humor that is CA, a big incentive to get any electric car here is that it gives you access to the HOV lanes which, as you can imagine in CA, is worth its weight in aluminum.

CA is now doing away with that benefit, and in fact is looking at taxing you based on the miles you drive and not just on gas. Because if there is a dollar to be had, CA will find a way to take it from you.

Edited by LABillzFan
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

No, you still have to drive them. They're replaced the Maserati as the 'must have' rich person's car.

To add to the humor that is CA, a big incentive to get any electric car here is that it gives you access to the HOV lanes which, as you can imagine in CA, is worth its weight in aluminum.

CA is now doing away with that benefit, and in fact is looking at taxing you based on the miles you drive and not just on gas. Because if there is a dollar to be had, CA will find a way to take it from you.

no wonder Joe Walsh wants to be gone.

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

To paraphrase AOC, it's not a question of what it will cost. It's a question of what we'll do with all the money we have when it's done.

You have to give her credit; she got a lot of big names to sign on. I can't tell if it's because it's just a flowery resolution they know will never go anywhere, or if they all hate Pelosi that much.

Check out the Senate signee's.  It's like a Batman Rogue's Gallery of 2020 Democratic POTUS hopefuls.  It may not go any place but they are sure banking on it bringing in votes.  Rich Democratic donors be damned.  At least the ones not named Soros.

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

While we’re drunk. 

A close friend of mine got one, backed into a pole and dented the fender. Repair was over $10,000.

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Check out the Senate signee's.  It's like a Batman Rogue's Gallery of 2020 Democratic POTUS hopefuls.  It may not go any place but they are sure banking on it bringing in votes.  Rich Democratic donors be damned.  At least the ones not named Soros.

I was genuinely impressed by the people who signed on, given that it reads like it was published by Golden Books.

Edited by LABillzFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

A close friend of mine got one, backed into a pole and dented the fender. Repair was over $10,000.

I was genuinely impressed by the people who signed on, given that it reads like it was published by Golden Books.

You have to wonder if they even read it?

It’s a non-binding resolution but will likely come up for a vote, and that will be very interesting. Vote for it and you’re a loonie. Vote against it and you’re an enemy of the loonies. 

Dems are determined to eat their own. 

19 minutes ago, Kevbeau said:

You have to wonder if they even read it?

I think if Pelosi hands you something and asks you to join on, there is history there and you can make a fair judgement call on the right thing to do without reading it.

AOC can barely squeeze a tube of toothpaste without getting something wrong, so you have to wonder why anyone would NOT read it before signing on.

It's now being reported the "Green Dream, or whatever it is" resolution is something that has been around from her chief of staff, Saikat Chakrabarti, who worked for Bernie Bros but couldn't get him on board with it. So I suspect they all realize it's a marketing ploy of some sort, which would be fine if it wasn't one of the dumbest things I've ever read that wasn't written by Tibs, 34 or Coach Tuesday.

10 minutes ago, Nanker said:

All hail The Donner Party 2020!

12 minutes ago, Nanker said:

It’s a non-binding resolution but will likely come up for a vote, and that will be very interesting. Vote for it and you’re a loonie. Vote against it and you’re an enemy of the loonies. 

They are taking the highway bypass for 2020

That must be because everyone is driving them out here.

Legal battle ensues as Michigan passed a law restricting Tesla sales in the state.

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/06/12/tesla-legal-battle-heats-up-in-michigan/

Also:

Michigan loves the auto industry for obvious reasons.  In August every year they have the Woodward Dream Cruise, a multi-day event where tens of thousands of classic cars cruise for miles for days, well organized by local police.  I think more than a million people attend each year.  The carbon monoxide and exhaust fumes from all the old cars is almost overwhelming to spectators and drag races occur on the street with no objection from police.  A true throwback event.  Can't believe leftists haven't tried to shut it down. It's a great weekend though for car buffs. 

Edited by keepthefaith

No, you still have to drive them. They've replaced the Maserati as the 'must have' rich person's car.

All those tax dollars they take from us at work!  Makes the $700 plus a year to register my truck worth it. Took 6 hours to get from San Rafael to Danville last night/afternoon. Usually under an hour drive. Since the bridge closed everyone had to use #37 which is basically a two-lane (one way each way) highway. You can imagine.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2019/02/07/falling-concrete-closes-richmond-san-rafael-bridge-traffic/

1 minute ago, Dante said:

All those tax dollars they take from us at work!  Makes the $700 plus a year to register my truck worth it. Took 6 hours to get from San Rafael to Danville last night/afternoon. Usually under an hour drive. Since the bridge closed everyone had to use #37 which is basically a two-lane (one way each way) highway. You can imagine.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2019/02/07/falling-concrete-closes-richmond-san-rafael-bridge-traffic/

My truck registration in CA is just under $700/year. When I move to Idaho this summer, I will register that same truck for $73.

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I'd say she was set-up, but these are the people that signed on with it:

Meanwhile, this pretty much sums up yesterday and AOC's very, very, bad day:

These people are so stupid they couldn't even get their own propaganda organized.

Ed Markey is from Oregon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

My truck registration in CA is just under $700/year. When I move to Idaho this summer, I will register that same truck for $73.

You're gonna need a new screen name.
Unless  you still want to identify as a Californian from LA.

Edited by Uncle Joe